My 8900's screen all of the sudden went white after a battery pull the other day. I've tried wiping it and installing os with app loader many times but still the white screen comes up. I read about a fix on other bb's where the screen shorted out due to faulty solders on the charger plug in that was fixed by placing a piece of electrical tape over the 4 solders but this doesn't seem to have those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    09-16-10 01:08 PM
    I have the same problem. My phone is dead and AT&T told me I have to get a new phone because my warranty expired just last week. Maybe there's still hope for your phone. Good luck.
    09-17-10 06:15 PM
    That sucks... My warranty was just up at the end of August. I think it must be a hardware problem. Oh well, I'll just wait til the torch comes out in Canada on the 24th and get that I guess, until then I'm stuck with a ****ty old samsung.
    09-17-10 08:18 PM
    Mine has been going white for weeks now the only thing that gets it to come back on is to plug it into the charger either the usb or wall one
    09-17-10 08:39 PM
    I had this same thing happen to my first 8900 a couple of weeks after I bought it. Yes, it is a hardware issue. If your warranty expired, get a T6 screwdriver and try to fix it (solders could be bad, or connector is loose. IDK). If you're still under warranty, just get a replacement from your carrier/insurance company.
    09-17-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD