After my desktop software kept nugging me for an upgrade of my Tour - finally installed it.

Of course RIM still can not figure out how to preserve icon layout settings, but that I can live with.

But why is the ... world do they decide to change the way I lock out keyboard? No more lock icon - and lock button is really inconvinient for me to use. I do not need or want password protection.

... Who just goes and does not leave an option that became the second nature for company customers? I am using it for many years - I do not want to change.

No wonder everybody is kicking RIM.... They have no clue.

If you are listening - .... Let you loyal customers remain loyal - do not ... them over small things - like unlocking your damn device with one hand.
    09-19-10 12:07 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can lock your device without needing a password, calm down.
    09-19-10 12:13 AM
    Cali is right and your about 6 months late on the lock complaint bus.... *facepalm*

Let dumb users remain dumb and loyal user adapt to your changes.

Will you complain when OS6 comes out because it doesn't function like OS5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 12:24 AM
    My sister upgraded from OS 4 to 5 and whined about where the heck is the 'lock' icon, but then again that's the only difference in lock mechanism. It's still the old "Press * and Green Call Button"

Nothing changes, at least for 8520
    Last edited by Raestloz; 09-19-10 at 12:58 AM.
    09-19-10 12:55 AM
    just use the lock button on the top of your phone. jeeeeez.
    09-19-10 04:57 AM
    Cali is right and your about 6 months late on the lock complaint bus.... *facepalm*

Let dumb users remain dumb and loyal user adapt to your changes.

Will you complain when OS6 comes out because it doesn't function like OS5?

Listen, genius. You can suck up to morons at RIM all you want - but I develop software for a living, and I know full well how not to annoy users.

You can add new things all the want - but you do not completely remove functionality that becomes automatic for users.

No wonder that with "fans" like you RIM is about to become irrelevant. Which would be a damn shame,a s they still have the best e-mail implementation.
    09-19-10 01:10 PM
    just use the lock button on the top of your phone. jeeeeez.
    Another *****. Can you read? It is NOT convinient for me.

..and I had been using a leaked and modded 5.0 since well before an official version came out (so I can read HTML email people insist on using) - that is why I was waiting on the official updates. Early versions of 5.0 (official to other carriers) had been just fine.
    Last edited by Karamba; 09-19-10 at 01:15 PM.
    09-19-10 01:11 PM
    If your not happy with Blackberry OS, I'm sure Android OS will make you happy.
    Sell your current phone, and buy a Droid.
    Easy as 1, 2, 3!
    09-19-10 01:16 PM
    I love these threads. They make me laugh. Thanks OP.
    09-19-10 01:17 PM
    I love these threads. They make me laugh. Thanks OP.
    They make my grandmother laugh too.
    09-19-10 01:33 PM
    No lock for you. You come back, one year...

How is the software button that much more convenient? By the way on my Tour with 5.0.0.732, there is a lock icon...
    09-19-10 02:27 PM
    No lock for you. You come back, one year...

How is the software button that much more convenient? By the way on my Tour with 5.0.0.732, there is a lock icon...
    I have a Tour using 5.0.0.419, there is a lock icon.
    09-19-10 09:31 PM
    some of you are ridiculous...

that lock icon WAS convenient, especially because it could be mapped. i hate the top lock button, too, but i will say only because it isn't a button, per se. you just mash on it and hope it's pressed. i want tactile feedback, and so do you, so admit it.

the 4.7 lock was kind of stupid though, when it didn't immediately shut off the backlight. so i think we can just say nothing is ever perfect. and i'm not sure when/where you find a lock icon in 5.0, especially .732, but i'm going to have to assume you use a password...
    09-20-10 12:16 AM
    I hold down the 'A' key to lock mine
    09-20-10 02:52 AM
    After my desktop software kept nugging me for an upgrade of my Tour - finally installed it.

Of course RIM still can not figure out how to preserve icon layout settings, but that I can live with.

But why is the ... world do they decide to change the way I lock out keyboard? No more lock icon - and lock button is really inconvinient for me to use. I do not need or want password protection.

... Who just goes and does not leave an option that became the second nature for company customers? I am using it for many years - I do not want to change.

No wonder everybody is kicking RIM.... They have no clue.

If you are listening - .... Let you loyal customers remain loyal - do not ... them over small things - like unlocking your damn device with one hand.
    Go back to a 4.0 version of the OS and you'll have the lock function you want. Then go into the Desktop Manager and tell it you are not interested in knowing when the world has moved on (don't notify me of updates).

Then, you can find something else to whine about Mr Programmer. I have to say though, the apps that you program must be really bloated if you just keep adding functions but never remove any functions because the users are used to everything that is in the application.
    09-20-10 06:26 AM
    Karam did you not get your soother?

I like how because I adapted to the change on a device I'm a RIM suck up?

Are you that OCD you need an actual Icon to say your phone Is locked? I'm pretty sure it says its locked when its locked.

Now if you complained about losing owner information display I could agree, but you're beating a dead horse here. You can go read all the QQing from like 8 months ago when this was implemented.

Problem is YOU don't want to change, you want to live in your comfort zone and a little glass box.

You want no change, go get a dumb phone, where software updates don't exist, and the companies don't seem to care. I also hear the BleckBerry is good too!

Last edited by Fubaz; 09-20-10 at 06:52 AM.
    09-20-10 06:49 AM
    I think some versions of OS5 have the lock icon and some do not.

On the Bold 9000, it seems that 5.0.0.592 doesn't, but .681 does.

I've used both the icon and the button and don't really have a preference as long as it locks, which it always does. I suppose I just adapt to whatever's there.
    09-20-10 07:01 AM
    I think some versions of OS5 have the lock icon and some do not.

On the Bold 9000, it seems that 5.0.0.592 doesn't, but .681 does.

I've used both the icon and the button and don't really have a preference as long as it locks, which it always does. I suppose I just adapt to whatever's there.
    Yes, early versions of OS5 have the lock icon and owner info.

It all depends on carrier release candidates, for which older OSs have it.
    09-20-10 08:14 AM
    Listen, genius. You can suck up to morons at RIM all you want - but I develop software for a living, and I know full well how not to annoy users.

You can add new things all the want - but you do not completely remove functionality that becomes automatic for users.

No wonder that with "fans" like you RIM is about to become irrelevant. Which would be a damn shame,a s they still have the best e-mail implementation.
    I have no idea why I'm bothering to respond to you and your over-the-top attitude, but... They didn't remove functionality. They improved the way that function is accessed. if you would read, you would have seen many other ways to lock your keyboard. You can the A key, you can press menu then *, you can use teh button at the top of the device.

To say that it's not convenient to press an assigned button at the top of the device seems a little silly. I mean, unless you have a hand deformity, I can't see why you are so hindered by this. It sounds like an unwillingness to adapt.

Another *****. Can you read? It is NOT convinient for me.
    It is not a surprise to me that somebody who insists on clogging up their home screen with redundant icons finds design improvements inconvenient.

What do you design software for? WordPerfect? MS DOS?
    09-20-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD