I have an 8350i Nextel Blackberry and when I connect my phone to my Ford Escape w/ Sync an icon comes up that is a phone w/ a red slash thru it next to the profile icon. I have tried everything to get rid of this. I prevents me from talking thru the "Direct Connect" when connected thru the sync. I have to constantly hit the speaker button to hear the phone. Does anyone know how to remove this icon when the phone is connected to the sync? Thank you.
    09-15-10 11:42 AM
    We were unable to get the 8350i to work right with Sync and the direct connect. The phone would work, but that is it. The icon you see means that the speaker is cut off on the phone (audible speaker), but the earpiece works. You will also get this when connected to a bluetooth earpiece. The annoying thing is when you are in a DC call and and mute the speaker via the keypboard speaker icon, the only way to unmute after a call ends is to change profile to quiet or something and then back to normal.
    09-15-10 04:21 PM
    When I connect my 8350i to my vw media I also get the radio with the red slash but my direct connect works fine through the system. Maybe just like mentioned above is a connection issue with ford sync... BTW my friend has a cadillac with the media system and has the same problem as you are having.
    09-18-10 01:57 PM
    That about figures...German engineering has it all worked out but good ol' American Steel can't (or won't) work for us ... ARRRGH !

09-20-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD