Just posted on Mobile Syrup, taken from the Bell website:

Bell Torch Delayed Until October 1st

Now, given the nature of wireless in Canada, how long do you think it will be until the rest of them play nice and move their launch dates back to accommodate Bell, and keep their "no compete" clause alive?

I'm thinking come tomorrow, Telus and Rogers will both say October 1st.
    09-16-10 08:22 PM
    Doesn't matter to me...my unlocked torch works just fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 08:36 PM
    Wow.. That's ridiculous.. I knew something was up with Telus not posting a date on their site. Bell and Telus 9800 run on the exact same network, I wont be surprised when Telus announces a delay as well. Bull..
    09-16-10 08:46 PM
    This sucks, was looking forward to it!
    09-16-10 08:52 PM
    I'm trying to wrap my head around the delay. Like Daniel said above, unlocked 9800's work just fine. So how is it a network/phone issue.

The only two things I can guess is supply issues (but really, with all the time delay between Canada and US launches, that shouldn't be an issue).

Or a branding/carrier lockdown issue? The carriers are trying to lock down or modify the firmware and it's not working quite right yet. In which case, it's another reason to just start importing from the US.
    09-16-10 08:57 PM
    i didnt know telus and bell announced the 24th officially even, i just paid attention to rogers date, it better not change, i'll be extremely disappointed!
    09-16-10 09:00 PM
    In all fairness, users cannot say it works just fine. The user experience may be good from their perspective but remember the spec has built in protection to keep subs making calls. That does not mean the network is happy behind the scenes.

09-16-10 09:03 PM
    wondering if this has to do with the big announcements at dev com???
    09-16-10 09:05 PM
    Even worst for Telus folks. Oct 24th according to this site (unless it is a typo)

TELUS BlackBerry Torch Now Available for Pre-Order | Blackberry Smartphone , How to Tips, Tutorials and Updates
    09-16-10 09:15 PM
    I'm going to say the oct 24 date is a typo..whats funny is that I reported the week of oct 4 from my contact a while ago. When I told her sept 24th she was very surprised. I'm thinking Telus and Bell were never prepared for a sept 24 launch and were just trying to keep up with Rogers.

09-16-10 09:25 PM
    Doesn't matter to me...my unlocked torch works just fine

Don't want to start anything here but this above comment is neither constructive or supportive to the rest of us. You've posted this several times now. are you trying to rub it in for the rest of us?

09-16-10 09:42 PM
    It would seem strange for Bell to push back a launch date but Telus to put up a pre order page. I'm guessing the issue is will Bell personally and they aren't happy with something. Obviously time will tell.

09-16-10 11:14 PM
    well its 1 week away till ROGERS releases theirs, hopefully there's no delay on that one or I'll be furious been waiting for it for month now.
    09-16-10 11:24 PM
    as a former manager for a multi line carrier- delays are normal- the torch comes outr when it comes out
    09-16-10 11:55 PM
    well that's extremely bad news. I know a lot of people that are looking forward to getting this phone.
    09-17-10 12:37 AM
    That sucks, not that I was going to get it right away, but I'd be a little upset too. I'm curious to know what the delay is caused from and if Rogers is going to push back too.

09-17-10 12:52 AM
    I've heard that its not something to do with the networks and all that. Its something to do with the OS. So if one delays all might delay.
    09-17-10 01:13 AM
    From what I know so far that telus is still good to go. I could ask my insider and see. And ill follow up with best buy, to those who made a deposit. If any of the other catriers will be pushed back.

Last edited by Gelzz; 09-17-10 at 07:00 AM.
    09-17-10 05:03 AM
    my unlocked one work perfectly too
    09-17-10 08:01 AM
    it doesn't surprise me....canadian carriers have always been a little more...constructive
    09-17-10 09:15 AM
    Mobilesyrup is reporting that all carriers will be delaying release.
    09-17-10 09:27 AM
    Yeah, Mobilesyrup is reporting likely all.

However, Virgin mobile is the first out the gate today to also say delayed until October 1st. So now there are two. Bell and Virgin.
    09-17-10 10:10 AM
    is there a link for the virgin mobile ?
    09-17-10 10:18 AM
    From their twitter page:

Virgin Delay October 1st
    09-17-10 10:21 AM
    ah ok ok thanks pumaman
    09-17-10 10:23 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD