09-17-10 01:36 PM
    FINALLY!!

Best news I've read in 5 months. The Pearl 3G's announcement last April being the previous best news.

Now, we just need a bit more confirmation. Before I start doing the Snoopy Suppertime Dance.
    09-17-10 06:00 PM
    FINALLY!!

Best news I've read in 5 months. The Pearl 3G's announcement last April being the previous best news.

Now, we just need a bit more confirmation. Before I start doing the Snoopy Suppertime Dance.
    lol true dat, i sure hope tmobile gets the pearl too, that would make me so
    Last edited by bigdog272; 09-17-10 at 09:29 PM.
    09-17-10 07:31 PM
    FINALLY!!

I agree. I have almost given up on this phone. In fact, I was starting to do some research on the HTC aria, however, once I read this article, I began to have some hope.

The phone I am using now is a piece of crap and I am eligible for an upgrade.
    I must admit, if this phone is not out by next month, I can't wait any longer.
    09-17-10 11:53 PM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!

PLAH-LEEEEEEEEEZ hit the states (and tmo )
    09-18-10 10:57 AM
    The HTC Aria is actually quite a nice phone. I tried one for a few days.....but if you're an Android person, you'll find it quite crippled (Thanks, GayT&T) so there's that.
    09-18-10 12:22 PM
    It is interesting that it took so long to be rolled out here in the States on a large carrier. Can't help but wonder if there was a supply-side problem on this one that we can't get any information on...
    09-18-10 09:51 PM
    I almost gave up on this phone as well and was going to jump ship to the iphone 4 but this gives me hope!! I'm super excited about this being released.

I hope I'm not in for a big let down. Let's go AT&T!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 05:03 AM
    Lame...I was hoping it'd come to T-Mobile. Lucky people with AT&T.
    09-19-10 07:13 AM
    Well, according to one of the other threads here, T-Mo decided to pass on the new Pearl way back when it was announced. And there was some talk even back then at WES.

Although, no one is convinced that it's true, it's still a possibility.

09-19-10 05:34 PM
    Hopefully it hits with BB6

09-20-10 01:06 AM
    That would be nice since they are supposed to be showing off OS 6 on the Pearl at DevCon coming up.

But even if it didn't, there is sure to be a leak soon after the phone's release.

09-20-10 12:06 PM
    Just because it has finally been announced for AT&T does not mean it won't be brought to T-Mobile later. After all, it has been on the market for a few months now and finally we have a major GSM carrier picking it up; the whole roll-out of this phone has been weird thus far really.

In other words, stay tuned, it could still happen.
    09-20-10 01:25 PM
    That would be nice since they are supposed to be showing off OS 6 on the Pearl at DevCon coming up.
    Hopefully if demonstrated with OS6 at DevCon, then we'll get to hear how it performs with 256MB since there seems to be some question about how well OS 6 will run on <512.
    09-20-10 04:42 PM
    I don't want to get too excited, I just called one of our local stores and they haven't heard anything about this - even though it's less than a week away. Has anyone else gotten any more confirmation? I can't bring myself to buy a $500 unlocked phone if AT&T is FINALLY getting on board!
    09-28-10 02:23 PM
    Oct 3rd? I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-29-10 11:34 AM
    Just confirm by Boy Genius Report. I'm definitely getting one.
    AT&T to offer BlackBerry Curve 3G, Pearl 3G before holidays � Boy Genius Report
    09-29-10 12:47 PM
    I do hope its true I need something small and powerful like a Pearl running os6. Wouls be awesome.
    09-29-10 01:00 PM
    Looks like the Pearl 3G's new due date is now October 17.

I do hope some discounts come into play to get it below $149 on-contract.

09-29-10 01:29 PM
    you should be happy to get it @ any price. $ 325 early term fee, why on earth would anyone buy a contract device from this carrier is beyond me - for ~$ 150 more you own it, they don't own you and the monthly fee should about cover the device diff over 2 years. oh, just forgot this is not tmo, lol

AT&T Expands Smartphone Lineup with New 3G BlackBerry Smartphones
    09-29-10 02:29 PM
    Honestly, the ETF doesn't bother me. I've kept this 8100 for 4 years - 2 years past my original contract time on this phone. I see no reason why it would be any different for the 9100.

And, I know some people like to change their phones like they change their underwear.

That's not me.

Besides, my wife and I have been with AT&T, and Cingular before that, for over 10 years. Except for a spotty service period about 5 years ago, around the transition time from Cingular to AT&T, we haven't had any real problems with their service.

Last edited by joeldf; 09-29-10 at 03:43 PM.
    09-29-10 03:33 PM
    meaning what, you don't change your underwear? thanks for the heads up, lol its different because there were no android or windows phones popping up every week when you had your 8100 but to each there own
    09-29-10 03:38 PM
    meaning what, you don't change your underwear? thanks for the heads up, lol
    Yeah, watch out.

Personally, I'm not the least bit enamored with the Android or Windows phones - there's just nothing there for me. My wife has an iPhone so I can play with her toy on occasion, but I still just prefer my phone even with the slow EDGE.

09-29-10 04:00 PM
    lol, bet in a few weeks you will be tossing that thing in the trash, the diff in processor speed + 3G is nothing short of amazing imo. have to agree so far re the android stuff but the G2 looks interesting, but we know how that goes. its the outlook sync that keeps me in berry land, I just don't see anything on the horizon that can deal with a 100% instant bi-sync and still have great battery life. zero interest in anything that does not become a drive letter when I connect it so the iphone is out.
    Last edited by kurtla; 09-29-10 at 04:22 PM.
    09-29-10 04:19 PM
    You know, I just noticed on the AT&T press release on their site this little line:

"The BlackBerry Pearl, available in a red gradient, is ideal for customers who prefer a compact device, but still want a smartphone that delivers a full BlackBerry experience."

My emphasis in that line. Does this mean that the gradient red is the only color that will be available, at least at first?

I don't mind it so much, but I prefer the standard black. We'll just have to see.
    09-29-10 11:44 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD