Thought I'd just give my 2 cents about the shield i just got put on my phone. I went to one of those mall kiosks and had them do it. The reason i chose this route opposed to my normal BSE route is after talking to the girl for a bit she told me bout the warranty. First off if anything happens within the first 2 weeks they replace it no charge very good, but y only 2 weeks? She then went to let me know within the first 2 weeks is when something usually happens due to incorrect installation. After the first 2 weeks for the duration of your device the shield is guaranteed 100%, if anything is to happen (peeling, discoloration, tear, etc) they will replace the shield but charge a $5 per side fee. So basically if anything on the front needs to be replaced they will remove it all and reinstall for $5 bux...personally i don't think thats too bad considering drunken nites which always cause some kind of damage to my phone skins.
    Now with the warranty and coverage costs out of the way i'll go on and let you know about the actual product. I got the full body shield, after about 8 hours of having it i would recommend against a full body the reason being the shield goes over the battery cover and feels kind of funny when on the cover (only advantage is it won't slide around if you set it down so you can put it on ur cars dash or wherever and it'll stay). It also covers the screen, the bottom portion where it says at&t (or where some people have removed the at&t logo from), camera and flash portion, and also at the top (directly above the earpiece). I was dissapointed it didn't cover the entire silver bezel. For example the sides are bare as well as the mute and lock buttons at the very top are bare.
    As for the screen coverage it is pretty nice. Easy to wipe any debris from and the best thing is there is not a noticable dimming of the lcd so it looks as good as it did without the screen protector.
    Overal if you don't want to deal with installing the protector and don't want to worry about having to replace it again, as they will do it for you, i think its not a horrible deal but go with the screen protector only the rest seems to be a waste at the moment.

Before any bashing begins this is all just my opinion and wanted to give a little insight to everyone who is considering following the same path, if anyone wants any other info i might be able to help them with let me know. I can even post pics if wanted tho they said let the back of phone settle for a couple days due to the grooves in the casing.
    09-15-10 06:28 PM
    I'm not a fan of the full body protection and only do the screen portion. If you could post some pics, that would be great.
    09-15-10 06:33 PM
    erandhawa, thankx for the info. I'll probably put the screen on (HAVE it put on). Sounds good to me..... pics would be appreciated.
    09-15-10 06:37 PM
    $5 per side fee! Hahaha. That's not a warranty, it's another sale. Bse is $8 for a full skin or $5 for 2 face skins. Zagg is a rip and their quality is questionable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-15-10 at 06:50 PM.
    09-15-10 06:48 PM
    $5 per side fee! Hahaha. That's not a warranty, it's another sale. Bse is $8 for a full skin or $5 for 2 face skins. Zagg is a rip and their quality is questionable.

yea can't be bothered to install it myself prefer them doing it...laziness factor kicks in
    09-15-10 07:04 PM
    I put mine on by myself. I thought it was kinda fun, haha. Took me bout an hour.

Its not bad, really. I messed up on a few places, so dust got stuck in there and makes it stick up. I'm sure if I did it again, I could do it better.

09-15-10 07:10 PM
    I personally dislike anything on my device. I had the shield on my curve and weeks later discoloration and lint/dust particles accumulated on the sides giving it an awful appearance --ewww; but to each his own its all about personal choice.

09-15-10 08:44 PM
    I already put the Zagg screen protector on my 9800 but I'm going to rip it off. The girl that works the kiosks at my local mall is kinda cute - been waiting for an excuse to go talk with her...

09-15-10 08:57 PM
    I personally dislike anything on my device. I had the shield on my curve and weeks later discoloration and lint/dust particles accumulated on the sides giving it an awful appearance --ewww; but to each his own its all about personal choice.

thats where the warranty pays up just take it to them and tell em it needs to be fixed they'll replace it
    09-15-10 09:01 PM
    If you register on their site, zagg.com, you can get free replacements FOREVER....
    09-15-10 09:39 PM
    I had the Ghost Armor screen protector installed on my Torch at a mall kiosk. I opted to have them do it because I have been doing them myself for years and I have ruined many skins because of my OCD. I had the BSE full body shield on my Bold 9700 and hated it on the entire device, Blackberry has too many curves and it doesn't feel good in your hand IMO.

I had the full body Ghost Armor installed on my EVO, I opted for the Matte back and sides and clear screen and it looks pretty sick.
    09-16-10 09:28 AM
    I appreciate all of the valuable feedback on this forum. I want to remind you all that you can request replacement invisibleSHIELD on ZAGG.com at anytime. We will send you a new invisibleSHIELD for only the cost of shipping. You can do this at the following link:

ZAGG | Product Replacement Process

The Lifetime Replacement is available to anybody that has purchase an invisibleSHIELD from anywhere. The guarantee is good for the life of you device so you will never need to purchase another invisibleSHIELD as long as you have the same device.

You can also find useful installation tips and videos on our website if you are interested in saving money on installation. You can find them at this link:

ZAGG | Installation Videos

and

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1CK4gBgN

Please feel free to ask me any questions that any of you may have. I do work for ZAGG, but I promise to give my honest opinion and to do all I can to assist you with your needs and make you a happy customer!

[email protected]

-ZAGGhchick
    09-16-10 10:10 AM

Last I checked, ZAGG started the use of the material. They're protectors still come out clearer, dry faster, and have a more uniform texture than ANY other I've installed. FWIW I've probably installed more of these type of protectors than most people.
    09-16-10 10:37 AM
    Last I checked, ZAGG started the use of the material. They're protectors still come out clearer, dry faster, and have a more uniform texture than ANY other I've installed. FWIW I've probably installed more of these type of protectors than most people.
    Personally, I've had the opposite experience. I've installed at least 20 bse's, all perfect. Every zagg I've had has been defective, from the "laser" cut (I think it's a dude with a blunt razor knife), to "zebra striping" in the material itself. Your results may vary.

09-16-10 11:17 AM
    sorry for the delay here are pics couldn't find my digital camera (use my torch all the time) so had to use my laptop's webcam.

you can't even notice the screen protector on the phone pretty good...and i am starting to get use to the back...in a way it protects resale value...if a torch 2 does become available in a year or two will def have to sell this one first and the better condition its in the more $$.
    09-16-10 11:17 AM
    I had a ZAGG screen protector on mine for a few days, the texture of it looks and feels horrible and degrades the use of the touchscreen, especially for sliding. Tore it off, will never use one again.
    09-16-10 11:42 AM
    I had a ZAGG screen protector on mine for a few days, the texture of it looks and feels horrible and degrades the use of the touchscreen, especially for sliding. Tore it off, will never use one again.
    yea for some people the texture is different...i've been using bse protectors for a while and the textures are about the same i think i've just become used to it...also i tend to have change and other stupid stuff in my pocket that puts superficial scratches on the screen but this helps keep those away for sure tho.
    09-16-10 12:03 PM
    Thought I'd just give my 2 cents about the shield i just got put on my phone. I went to one of those mall kiosks and had them do it. The reason i chose this route opposed to my normal BSE route is after talking to the girl for a bit she told me bout the warranty. First off if anything happens within the first 2 weeks they replace it no charge very good, but y only 2 weeks? She then went to let me know within the first 2 weeks is when something usually happens due to incorrect installation. After the first 2 weeks for the duration of your device the shield is guaranteed 100%, if anything is to happen (peeling, discoloration, tear, etc) they will replace the shield but charge a $5 per side fee. So basically if anything on the front needs to be replaced they will remove it all and reinstall for $5 bux...personally i don't think thats too bad considering drunken nites which always cause some kind of damage to my phone skins.
    Now with the warranty and coverage costs out of the way i'll go on and let you know about the actual product. I got the full body shield, after about 8 hours of having it i would recommend against a full body the reason being the shield goes over the battery cover and feels kind of funny when on the cover (only advantage is it won't slide around if you set it down so you can put it on ur cars dash or wherever and it'll stay). It also covers the screen, the bottom portion where it says at&t (or where some people have removed the at&t logo from), camera and flash portion, and also at the top (directly above the earpiece). I was dissapointed it didn't cover the entire silver bezel. For example the sides are bare as well as the mute and lock buttons at the very top are bare.
    As for the screen coverage it is pretty nice. Easy to wipe any debris from and the best thing is there is not a noticable dimming of the lcd so it looks as good as it did without the screen protector.
    Overal if you don't want to deal with installing the protector and don't want to worry about having to replace it again, as they will do it for you, i think its not a horrible deal but go with the screen protector only the rest seems to be a waste at the moment.

Before any bashing begins this is all just my opinion and wanted to give a little insight to everyone who is considering following the same path, if anyone wants any other info i might be able to help them with let me know. I can even post pics if wanted tho they said let the back of phone settle for a couple days due to the grooves in the casing.
    Good to know. Mine came in the mail two days ago. I will install it this weekend.
    09-16-10 12:33 PM
    You must be the only person that thinks its messes with the touch screen itself. I've been using ZAGG for a long time, never had an issue with touch screen sensitivity.
    09-16-10 12:38 PM
    I personally only invest in the screen protector, as most of the cases/skins don't seem to work with the thin layer fitted on the body. Great protection and warranty with their products.

09-16-10 01:42 PM
    I personally only invest in the screen protector, as most of the cases/skins don't seem to work with the thin layer fitted on the body. Great protection and warranty with their products.

I dont' really like the protector on the back but on the bezel its nice so the bezel doesn't get scratched.
    09-16-10 08:06 PM
    Same here! I can't believe I wasted $ on this screen protector. I ripped it off after a day. The sliding is horrible, the texture is....what's the best way to describe it, soft and semi-sticky (which stops your finger from sliding quickly across the screen).

I recommend the anti-glare/anti-fingerrprint screen protector from AT & T. I love it. Nice and smooth, fingers slide nicely over the screen with it. They are so popular, that I had to beg the sales person to save me one. It comes with two sheets, in case you screw up with the first one (air bubbles and whatnot), or, I guess in case you own two Torches. LOL!
    09-17-10 09:32 PM
    i refused to use my phone when i first got it until i had a screen protector put on.

I can tell you that I've now been using the ZAGG shield (had it installed at a kiosk for me) for at least two weeks now. I really like it - At first I felt the same "sticky" feeling that some of you are describing and thought it would be difficult to slide. But I really believe two things,

1) The installer should have told you to lay off the phone for a while. Although probably excessive, I gave mine a full 48 hours before using it after the shield was installed.
    2) Wipe it down - they use that spray to initially put it on - you may have some residual left on it.

I absolutely love this protector, and in fact, it has already paid off. This past weekend I was on the train and fell asleep. I had the phone in the seat next to me and my backpack was sitting there too. Well when I reached my destination and woke up 2 hours later, I found that my backpack had been sitting on top of my phone the whole time and pressing on it. I looked at the screen and the zagg shield was kind of "bunched up" right in the middle, as if somebody had dug their nails into it. I was disappointed, to say the least, but knew I could just get it replaced. Well to my surprise - the zagg shield is elastic and it flattened out again and is back to normal like the day I bought it... all by itself (after like another 30 minutes)! I can only assume that without the shield, my screen would have been scratched at that very spot.
    09-20-10 08:29 PM
    i can now say after a full weekend of drunken festivities this shield def saved my screen from scratches more than once...yea the texture is different but it gives me a sense of security...also the shield on the battery panel is beneficial since it stops the phone from sliding around while i drive also when placed on a table it sticks well.
    09-21-10 04:27 PM
    I have the Zagg on my Bold. So far no problems with it.

09-24-10 11:46 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD