Hi All,

Many days ago, I released BatteryEx 1.6 that version only support zip format skin files and do not support old directory based skins. I want to make skin sharing and install more easy in newer version . But after BatteryEx 1.6 released, I received many emails, bother that after upgrade to version 1.6, they lost all the skins, and the skin manul is not so clearly that many user feel difficult in making their skin.

So today I released new version, BatteryEx 1.8, in this version, BatteryEx also support both directory based and zip format skin. I hope you like this.

About the skin:
    1. directory based. you need put all png files into a directory, e.g. you have a skin named "my skin", you need to put all the png file in a directory named "my skin", the directory stucture is:
    /SDCard/Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/My Skin
    |-chargingxxx.png
    |-dischargingxxx.png

2. zip format skin. you need to compress all the png files in one zip archive, the zip file's name is skin's name, e.g. you have a skin named "my skin", you need to compress all the png file into one zip file named "my skin.zip", the file stucture is:
    my skin.zip
    |-chargingxxx.png
    |-dischargingxxx.png

and you need to put zip file in "skin"directory:
    /SDCard/Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/my skin.zip

About the "MemoryEx" icon:
    In version 1.6, I added a new icon that can display ram status, the difference between free version and paid version is:
    1. free version do not show "free memory" on the "memoryex" icon, you need to heighlight the "memoryex" icon to view total memory/free memory.
    2. free version do not support "memory clean" feature, click the "memeoryex" icon will show BatteryEx's main screen.

OTA for 1.8

for OS4.6 m . m4dev . com/dl/BatteryEx46.jad
    for OS5.0 m . m4dev . com/dl/BatteryEx50.jad
    09-18-10 02:44 AM
    I (and others) had issues where v1.6 would recognize a skin, display it, and then after some time in use it would disappear and revert to the stock appearance. Has this bug been repaired in v1.8?
    09-18-10 07:38 AM
    I (and others) had issues where v1.6 would recognize a skin, display it, and then after some time in use it would disappear and revert to the stock appearance. Has this bug been repaired in v1.8?
    I'm not sure of it. I found that on some version of device software (including 9700 5.0.862) have a bug that if you connect your phone to your pc by using "mass storage" mode, after you disconnected from pc, all other 3rd apps can not access pc any longer.

this version also fixed some bugs in zip resource management, I have test it for 3 days, not find error.
    09-18-10 07:42 AM
    thanks for replying fast on the feedback emails i sent u also great work on this app an build so far all is good
    09-18-10 07:55 AM
    I don't think it's been fixed. I'm experiencing it with this version.
    09-18-10 08:38 AM
    Yes, thanks m4dev for all of your help. For some reason, even after messing around with mass storage mode, I can't seem to make any other skins appear. But, by putting the skin on my device memory rather than the SD card, that seems for the moment to have solved the problem about the "disappearing" skins. They were still on my SD card, but were not showing up as available in the app. They seem to stay on the device memory. Hope that is helpful. I too love this app!!
    09-18-10 08:43 AM
    Version 1.8 is STABLE on my BB8900 running ver 5.0.0.822
    here are some screen shots:

09-18-10 09:05 AM
    So far, so good on the v1.8 update. My skins remain visible so far. As the dev promises, they work from the foldered mode as well as from the .zip file mode. I haven't lost display of my favorite skin so far, but will report back if it disappears. I am running a 9630 Tour on Verizon 5.0.0.732 official.

In version 1.6, I added a new icon that can display ram status,
    Is "MemoryEx" a separate app? I see no options in my v1.8 BatteryEx to display memory status? Thanks for any clarification, this would be a great addition to the app!
    09-18-10 09:42 AM

Can anyone please explain how can above be applied successfully?
    Creating a file with dot and having to create 3 more smaller files with same name is impossible! one file will replace the other, replace the other and so forth...
    09-18-10 10:36 AM

Can anyone please explain how can above be applied successfully?
    Creating a file with dot and having to create 3 more smaller files with same name is impossible! one file will replace the other, replace the other and so forth...
    Never mind.....just figured it out.........
    Version 1.5 skins will work with this new 1.8 version.....
    I am disabling Standby and eScreen.....there are 4 additional files required to create a skin set and with what i have now is sufficient......Enjoy what has been posted and grab as many as you like before it is too late.......
    09-18-10 10:55 AM

Another screen shot with enabling standby when charging....

There are now 29 files for each skin set.......just completed one set and can't seem to load correctly.......
    09-18-10 11:07 AM
    Oops, just figured out the MemoryEx thing, found the icon in my downloads folder. Awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 11:10 AM
    Hi All,

Many days ago, I released BatteryEx 1.6 that version only support zip format skin files and do not support old directory based skins. I want to make skin sharing and install more easy in newer version . But after BatteryEx 1.6 released, I received many emails, bother that after upgrade to version 1.6, they lost all the skins, and the skin manul is not so clearly that many user feel difficult in making their skin.

So today I released new version, BatteryEx 1.8, in this version, BatteryEx also support both directory based and zip format skin. I hope you like this.

About the skin:
    1. directory based. you need put all png files into a directory, e.g. you have a skin named "my skin", you need to put all the png file in a directory named "my skin", the directory stucture is:
    /SDCard/Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/My Skin
    |-chargingxxx.png
    |-dischargingxxx.png

2. zip format skin. you need to compress all the png files in one zip archive, the zip file's name is skin's name, e.g. you have a skin named "my skin", you need to compress all the png file into one zip file named "my skin.zip", the file stucture is:
    my skin.zip
    |-chargingxxx.png
    |-dischargingxxx.png

and you need to put zip file in "skin"directory:
    /SDCard/Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/my skin.zip

In version 1.6, I added a new icon that can display ram status, the difference between free version and paid version is:
    1. free version do not show "free memory" on the "memoryex" icon, you need to heighlight the "memoryex" icon to view total memory/free memory.
    2. free version do not support "memory clean" feature, click the "memeoryex" icon will show BatteryEx's main screen.

OTA for 1.8

for OS4.6 m . m4dev . com/dl/BatteryEx46.jad
    for OS5.0 m . m4dev . com/dl/BatteryEx50.jad
    What version do I get if I download from Mobihand?
    09-18-10 12:12 PM
    I have created a skin for BatteryEx v1.8. Your instructions show that I should create .png files of 64x64px for the app menu icon. I have done this for both the charging and discharging states. I have confirmed that the .png files are both 64x64. However, when I plug in my BB to charge, the charging icon is rescaled to a smaller size for some reason. Any idea how to adjust or correct this issue?

Discharging screenshot:

Charging screenshot:

A crop showing the two side-by-side:
    09-18-10 05:43 PM
    I just did a test - If I scale my main app icons (ie: "charging_xxx.png" and "discharging_xxx.png") to 58x58px, they do not re-scale when switching between charging and discharging operation. Apparently 64x64px is a little bit too large, depending on the graphic?
    09-18-10 06:02 PM
    Looks like 1.8 has some nice upgrades. So far I have been having good luck with 1.8.

09-18-10 08:53 PM
    just upgraded to free version 1.8 from 1.5
    im liking the UI on this version
    seems to work out good so far
    09-18-10 09:06 PM
    I can't use .zip files. The preview works fine but the skin doesn't appear when selected. Default icon is used.
    09-18-10 09:45 PM
    I can't use .zip files. The preview works fine but the skin doesn't appear when selected. Default icon is used.
    I'm having the same problem! I've loaded two skins in zip format to both the internal memory and sd card. Both show up in the app, but when applied, the icon remains stock. I checked permissions and I've done a battery pull... Nada! Anyone else experiencing this?

-Mike

09-20-10 01:27 PM
    Can someone repost the .jad file so I can download it directly from my BlackBerry? Thank you in advance

09-20-10 01:51 PM
    Can someone repost the .jad file so I can download it directly from my BlackBerry? Thank you in advance

Type in the url from the first post.
    09-20-10 01:54 PM
    Help, how do I get the new version?

09-20-10 02:17 PM
    I'm having the same problem! I've loaded two skins in zip format to both the internal memory and sd card. Both show up in the app, but when applied, the icon remains stock. I checked permissions and I've done a battery pull... Nada! Anyone else experiencing this?

-Mike

This!

lame sauce
    09-24-10 11:39 AM

-Mike

Can you mail me you skin ([email protected]) so I can test it for you?
    09-27-10 08:36 AM
    Skins need to be un-zipped and placed in the skins folder.
    09-27-10 09:12 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD