I just used the browser to wanting to view my google calendar. I get a google message telling me that the browser I am using is not compatible with google calendar. Now, since the google calendar is a "cloud computing" it is my choice of use. I like the idea that it is an instant update so other may see changes to my calendar. I do not use exchange any more thus this is the replacement. Any ideas?
    09-15-10 05:36 AM
    Hi,

Not sure that you can view google calendar on the phones browser as it doesnt seem to like the scripts running or something.

However you can sync your blackberry calendar with your google calendar using google sync which keeps everything uptodate.

If you want to be able to view your google calendar on your phone you could try a 3rd party app called snaptu. One of the options in this is to add a google calendar account for viewing on the phone.

Hope this helps.

Mrfruit.
    09-15-10 06:39 AM
    I just used the browser to wanting to view my google calendar. I get a google message telling me that the browser I am using is not compatible with google calendar. Now, since the google calendar is a "cloud computing" it is my choice of use. I like the idea that it is an instant update so other may see changes to my calendar. I do not use exchange any more thus this is the replacement. Any ideas?
    you need to install GOOGLE SYNC! it will sync your google calendar to your BB and vice versa. when u need an IMMEDIATE sync, just open the sync app and choose "sync now". works great.
    09-15-10 11:57 AM
    Use Google Sync to sync your google calendar with your phone calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 01:48 PM
    Hi,

Not sure that you can view google calendar on the phones browser as it doesnt seem to like the scripts running or something.

However you can sync your blackberry calendar with your google calendar using google sync which keeps everything uptodate.

If you want to be able to view your google calendar on your phone you could try a 3rd party app called snaptu. One of the options in this is to add a google calendar account for viewing on the phone.

Hope this helps.

Mrfruit.
    Yes this app is awesome when it works but there seems to be a long term problem that no seems to know how to correct! There is an error message that shows up. It tells you that there is a.."another client that is adding events to your calendar...." It is because of this that it wont sync your events anymore! If this problem can be found or better yet solved, then this app is amazing! Please, if you find a solution, post it on a forum and tell me :-)!
    06-15-11 09:29 PM
    I don't suppose GoogleSync is also syncing Tasks and Notes/Memo?

TIA
    06-15-11 11:04 PM
    I use Google Sync and a third party contact manager on my laptop. Yes, Calendar, Tasks, meetings and, To Do's are all synched. It is simple to use and I have yet to have any issues.
    06-16-11 05:28 AM
    Doesn't BIS have an option to sync your Google calendar & contacts? I am pretty sure that is how I do it.
    06-16-11 08:09 AM
    Google Calender is not compatible with phone browsers.. It may work on Android and Windows phone.
    06-16-11 08:14 AM
    Guys, I'm still a bit confused.

I understand that thru BIS you can sync wirelessly your contacts and calendar to Google.

So, I am assuming that GoogleSync is another method of allowing you to sync wirelessly. Is that right?

If so, does it also sync wirelessly Tasks and Memos from your BB device to a compatible feature on Google?

TIA
    06-16-11 10:22 PM
    Guys, I'm still a bit confused.

I understand that thru BIS you can sync wirelessly your contacts and calendar to Google.

So, I am assuming that GoogleSync is another method of allowing you to sync wirelessly. Is that right?

If so, does it also sync wirelessly Tasks and Memos from your BB device to a compatible feature on Google?

TIA
    The app GoogleSync is no longer relevant with the new BIS sync feature, but yes, it works the same way.

And No, it won't do tasks and memos, just calendar and contacts...
    06-16-11 10:42 PM
    BIS sync, is terrible, creates numerous duplicates. Google Sync ftw!
    06-17-11 07:12 AM
    BIS sync, is terrible, creates numerous duplicates. Google Sync ftw!
    I've actually found the opposite to be true. GoogleSync would never work right for me when I wanted to use it, I had triple of some contacts after enabling it. The BIS sync always worked great though.

I'm an Outlook user now, so I have no use for Google or BIS sync...
    06-17-11 01:21 PM
    The app GoogleSync is no longer relevant with the new BIS sync feature, but yes, it works the same way.

And No, it won't do tasks and memos, just calendar and contacts...
    Tks ridesno,

This is what I thought but was just checking in case something new was introduced.

I sync with Outlook. I noticed in a post above that you do as well.

Good Luck
    06-17-11 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD