I have heard that many are experiencing browser slowness or no connection at all with the new WebKit browser on their 9650. I am among them. Any ideas why this is or how to remedy it?
    09-18-10 07:53 PM
    Have you tried resending your service books?
    09-18-10 08:21 PM
    I have tried to resend my service books to no avail. The weird thing is that EVERYTHING else requiring network works (ie facebook, opera, etc). My webkit browser works fine with wi-fi, but not on 3G. My wife's Storm2 is having the same browser issue, so it may not be related to the OS6. Also, verizonwireless.com doesn't seem to be working from a mobile browser. ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 02:09 AM
    same here...i let it go all night and still the same this morning, BUT, it took about 2 hours before i could use BBm last night on OS6, and facebook was really slow, so i wonder if it is a verizon thing??
    09-19-10 05:44 AM
    It's a servicebook issue (browserconfig). Your carrier doesn't support OS6 yet and isn't pushing the correct servicebooks. I assume you wiped the device before loading OS6.

Follow my instructions here. I wrote them for the 9800 but it should work for any device. You will need a blackberry with OS5 installed and running on the network that has all the servicebooks pushed to it for this to work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/un...ctions-513408/

09-19-10 07:26 AM
    Mines working fine on Sprint.... browser working great
    09-19-10 07:29 AM
    if you did an update from OS5 you should be fine. If you wipe the device before installing OS6 you'll probably have issues because sprint nor Verizon are pushing the servicebooks for the browser on OS6. Same thing for 9800 users on unsupported networks. As you now have OS6 up and running I will strongly recommend that you backup your servicebooks using the "legacy servicebook restore mode" that I explain in my instructions just in case you have to wipe/reinstall OS6. Trust me, we 9800 users have been bitten by this and 5 minutes of your time will save you a headache if you have to wipe the device. (DM does not backup all your servicebooks, only certain ones, so if you wipe the device you're screwed unless you have a full servicebook backup or until your network officially supports OS6 and pushes the correct servicebooks).

Mines working fine on Sprint.... browser working great
    09-19-10 07:42 AM
    I posted this on the comments section on the home page, but I'll report here. I'm on Sprint and browser is working fine, but defaults to mobile web pages and there is no option available to change emulation to IE or Firefox. Any suggestions on how to change the browser to view full website pages and NOT mobile with OS 6.0?
    09-19-10 08:06 AM
    It's a servicebook issue (browserconfig). Your carrier doesn't support OS6 yet and isn't pushing the correct servicebooks. I assume you wiped the device before loading OS6.

Follow my instructions here. I wrote them for the 9800 but it should work for any device. You will need a blackberry with OS5 installed and running on the network that has all the servicebooks pushed to it for this to work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/un...ctions-513408/

It worked perfectly! I copied the service books from my Tour 9630, and restored them to the Bold 9650 and its working great! YOU ARE TRULY A LIFE SAVER!!!
    09-19-10 11:35 AM
    if you did an update from OS5 you should be fine. If you wipe the device before installing OS6 you'll probably have issues because sprint nor Verizon are pushing the servicebooks for the browser on OS6.
    With all respect, this is not correct. I backed up only my contacts and calender nothing else. I wiped and set the Network connection to on.
    Service books seemed to load up and my Email account icons arrived.

I tested the emails, text messages, calls, browser. everything works just fine.

I loaded my applications manually. I was trying to load nothing from the old OS5 setting. but you know contacts and calender setting were unavoidable, ...um may be those too if I synchronized with outlook or google sync.

Anyway everything is working just fine, I am currently watching the battery life to see how thing are going to be. I am playing with it to see how things are acting.
    09-19-10 12:24 PM
    With all respect, this is not correct. I backed up only my contacts
    and calender nothing else. I wiped and set the Network connection to on.
    Service books seemed to load up and my Email account icons arrived.

I tested the emails, text messages, calls, browser. everything works just fine.

I loaded my applications manually. I was trying to load nothing from the old OS5 setting. but you know contacts and calender setting were unavoidable, ...um may be those too if I synchronized with outlook or google sync.

Anyway everything is working just fine, I am currently watching the battery life to see how thing are going to be. I am playing with it to see how things are acting.

The instructions obviously aren't for you then, doesn't mean it's incorrect.

09-19-10 12:29 PM
    I was not talking about the instruction. What was incorrect in my opinion, when you said: "If you wipe the device before installing OS6 you'll probably have issues because sprint nor Verizon are pushing the servicebooks for the browser on OS6.".
    Don't take it personally man, I really appreciate that you were trying to help many people who have the browser problem.
    09-19-10 12:50 PM
    I wiped before installing 6.0.0.222. Had no service books or internet so I had to downgrade back to 5.0.0.732 made sure i had internet capabilities and service books. Then I reinstalled 6.0.0.222 and all works just fine. Pain in the a$$ but it worked for me.
    09-19-10 03:37 PM
    I posted this on the comments section on the home page, but I'll report here. I'm on Sprint and browser is working fine, but defaults to mobile web pages and there is no option available to change emulation to IE or Firefox. Any suggestions on how to change the browser to view full website pages and NOT mobile with OS 6.0?
    The user agent ID sent by the browser identifies it as a WebKit browser -- i.e., a mobile browser -- so you will generally always be directed to mobile sites first. There is no way to change this. Many mobile sites have a full site link at the bottom, though.

09-19-10 04:50 PM
    xandermac is there a possibility i can take a backup of someone elses blackberry servicebooks and use them? i read through your fix but i did wipe my phone first and do not have another blackberry that i upgraded from thanks
    09-19-10 05:52 PM
    Worked perfect!!!! I went back to the .810. Got it up and running. I didn't even restore my backup. Just got the browser working. Then reloaded the .222 without a wipe and boom worked great. Thank you .

09-19-10 06:48 PM
    im still having an issue with the browser over the radio. downgraded back to .732. browser worked fine. i didnt wipe the phone. i installed .222 directly over it and now the browser still says insufficient network coverage. what am i doing wrong?
    09-19-10 07:58 PM
    Lboog, having same issue as u. downgraded to 732, than inst 6.0 over. still have browser issue. what gives, anyone help. thx.
    09-19-10 10:36 PM
    Just downgrade to 5.0 send service books, back them up as per instructions, install 6.o and restore old service books. Done...
    09-19-10 10:40 PM

At the bottom of this thread click on "return to default view" assuming you are here on your BB. Does it work? Some sites have a switch view feature while others do not. This means that if they detect you are using a mobile, you will only get the mobile version.

09-19-10 11:34 PM
    Sorry, but how do you back up service books w/ DM 6?
    09-20-10 05:22 AM
    Sorry, but how do you back up service books w/ DM 6?
    Same question; I can't find a way in DM6 to get as granular in DM5, so can someone tell me if I've done enough? I did a custom backup selecting the "service book" data type (which had 62 entries). I could not find a way to pick specific SBs out of this file so backed up the entire thing.

Also, I backed up the SBs off a fully working OS6 Bold 9650. I had already d/g to 732 yesterday to get everything working and reinstalled OS6 so I assume these SBs are good enough, or do I need to back them up from OS5?
    Last edited by jenzjen; 09-20-10 at 07:23 AM.
    09-20-10 07:03 AM
    I did NOT wipe the phone before I installed the os and I can not get the browser to work over the network! I have wiped and installed os's many a times. I followed the veteran users instructions not to wipe. I installed over the Alltel v.810. Wifi works fine but the mobile network throws up the error message. I downloaded Bolt for now, which is a nice browser by the way. What a pita though...

09-20-10 07:34 AM
    I did NOT wipe the phone before I installed the os and I can not get the browser to work over the network! I have wiped and installed os's many a times. I followed the veteran users instructions not to wipe. I installed over the Alltel v.810. Wifi works fine but the mobile network throws up the error message. I downloaded Bolt for now, which is a nice browser by the way. What a pita though...

I had the same issue, not sure why, but it worked after I tried again. Go back to 732, do a few battery pulls and login to your BIS account and send the SBs making sure the internet works and then reload OS6.
    09-20-10 09:11 AM
    I was not talking about the instruction. What was incorrect in my opinion, when you said: "If you wipe the device before installing OS6 you'll probably have issues because sprint nor Verizon are pushing the servicebooks for the browser on OS6.".
    Don't take it personally man, I really appreciate that you were trying to help many people who have the browser problem.
    I'm not offended in the least. I'll just say that if you happen to roam on an unsupported network you will lose your browserconfig SB and wont get it back when you come back to your network and you'll wish you'd made the backup.
    09-20-10 11:02 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD