Hey guys,

Didn't want to post this in the problems thread because it's not really a problem, per sae.

I've had my BB Storm 2 (9550 on 1XEV network - MTS in Manitoba, Canada) for a bit over a month, now. It's great but I'm noticing laggy scrolling in two instances and I'm wondering if it's got something to do with my software or if it's just the limitations of the device's hardware.

Other info:
    New OS .517
    Opera Ver 5.1.21216
    Did a batt pull and have lots of free space.
    Apps: few web shortcuts, 1 stupid free game, one butterfly theme (I use the default one, however), google maps and sync, opera 4 and 5, player for youtube, poynt, reuters, score mobile, urbanspoon, weather bug, whippoh

I know to keep all the apps I'm not using closed.

So my issue is when scrolling up thru text conversations it goes moves upward for a bit but then will quickly move downwards and stop even tho I am only swiping in an upwards motion. This is really annoying because it's hard to keep track of how far up I am going.

I have my messages set to be kept for 30 days... If you suggest putting it to 15 I could deal with that. Does texting a lot (i.e. lots of ppl and volume) really impact scrolling speed so drastically?

I don't think text message scrolling should lag like that, should it? My second comlaint is more understandable....

Because Opera Mini (5, newest ver) isn't designed by RIM. My issue here is scrolling is simply laggy. I don't get the reversal of direction issue I do in my SMS messages, but it's just not very responsive and tends to jump frequently.

I know these aren't serious issues but I am just wondering if this is typical. Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks guys,
    -Tyler
    09-15-10 08:01 PM
    It used to happen to my old Storm 2. I could never figure out why.
    But since I got my replacement Storm 2, it hasn't been happening anymore.

If anyone knows why, I'd really be interesting in just knowing.
    09-15-10 08:38 PM
    Does your new Storm 2 run Opera Mini really fast? My provider replaces my phone for no fee for my whole contract period.

Why'd you get yours replaced?
    09-15-10 09:46 PM
    *sigh* It's been a huge issue in all 5.x builds for the 95xx series. There's nothing you can do except keep your conversation length down and delete messages. Or you can press BB key (in messages) > View Folder > SMS Inbox (or Outbox)

It's something I don't think we'll ever see get fixed in 5.x
    09-15-10 10:31 PM
    Hey guys,

Didn't want to post this in the problems thread because it's not really a problem, per sae.

I've had my BB Storm 2 (9550 on 1XEV network - MTS in Manitoba, Canada) for a bit over a month, now. It's great but I'm noticing laggy scrolling in two instances and I'm wondering if it's got something to do with my software or if it's just the limitations of the device's hardware.

Other info:
    New OS .517
    Opera Ver 5.1.21216
    Did a batt pull and have lots of free space.
    Apps: few web shortcuts, 1 stupid free game, one butterfly theme (I use the default one, however), google maps and sync, opera 4 and 5, player for youtube, poynt, reuters, score mobile, urbanspoon, weather bug, whippoh

I know to keep all the apps I'm not using closed.

So my issue is when scrolling up thru text conversations it goes moves upward for a bit but then will quickly move downwards and stop even tho I am only swiping in an upwards motion. This is really annoying because it's hard to keep track of how far up I am going.

I have my messages set to be kept for 30 days... If you suggest putting it to 15 I could deal with that. Does texting a lot (i.e. lots of ppl and volume) really impact scrolling speed so drastically?

I don't think text message scrolling should lag like that, should it? My second comlaint is more understandable....

Because Opera Mini (5, newest ver) isn't designed by RIM. My issue here is scrolling is simply laggy. I don't get the reversal of direction issue I do in my SMS messages, but it's just not very responsive and tends to jump frequently.

I know these aren't serious issues but I am just wondering if this is typical. Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks guys,
    -Tyler
    The SMS issue you describe doesn't happen on my S2, and OM5 is very quick and smooth with scrolling. If Bolt browser scrolled like OM5 I'd use Bolt only.
    09-15-10 11:20 PM
    This issue tends to happen to mine from varying times especially if you text a contact frequently. Every once in a while it will even display a blank text in the sms screen but can be read from the messages menu. It really buggy and i hate it but i just have to delete my messages for that person, and then tell them to resend thier text back to me *Sigh
    09-17-10 01:24 AM
    This issue tends to happen to mine from varying times especially if you text a contact frequently. Every once in a while it will even display a blank text in the sms screen but can be read from the messages menu. It really buggy and i hate it but i just have to delete my messages for that person, and then tell them to resend thier text back to me *Sigh
    Now that SMS issue I do have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD