does quicklaunch work with the new 6.0 leak? If so what version do I use?

sorry if this was posted somewhere else but i searched and could not find it.

Thanks.
    09-19-10 05:08 PM
    Quicklaunch 3.3 worked for me on the 6.0 leak. The only thing is if you want to be able to launch it using the space bar, you must disable application search and enable shortcut keys (found in theme section under options). If not, you can store it in your favorites or in the 1 line of your tray and launch it that way. Either way, after launched it works.
    09-19-10 05:15 PM
    I have QuickLaunch as my right convenience key, so doesn't matter if it works on spacebar or not
    09-19-10 05:56 PM
    Each time I try and download it says, "The item you selected can not be displayed. Do you want to save the item?" I save it and then try and download the .jad file and get a download failed 907 invalid COD.

Any thoughts?
    09-19-10 06:12 PM
    Each time I try and download it says, "The item you selected can not be displayed. Do you want to save the item?" I save it and then try and download the .jad file and get a download failed 907 invalid COD.
    Are you downloading this to your PC or your BB?

A jad file is an OTA install. OTA is Over The Air, meaning downloaded direct on your device.
    Wherever you're trying to download from, go there from your 9650's Browser and it will install itself once you click the Download button on the screen.
    Take note of the instructions on your screen to check off the Edit Permissions box on the Download screen before starting the DL.

Was that the issue? Or were you already doing this from your device?
    09-19-10 07:42 PM
    In order to get quick launch working ... Atleast to get the spacebar from home screen working ... From the home screen you have to go to BB button - options - launch by typing - select application shortcuts ... This will allow you to still use spacebar for quicklaunch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 08:25 PM
    Quicklaunch 3.3 worked for me on the 6.0 leak. The only thing is if you want to be able to launch it using the space bar, you must disable application search and enable shortcut keys (found in theme section under options). If not, you can store it in your favorites or in the 1 line of your tray and launch it that way. Either way, after launched it works.
    Thank you for posting this, I have been fighting to get QL running by space bar all day! You have saved me from a headache!
    09-19-10 08:49 PM
    Are you downloading this to your PC or your BB?

A jad file is an OTA install. OTA is Over The Air, meaning downloaded direct on your device.
    Wherever you're trying to download from, go there from your 9650's Browser and it will install itself once you click the Download button on the screen.
    Take note of the instructions on your screen to check off the Edit Permissions box on the Download screen before starting the DL.

Was that the issue? Or were you already doing this from your device?
    The OS6 leak won't install .jad files on the device and won't let you select to. It only allows the option to store them on the media card.
    09-19-10 09:48 PM
    Yes, for some reason it wants you to save it on the card. Once you do save it, click on it and it will take you to the download page.
    09-19-10 10:21 PM
    Yes, for some reason it wants you to save it on the card. Once you do save it, click on it and it will take you to the download page.
    I was able to use this method for all Google mobile apps, but I get "Download Failed" when I try it with QL. Anyone get it to work?
    09-20-10 12:04 AM
    Unconfirmed, but from reading a number of threads it appears regular browser downloads seem to work ok (I've done several myself actually) but doing .jad files through MobiHand or Crackberry App Store is not working.

EDIT: Actually I forgot that I actually downloaded SmartBBattery through the Crackberry App Store and it worked fine. So not sure what the differentiator is here.
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 09-20-10 at 02:05 AM.
    09-20-10 02:02 AM
    I have the same issue. I save the .jad file to my media card like it makes me, I click the .jad file, start to download, then it says download failed.
    09-20-10 08:26 AM
    Still having the same issue..even after trying all of the suggestions above...any thoughts?
    09-20-10 09:32 AM
    Still having the same issue..even after trying all of the suggestions above...any thoughts?
    I had backed up with bbsak, that is the only way I was able to get it back. Tried to re-download from appstore but had the same 907 error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 10:22 AM
    Just tried the method on this page: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/6-0...2/index27.html

Email yourself (on PC) the link to download QL from Mobihand, download OTALoader.zip (link is on the page above), copy and paste the emailed link into the box, and download. Then, move all files (jad and cod) to your memory card, go to "Media," click "Explore," and open the jad file. I did this and it installed properly for me.
    09-20-10 11:03 AM
    I am in the same boat.
    09-20-10 11:04 AM
    Just tried the method on this page: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/6-0...2/index27.html

Email yourself (on PC) the link to download QL from Mobihand, download OTALoader.zip (link is on the page above), copy and paste the emailed link into the box, and download. Then, move all files (jad and cod) to your memory card, go to "Media," click "Explore," and open the jad file. I did this and it installed properly for me.
    For some reason when I copy and paste the link into the OTALoader it tells me "This is not a valid OTA file"
    09-20-10 11:35 AM
    For some reason when I copy and paste the link into the OTALoader it tells me "This is not a valid OTA file"
    This may or may not help, but I right-clicked the link and clicked "copy link address," then pasted that into OTALoader. Maybe the actual (working) link is different from the one that appears in the email.
    09-20-10 11:39 AM
    This may or may not help, but I right-clicked the link and clicked "copy link address," then pasted that into OTALoader. Maybe the actual (working) link is different from the one that appears in the email.
    This worked. Thanks so much for the help. I dont think I would survive without QL!
    09-20-10 11:42 AM
    Let me know if you find any issues for QuickLaunch on OS 6.
    Thanks
    09-20-10 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Running good so far for me.
    09-20-10 02:58 PM
    holy canoly batman...this was so much easier than pulling my hair out and blasting RIM for nus not being able to download our paid apps from mobihand. awesome job bcryberg.
    09-20-10 11:28 PM

i tried that and no luck. im using windows seven. and when i right click link on email from mobihand i do not have the option to "copy link address"
    09-21-10 02:59 PM
    Thanks
    CheetahAce, if you're watching this thread, transparency isn't working for me w/6.0.0.222. I have QL v3.3 for 9630/9650 - OS 5.x installed. Also "Set Permissions" from within "QuickLuanch Options" does nothing. And the QL Bluetooth toggle doesn't work for me on 6.0. But everything else w/QL seems to be functioning perfectly on OS 6.0!

FYI: If you're having issues w/the install methods on this thread? Just download "QuickLaunch-Install.zip" bellow and follow the simple instructions within the archived folder to install QuickLuanch v3.3 on OS 6.0.
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 09-21-10 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Couldn't link to another post, so I just added the attachment to this thread.
    09-21-10 03:32 PM
    Thanks
    I have just updated to BB6, I have set the option to allow application shortcuts but when I press the space bar I get the "Add Item" page not the launch page. I'd love to know how to get this to work as I use QL for just about everything.

One other question, do you have a way to open specific email folders? I have 3 email accounts and would like to at least be able to open my primary with QL. I have looked for a way to do that to no avail. I've got my home screen to no rows of icons, was hoping that I could do everything from QL.

Thanks,
    09-21-10 07:29 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD