Just released today, Meebo is now available for Blackberry.

Meebo for BlackBerry beta | meebo
    09-20-10 10:01 AM
    Just released today, Meebo is now available for Blackberry.

Meebo for BlackBerry beta | meebo
    thanx!!!I just downloaded it and its nice.
    09-20-10 11:17 AM
    What's the advantage of Meebo over other IM apps? Or, say, even the integration in Social Feeds on the Torch?
    09-20-10 11:25 AM
    Downloaded it (on 9650 running OS 6) and no buddies are appearing. Anyone else have this happen?
    09-20-10 11:27 AM
    What's the advantage of Meebo over other IM apps? Or, say, even the integration in Social Feeds on the Torch?
    Having one app for all your IM needs. Similar to Beejive.
    09-20-10 11:29 AM
    This application looks nice, i like this app
    yes i do too simple to use.
    09-20-10 11:34 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for checking out the app!

If you have any feedback, please feel free to send it to me directly at paris AT meebo-inc.com - we really value your input, especially while we're in beta.

Glad you're enjoying the app!

@bcryberg: if you want to ping me with more info on the issue you're seeing, I might be able to help!

Thanks!

Paris
    09-20-10 12:19 PM
    Got the browser plug in...it would be nice to have a stand alone install as well that isn't browser dependent. I'm in and out of browsers all day and switch proxies all the time.
    09-20-10 12:28 PM
    One drawback I'm finding is that it does not seem to show my AIM contacts that are "On Mobile" as being online....I know that they are online, but Meebo shows them as being offline.
    09-20-10 12:40 PM
    Any good feedback from a Torch user? So far none of the mulit-IM apps will work for my fb account. This one have fb also?
    09-20-10 01:07 PM
    Any good feedback from a Torch user? So far none of the mulit-IM apps will work for my fb account. This one have fb also?
    Don't know about the torch..... I plan on installing it on my wife's torch later but it does do FB chat.
    09-20-10 01:11 PM
    Don't know about the torch..... I plan on installing it on my wife's torch later but it does do FB chat.
    Hi there!

We explicitly targeted the Torch, so you should have a great experience!

You'll need to add your Facebook account on Meebo Messenger at meebo.com, though!

Paris
    09-20-10 01:19 PM
    Hi there!

You'll need to add your Facebook account on Meebo Messenger at meebo.com, though!

Paris
    Paris,

Can you address the AIM contacts that are "On Mobile" as being online, where Meebo is showing them offline?
    09-20-10 01:25 PM
    Cool....can you chime back when you do. After trying out fb on it from a Torch?! Thanks
    09-20-10 01:29 PM
    Hi there!

Paris
    Wow...thanx so far sign up was a breeze at the .com. Now to install on BB!
    09-20-10 01:45 PM
    09-20-10 01:51 PM
    Having issues with landscape view...does app allow text entry in this format on Storm2 9550?
    09-20-10 05:08 PM
    im not getting notifications is anyone else having this issue.
    09-20-10 06:44 PM
    Loaded it on my wife's Torch and it did not work. Keypad blocked typing area, landscape mode can't type, and no notifications (sound or icon - nothing in the notifications settings for Meebo either).

It needs some work for sure. Not ready for primetime
    09-20-10 06:55 PM
    Loaded it on my wife's Torch and it did not work. Keypad blocked typing area, landscape mode can't type, and no notifications (sound or icon - nothing in the notifications settings for Meebo either).

It needs some work for sure. Not ready for primetime
    Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll be rolling out the next version of the beta very soon!

If you're not getting notifications, please make sure they're turned on. You'll find them under 'Meebo' buried in the 'Options' app of your BlackBerry. On the Torch it'll be under 'Third Party Applications'.

@whsbuss: Keypad should not be up when you use the hardware keyboard, and the app is not yet supporting landscape mode at all. If the keyboard is obscuring the chat when the slider is closed, start typing and see if that slides the chat down into the correct position - let me know if it does!

For notifications, please check the notification settings as above to make sure they're turned on!

Paris,

Can you address the AIM contacts that are "On Mobile" as being online, where Meebo is showing them offline?
    We're on it - this shouldn't be happening, and I'm not observing the behaviour but we'll put a fix in the queue to make sure it can't happen.

Let me know if you have further problems and we'll sort you out.

Thanks,

Paris
    Last edited by Paris BA; 09-20-10 at 07:18 PM.
    09-20-10 07:14 PM
    Keypad is down when using the physical keyboard. When using the virtual keyboard it hides the area where your text is being typed and the keypad doesn't drop after you send. So you have to slide the virtual keyboard down.

As far as the AIM contacts logged in as Mobile, I see them as offline on the Meebo web account. Similar to problems you all had last year with AIM.

EDIT: the AIM problem is not blackberry related. Both meebo accounts on the web display AIM mobile users as offline.
    Last edited by whsbuss; 09-20-10 at 09:41 PM.
    09-20-10 09:39 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll be rolling out the next version of the beta very soon!

If you're not getting notifications, please make sure they're turned on. You'll find them under 'Meebo' buried in the 'Options' app of your BlackBerry. On the Torch it'll be under 'Third Party Applications'.

@whsbuss: Keypad should not be up when you use the hardware keyboard, and the app is not yet supporting landscape mode at all. If the keyboard is obscuring the chat when the slider is closed, start typing and see if that slides the chat down into the correct position - let me know if it does!

For notifications, please check the notification settings as above to make sure they're turned on!

We're on it - this shouldn't be happening, and I'm not observing the behaviour but we'll put a fix in the queue to make sure it can't happen.

Let me know if you have further problems and we'll sort you out.

Thanks,

Paris
    My AOL mobile buddies are showing up as online and in their own catagory just fine. However, I am having the issue with the virtual keyboard. When you type the box is hidden. But I just tested it again and if I touch it and pull the screen up I can see the text box now. Weird thing is that under the "3rd party apps" option for Torch there is no longer a choice for "Meebo". I just installed .246 if that matters. Oh and my "family" catagory under buddies is now gone. Another thing It would be nice to be able to order the IMs in "most often used, alphabetical etc. " by choice. Any chance of that ever becoming an option? I'm really loving the chance you've given us to run the beta. Liking the app alot so far.
    09-20-10 09:50 PM
    My AOL mobile buddies are showing up as online and in their own catagory just fine. However, I am having the issue with the virtual keyboard. When you type the box is hidden. But I just tested it again and if I touch it and pull the screen up I can see the text box now. Weird thing is that under the "3rd party apps" option for Torch there is no longer a choice for "Meebo". I just installed .246 if that matters. Oh and my "family" catagory under buddies is now gone. Another thing It would be nice to be able to order the IMs in "most often used, alphabetical etc. " by choice. Any chance of that ever becoming an option? I'm really loving the chance you've given us to run the beta. Liking the app alot so far.
    Interesting..... both my Meebo accounts show the AIM mobile buddies as offline. Doesn't matter if I'm on the meebo web, iphone app or BB app.

Your description of the virtual keyboard is exactly what I saw on the Torch. And I never saw any notification settings anywhere. So you never get any.
    09-20-10 10:37 PM
    Interesting..... both my Meebo accounts show the AIM mobile buddies as offline. Doesn't matter if I'm on the meebo web, iphone app or BB app.

Your description of the virtual keyboard is exactly what I saw on the Torch. And I never saw any notification settings anywhere. So you never get any.
    Hey guys,

Until we completely support the virtual keyboard, I'd suggest sticking with the hard keyboard (hey, that's what BBs are really awesome at, right?) Updates will roll out fast over the next few weeks/months though

For notifications, check your options screen and find Meebo in there - we don't use the native notifications system yet (it's under 'Third Party Applications' on the Torch).

Thanks!
    09-20-10 11:11 PM
    Hey guys,

Until we completely support the virtual keyboard, I'd suggest sticking with the hard keyboard (hey, that's what BBs are really awesome at, right?) Updates will roll out fast over the next few weeks/months though

For notifications, check your options screen and find Meebo in there - we don't use the native notifications system yet (it's under 'Third Party Applications' on the Torch).

Thanks!
    Thanks Paris.... I'm sure you will get this thing corrected. As far as the AIM mobile buddies, I submitted a support ticket on Meebo.
    09-20-10 11:14 PM
113 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD