Starting to get a little suspicious of the "rumored" release date on Rogers (25th). One week to go and no word.
    What do you think?
    07-18-08 01:44 PM
    It's a no go my friend. That's why you are not hearing anything.

The BlackBerry Bold is going to hit Rogers sometime in August.
    07-18-08 01:53 PM
    yeah rogers is being awful quiet. i sure hope its still the 25th as im dying to get a blackberry again. my razar isnt cutting it anymore!
    07-18-08 03:55 PM
    Sprint FTW!!!

Oh wait...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 04:36 PM
    not that quiet actually. Check out what someone posted on hofo from The Province newspaper (in Vancouver) today:

This just shows that it's coming anytime now!
    07-18-08 05:16 PM
    nice!!!!!!!
    07-18-08 05:20 PM
    Notice that the Bold in that picture isn't branded Rogers at the bottom. I don't know what that means, if anything.
    07-18-08 05:25 PM
    Notice that the Bold in that picture isn't branded Rogers at the bottom. I don't know what that means, if anything.
    true, but neither is the Pearl
    07-18-08 05:26 PM
    is there anybody in the crackberry community that works for Rogers? Because I know there a few guys that work for AT&T.
    07-18-08 05:34 PM
    true, but neither is the Pearl
    Good point. Didn't notice that.
    07-18-08 05:37 PM
    I really hope it gets released soon. I will be on Hols in the US during August and would love to pick one up unlocked.

Has anyone heard anything about UK availability/release apart from Vodafone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 05:14 AM
    The fact that dummy models have been spotted in a couple of Orange shops in the UK gives some encouragement, but as far as I know no definate launch date has been quoted yet.

Carphone Warehouse are now saying "Expected August" though, so we can but hope.

Although the Vodafone Business Shop still states "Launch expected in July" I can't see this happening somehow.
    07-19-08 05:49 AM
    my dad just came into my room all excited. he was like "look rogers has the bold !!!!" and produced the advertizement in the picture above.
    haha i was so excited for a second then i was like damn.

but...if you read the small print in the add.. theres a thing that says "offer expires july 31st 2008" the offer being "bring in this ad and recieve $25 bill credit" which is located right above the bold.

now thats not screaming "bold will be out before july 31st" but it kinda gives a good feeling ...yes?

only crappy thing is..the ad is only for certian rogers location..and not for the store i will be purchasing mine at! hehe. oh well!
    07-20-08 08:16 PM
    good to hear. i sure hope its true. cuz these rumors have been killing me.
    07-20-08 08:27 PM
    you and me both.
    im going stir crazy without a bold. haha.fingers crossed and 5 days to go?
    07-20-08 08:33 PM
    Whats up guys, first post, Ive been watching everyone commenting on the pending bold release. I work as a manager for Westjet airlines, and yesterday I had a group fly out to Las Vegas. The group was a group of 30 employees from Rim flying out. They all had the bold in hand working, which they let me play around with for a while. I asked them about the pending release date on rogers, and asked them if July 25th was the date. They informed me that it's been pushed back an extra week, but will be displayed in toronto at certain locations for people to actually see it within the week. I don't know if they were BS'ing me, but the guys were quite genuine, as well as allowing me to see the features the bold holds. They also informed me that they are pushing the date back in the U.S. for the bold quite drastically. Reason being is that they want to test one phone per market, so they will test the bold up ere in canada, and the U.S. will see the thunder first. From RIM employees mouths... hope its true!
    07-20-08 09:20 PM
    It's good that someone has had contact with an insider - nobody else here claims the same thing. Case closed!
    07-20-08 09:26 PM
    Hey everyone, I work at a Rogers Dealer store and we literally have heard nothing from Rogers about the release date of the Bold. My district manager has been telling people the end of the month so hopefully its out before August. We still dont have an exact date though
    Everyone has been so focused on Apple's Iphone that they havent said much about the Bold...
    07-21-08 08:56 AM
    Hey everyone, I work at a Rogers Dealer store and we literally have heard nothing from Rogers about the release date of the Bold. My district manager has been telling people the end of the month so hopefully its out before August. We still dont have an exact date though
    Everyone has been so focused on Apple's Iphone that they havent said much about the Bold...

Same thing here, we haven't even recieved any invoices for our demo phones which we generally recieve before the actual ones for sales come in. We can't even order them through Sales Central.
    07-21-08 02:02 PM
    how long before a regular blackberry release do you usually find out?
    07-21-08 05:29 PM
    i caved
    i went out and bought a curve.
    and im REALLY happy..imm so excited to have a blackberry again.
    it was stresing me out not knwoing and all the waiting and excitement..im realy happy with the curve.
    now i just have to get my number ported but theyre closed right now.
    07-21-08 11:31 PM
    It's now 3 days before its supposed to come out. Anyone heard anything new?
    07-22-08 10:33 AM
    I called the rogers call center and they are saying the 28th or 29th or 25th....they don't sound too sure of anything. My local store however is saying and has been saying for 2 weeks now that it will be the 23rd or 25th. They told me that they don't get any prewarning, they usually just show up.
    07-22-08 01:18 PM
    That's good news. Why do they have to be so secretive? If the announce a date and it has to change that just announce that it will be later.
    07-22-08 01:27 PM
    I called the rogers call center and they are saying the 28th or 29th or 25th....they don't sound too sure of anything. My local store however is saying and has been saying for 2 weeks now that it will be the 23rd or 25th. They told me that they don't get any prewarning, they usually just show up.
    If the Bold was to come out this week, wouldn't the tech guys at Rogers have received some sort of training on the new device?
    07-22-08 02:37 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD