So this seems a bit petty, but it needs to be said...

My torch's gps will only work in google maps if I'm anywhere that doesn't have a clear view of the sky. Blackberry maps won't even work. I know this is the stupid one, but my foursquare locations won't refresh correctly and put me in the right place. With my tour, at least it would use cell site info. Not on the torch...any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 09:48 AM
    Anyone?

09-21-10 09:31 PM
    Go into app managment and make sure everything is set to "allow". I can't think of anything else.

09-21-10 09:44 PM
    i'd have to agree with berryjunkie i have no problems...heck i was in vancouver, b.c and was able to pull a gps link through the rain clouds no problem
    09-21-10 10:40 PM
    My GPS finds me in my basement.

09-21-10 10:45 PM
    Ok..I'm thinking I'm going to make an exchange/warranty return. I couldn't even get the GPS to find me with Blackberry Maps once I downloaded it (which is typically the answer to everything! And yes, everything is set to allow...)
    09-21-10 11:10 PM
    Bb Maps doesn't work real well for me eirther. Try d/l'ing google maps and see what happens.

09-21-10 11:23 PM
    Google maps works fine...it's just every other GPS app that doesn't..
    09-21-10 11:25 PM
    Google maps works fine...it's just every other GPS app that doesn't..
    If your GPS isn't working, Google is getting your location from your cell tower. Go to Options / Status and type test. That will bring up the internal self-test program. Go outside with a clear view of the sky and run the GPS test. If it fails, you've got proof for your warranty claim.
    09-22-10 08:25 AM
    I've been using an app called Waze, its free, full featured and speaks the directions just like a regular GPS.

Waze: Way to go

Doesn't list the Torch yet but other than not working in landscape mode I haven't had many problems!
    09-22-10 08:42 AM
    I had issues with the gps on my first torch (returned it because of a different problem). After a hard reset it worked just fine.
    09-22-10 08:56 AM
    I've been using an app called Waze, its free, full featured and speaks the directions just like a regular GPS.

Waze: Way to go

Doesn't list the Torch yet but other than not working in landscape mode I haven't had many problems!
    I'm gonna give this a shot (on my 9700).
    09-22-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD