Hey guys, I will be in Spain next week and have the unlimited data plan, BUT I need a program for voice so I can use my data plan to talk back to the US. I don't mind spending a little money, but I'd rather not have to pay 1.25 a minute for roaming while in Spain.

I know skype uses airtime instead of date because of verizon's ******** agreement with them.

Also, I'm not familiar with it, but is there an SIP client for the blackberry, and if so, how does it work?

Basically I want to talk with my data connection instead of using airtime minutes while roaming. I know the iPhone has multiple programs that can do that, (such as skype) but I'd rather use my blackberry. Either a storm, storm 2, bold, or tour.

Thanks for the help!
    09-20-10 02:40 PM
    It is my understanding that Verizon's Skype will not work overseas.

I am in the same boat. I am going to Madrid late in October and have not found a good solution. You can get a sim card that will allow for somewhat reasonable cell voice, but will not work with data. Look at Picell - they can provide a sim card or rental phone. I am thinking of using a rental phone and leaving my Storm2 on an international data plan.
    09-20-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD