just finished on phone to orange and they tell me the torch is coming before the end of the month!
    09-18-10 09:03 AM
    just had a look online at the prices

im with vodafone so will be staying with them

from what i see orange prices are worse than vodas...especially on the 18th month deals
    the only plus side is that you get 300mb more of data
    although i believe orange charge 1p per delivery report which is ridiculous
    09-18-10 09:25 AM
    Question from those in the know:
    1) Would RIM launch a new device outside of NA before launching it fully through NA? (Canada is now being delayed at least until October 1, 2010).
    2) Could RIM be launching the Torch in the UK and Canada on the same day or has history shown us a previous release template of USA > Canada > Europe > etc?
    I appreciate the clarification! Here's hoping UK and Canada get the Torch sooner than later!
    09-18-10 09:26 AM
    Did any eu telco already announced the 9800?
    09-18-10 09:27 AM
    according to vodafone my torch will be delivered on the 27th - 29th September

i have seen that Canadian companies have been delaying which has worried me slightly but as of yet we havent heard of any delays in the UK

i read on one site that stock has been confirmed and is ready to go

also the OP said hed been on the phone to them and had the operator had said it will be with us before the end of the month so im tending to believe thats true (fingers crossed....really really want it now!)
    Last edited by els822; 09-18-10 at 10:26 AM.
    09-18-10 10:21 AM
    hi guys......what ive found so far.....

Paul.

http://business.orange.co.uk/home/so...rry-Torch-9800
    09-20-10 01:21 PM
    Its out in the UK on Orange already ?! :-O

I want this phone so bad!!

Is it out on T-mobile yet or do you know if it is anytime soon ???

Omg i might leave T-mobile to get it on Orange i swear..................
    09-21-10 11:08 PM
    I can't seem to find any info for it with O2. Either way I suppose it doesn't matter, I upgraded to the Storm 2 a couple of months ago... sadly, as at the time I kept thinking if only Blackberry had a slide out QWERTY keyboard as well as the big touch screen. I felt like screaming when I heard about the torch, I'd happily have waited.

Only option is to just buy it... but it seems like such a waste doesn't it, if you can get it with your contract.

I'm so conflicted :/
    09-24-10 03:12 AM
    Its out in the UK on Orange already ?
    No, note the info to the right of the page: 'This device is coming soon to Orange'.

Just like Vodafone, 'coming soon', definite dates are hard to come by, and even harder to pin anyone down on.
    09-24-10 03:38 AM
    I'm thinking that it will probably come to Orange in October sometime. The Vodafone website had a 'coming soon' page for a few weeks before they set a due date.
    09-24-10 04:07 AM
    Just spoke to Orange UK and they told me that the Torch 'will be launched tomorrow, 1st October' but not sure when that means they will be ready to ship. Also said there would be a 'premium' for this handset....
    09-30-10 08:33 AM
    Just went into my local Orange shop and they had one in stock. Only arrived today but the phone was pre ordered so I have to wait for another delivery.
    10-05-10 08:15 AM
    The disconnection department at Orange told me yesterday (Monday) that the Torch was being released at the end of the week and that there would be a handset charge on top of tariffs but would be free for premium users (determined on how much money you have paid them over the years)
    10-05-10 08:31 AM
    I phoned up Orange upgrades and they also had it in stock. Seems like the disconnection department isn't telling you everything.
    They wanted �50 from me to upgrade and stay on the same tariff which is a 12months tariff at �34/pm.
    Need to see if I can get it cheaper but I have feeling they will not give it away bellow �50.
    10-05-10 08:52 AM
    Hey Horatiu, were Orange offering to upgrade your handset for �50 before your upgrade date or are you due an update? They're telling me I'll have to wait till next May (which I'm not going to do and am considering buying out the contract (or getting another network to buy out my contract which would be much sweeter!))
    10-05-10 09:06 AM
    Hi

How many people have been onto Orange and got offered the phone? I phoned on Friday and went in the local store yesterday and they said that it would be a minimum of 2 weeks before it is released!

Due an upgrade and quite like the look of the torch.

Cheers

Aidy
    10-05-10 09:13 AM
    I have been due an upgrade since May this year. Didn't want to upgrade because there was nothing on the market that I liked until the Torch.
    It would cost me �50 to get the phone now plus �34/per month over a 12months contract.

Orange Upgrades offered me the phone earlier today and my local Orange shop had one in stock, but this was reserved.
    10-05-10 09:18 AM
    ive been hassling orange since friday regarding the phone...to customer services and my local store...i wanted to get in on the business line...they the store and business customer services didnt know when it was coming in...but it was VERY soon...they all kept saying hopefully by the end of the week...
    sooo...the store credit checked me on the sunday...so as soon as the phone came in they would just call me up to come in...sign the doc's and phone is mine...
    but then i got a call from the lady i was dealing with at business customer services yesterday morning informing me that the torch had arrived in stock...and i finish giving her all the details the store didnt collect...and now my phone is arriving tomorrow in the post...woop...!!
    10-05-10 09:33 AM
    Just on fone to upgrades now and the Torch came on their system 30 mins ago apparently... Approximately, 3pm...
    10-05-10 10:03 AM
    Just off the phone,getting delivered tomorrow, whoopee!
    10-05-10 10:18 AM
    Ordered mine earlier through orange today as well, had to pay �40 for the phone which is fine with me, good thing is i could stay on my original price plan at �27 pm.
    10-05-10 03:08 PM
    does anyone know of anywhere in the uk that does the sells the official case for it...???...been lookin'...but theres soooo many US links and opinions i dont know where to turn...im gettin' really confused now...
    10-05-10 04:30 PM
    does anyone know of anywhere in the uk that does the sells the official case for it...???...been lookin'...but theres soooo many US links and opinions i dont know where to turn...im gettin' really confused now...
    Clove have a case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 05:39 PM
    Ordered mine earlier through orange today as well, had to pay �40 for the phone which is fine with me, good thing is i could stay on my original price plan at �27 pm.
    Was it a 18months plan or 12months?
    10-06-10 10:26 AM
    They wanted �50 from me to upgrade and stay on the same tariff which is a 12months tariff at �34/pm.
    I'm hoping to upgrade to the torch asap, and would love to blag a 12 month contract out of Orange but didn't think they offered them any more. Which dept offered this?
    10-06-10 06:42 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD