This should interest all Bold fans!

Looks good to me!
    07-18-08 05:03 PM
    Its a pity that the iphone does a better job at the Webpages, but then again, bold beats it in so many other ways
    07-18-08 05:51 PM
    Its a pity that the iphone does a better job at the Webpages, but then again, bold beats it in so many other ways
    I beg to differ. Of the things both do, I believe the iPhone excels.

Below are some example...

Text/SMS... Great threaded messaging, even better than the treo.

Email... This is what true HTML should be.

Voicemail... On my BB, I used to have the box full as most of the times I know who sent me a message and what they said. On the iPhone, usually under 3 or 4 as I am able to just delete right from the voicemail app. I also love the fact that I don't have to go in the order that they came in.

Browser... As this article proves, worlds ahead, just a bit closer now with the Bold's browser. I also love having tabbed browsing like Firefox/Safari.

MobileMe... 20 times better than what BIS offers. I take a pic, I upload it to my MobileMe account (20 gigs of storage) and delete. Contacts/Calendar push... forgot about it. I have a friend who is helping me look up appointments for apartments. She would just add it to my calendar on my MobileMe account and it's instantly on my iPhone while I travel with the address that I can hit and locate in the Maps application.

App store... Wow. Applications are just coming in left and right.

Games? Wow multiplied by 2. All touch and has great games.

Storage?... Not just 16GB of storage for media/files, but also for applications. I've already download over 25 apps and no slow downs what so ever. On my BB, I kept about three 3rd party apps due to precious space. (Opera Mini, Twitterberry & Telenav) Even after a while I took Telenav off.

iPod... Although I don't use this portion... for those who love watching movies or listening to music, this is awesome.

Tons more stuff, not enough time. Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other, but for me, it's as perfect of a device as it's going to get. Once again, not perfect, but the most for my needs/wants.
    07-18-08 06:17 PM

I beg to differ. Of the things both do, I believe the iPhone excels.

Below are some example...

Text/SMS... Great threaded messaging, even better than the treo.

Email... This is what true HTML should be.

Voicemail... On my BB, I used to have the box full as most of the times I know who sent me a message and what they said. On the iPhone, usually under 3 or 4 as I am able to just delete right from the voicemail app. I also love the fact that I don't have to go in the order that they came in.

Browser... As this article proves, worlds ahead, just a bit closer now with the Bold's browser. I also love having tabbed browsing like Firefox/Safari.

MobileMe... 20 times better than what BIS offers. I take a pic, I upload it to my MobileMe account (20 gigs of storage) and delete. Contacts/Calendar push... forgot about it. I have a friend who is helping me look up appointments for apartments. She would just add it to my calendar on my MobileMe account and it's instantly on my iPhone while I travel with the address that I can hit and locate in the Maps application.

App store... Wow. Applications are just coming in left and right.

Games? Wow multiplied by 2. All touch and has great games.

Storage?... Not just 16GB of storage for media/files, but also for applications. I've already download over 25 apps and no slow downs what so ever. On my BB, I kept about three 3rd party apps due to precious space. (Opera Mini, Twitterberry & Telenav) Even after a while I took Telenav off.

iPod... Although I don't use this portion... for those who love watching movies or listening to music, this is awesome.

Tons more stuff, not enough time. Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other, but for me, it's as perfect of a device as it's going to get. Once again, not perfect, but the most for my needs/wants.
    Raaassss .... a die hard ..... I love your end bit, "Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other ...."

Yes, Iphone is a solid multimedia tool, and as far as multimedia goes, BOLD can't touch it. But the bolds not supposed to be a Multimedia tool, Its should be a SOLID business phone.

- I've had a play with the virtual keyboard on the iphone 3G and BLOODY **** Its awful !

- Theres no profile support (as far as I can see)

- Adding attachments to an email is a joke.

- No shortcuts for anything
    07-18-08 06:28 PM
    Raaassss .... a die hard ..... I love your end bit, "Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other ...."

Yes, Iphone is a solid multimedia tool, and as far as multimedia goes, BOLD can't touch it. But the bolds not supposed to be a Multimedia tool, Its should be a SOLID business phone.

- I've had a play with the virtual keyboard on the iphone 3G and BLOODY **** Its awful !

I totoally agree, one just cannot compare a business tool to a multimedia device. If BB users who think the BlackBerry is missing stuff what the iPhone has go out and buy an iPhone, stop complaining about BlackBerry. My slogan for BB (BlackBerry! The Key to Success is Always Stay Connected).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 06:08 AM
    hmmm, well, I am not sure I agree with this!

The keyboard needs a week to learn, if you type on it, go "its rubbish" and walk away, then you are a moron.

To give you an idea I can type 26 wpm on an iPhone with full accuracy.

as an email device, well, it depends, personal email is better on the iPhone, as pictures work, files work, in fact to coin the apple phrase "it just works".

as for the overall device, I drain an iPhone battery a day, my BB can go for 3, the keyboard can be used when driving with the BB, it cannot on the iPhone without death.

I prefer the BB at the moment because it is cheap, and because most of the people know buying iPhones are cocks!

so yeh, my analysis:

Typing: faster, and I mean MUCH faster, on the iPhone, and unlike most people here, I own both.

Email: sending and receiving pictures, friends emails, and designs are just better on iPhone. Corporate email is better on BB, and to be honest BIS is absoulte rubbish! I have spent 3 hours this morning trying to get something working on 3 new BIS accounts that has always worked on my iPhone

Multimedia: iPhone, of course, is by far and a way the winner

Browsing: iPhone

A Phone: blackberry by a mile! the 3g is better, but the blackberry is great, and UMA is awesome.

Feel: The curve is OK, the 8820 feels like a tyco toy, and the iPhone feels amazing.

Status: iPhone: you are probably a ****, BB: You are a business person.

that is my belief
    07-19-08 08:01 AM
    I agree the iPhone has better web browsing, but in reality...how often will you find yourself doing serious web browsing on your handheld and not a computer? Most of the time there's always a computer around at home or at work.

I prefer the BB over the iPhone for it's communication abilities over the web.
    07-19-08 08:39 AM
    I agree the iPhone has better web browsing, but in reality...how often will you find yourself doing serious web browsing on your handheld and not a computer? Most of the time there's always a computer around at home or at work.

I prefer the BB over the iPhone for it's communication abilities over the web.
    You have a point, however the same thing was said about e-mail years ago. Why have e-mail on a device when you can check it on your home/work/school/etc computer? And look at where we are now.

The iPhone is definitely better, by far, on the web browsing aspect. And let's hope that RIM puts everything they have into OS 5.0 having an amazing browser that competes with the iPhone. As for e-mail, especially enterprise e-mail, Apple has a very long way to go.
    07-19-08 10:12 AM
    yeh, the funny thing is when you own one you will find out how often you browse the web, trains, car trips, airport lounge, coffee shop, pub...... the list is endless!!!!
    07-19-08 11:53 AM
    yeh, the funny thing is when you own one you will find out how often you browse the web, trains, car trips, airport lounge, coffee shop, pub...... the list is endless!!!!
    I agree I use my 8700c for browing all the time and I wish the browser was better. I also use email all the time (if you have a BB and communicating with other BB users there is no need for SMS) and for the people who use BIS as I do I'd like to know what they have on a BB that they don't with an iPhone.

However, for me the email on an iPhone is useless as (from what I've read here and not personal experience) the iphone cannot save attachments. Add to this that the iphone cannot be used for tethering makes it completely useless to me as anything but a multimedia device. And I already have a Touch. If the iPhone could fix these things and add in copy/paste I'd very likely have one.
    07-19-08 01:54 PM
    It really depends on the person. Yes, if you travel a lot go out alone a lot, etc...you may use it. Me? I may use it off and on once or twice a day and that's just to check news and stuff.

I think it really depends on what you're going to get a handheld for. Too many people purchase a product just for the sake of getting it. For instance my Father has the original iPhone and ONLY uses it as a phone. No web, no music, just phone.

The other thing I don't like about the iPhone is you can't customize it. That drives me nuts! However, it is an excellent handheld if it has what you're looking for, but I need more customization.
    07-19-08 03:10 PM
    It really depends on the person. Yes, if you travel a lot go out alone a lot, etc...you may use it. Me? I may use it off and on once or twice a day and that's just to check news and stuff.

I think it really depends on what you're going to get a handheld for. Too many people purchase a product just for the sake of getting it. For instance my Father has the original iPhone and ONLY uses it as a phone. No web, no music, just phone.

The other thing I don't like about the iPhone is you can't customize it. That drives me nuts! However, it is an excellent handheld if it has what you're looking for, but I need more customization.
    I totally agree! I was all up for the iPhone for soooo long but when I 1st saw the Bold and then after testing the iPhone several times, the Bold is for me!!! There are some great things with the iPhone but the things that the Bold beats it on are HUGE!!! And more important than the little things that are better on the iPhone over the Bold. And customizing is a huge thing! So is copy/paste, and I still can't believe there's no back button??? I always use mine and would be lost without it! And even with the web browsing, I always use the web on my BB and the iphone browser might look better but I'm not goin' on the on my phone just so it looks good! And as far as space goes, um what about a SD card?? I can just add my apps to my card if I need to.
    07-19-08 04:09 PM
    well, you can customise the iPhone, but.... well... that's 12 year old boy stuff! the summberboard themes that came out looked hidious, and then you just think "can i do better than 3 years and 100s of millions of $ of R&D" the answer is no, you cannot.

you are right, different people have different uses. However of the iPhone owners I know all of them browse the internet a lot on their iPhone and regard it as the most useful thing

you can now save attachments, that was added as a feature in 2.0

The BB, like I say is a great device, the reason I go with a BB at the moment is because the UK carrier for the iPhone is shockingly bad, I would rather have chlamydia, and the BB you can get on Orange, which I like (my iPhone was unlocked before, but its a paid to get hold of the 3g at the moment)
    07-19-08 05:39 PM

It's funny how I spoke to a RIM rep and they informed me that it is supposed to be more of a Media centric phone and that is the way RIM is headed. This was actually before the iPhone 2g. Does this mean they aren't for businesses? No... it means that they realize that "All work and no play" is a thing of the past. In my opinion, the iPhone got there first...

You ever try to look at an attachment or picture on your berry? Now have you tried it on the iPhone? Yes, that another point for Apple. It's bad and I think my company (AT&T) may have realized that and as managers we may be surprised one day with iPhone goodness. I also have a business with one of my friends (real estate) and when he sees a house he takes the pictures and sends it to me. Before, on my Curve, I would just wait until I was near a PC to view it. Now on my iPhone, it's wonders.

You can say that the iPhone is media and not business all you want, but for my use, it's business before media. In fact, I don't even have music/movies on my iPhone.
    07-20-08 12:16 AM
    ugh...can we move on please. enough and the f_ckin iphone already. if i was interested in one i'd be on an iphone site instead of CRACKBERRY.
    07-20-08 12:27 AM
    jayden do you have a Bold, or have you ever even used one? Because how would you know all these features on the iPhone are better than the Bold if you're relying solely on a review by BG and the Bold isn't even in full production yet?
    07-20-08 12:34 AM
    jayden do you have a Bold, or have you ever even used one? Because how would you know all these features on the iPhone are better than the Bold if you're relying solely on a review by BG and the Bold isn't even in full production yet?
    This goes both ways...

How can so many people say the Bold is automatically better when it isn't even in full production yet?
    07-20-08 10:17 AM
    Yes, I actually have seen it performance compared to the iPhone 2g on Wifi. I will tell you that the OS is a lot faster than any BB I have ever used.

No I am not going by the BG article solely. To be honest, I skimmed through that article, not even taking it serious.

Thanks,

07-20-08 12:59 PM
    ugh...can we move on please. enough and the f_ckin iphone already. if i was interested in one i'd be on an iphone site instead of CRACKBERRY.
    THANK YOU HARRY!!!! I have a "sighphone" and i'm on crackberry because i can't wait to jump ship. I'm here to see what people know about the new Bold. If you want to talk about how great Apple and Steve Jobs are, then go to apple.com with the rest of the lemmings!!!

by the way, i've never regretted a decision more than jumping from BB and going to the iphone, no cut and paste, no mms, no video, constant freezing... i'm so over iphone. C'mon BOLD!!
    07-20-08 08:00 PM
    Oh please, if you want an iPhone, get the iPhone; if you want a Bold, get the Bold! It's all about your needs and wants...

I had the iPhone, didn't like it, I got tired of touching everything...it was a nice phone, but i prefer a Blackberry.
    07-20-08 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD