I'm new with blackberry's and all their functions, but I have a question about the calendar function. Is there anyway to enter calendar entries via my laptop and then be able to sync that up with my blackberry? Mostly I'd like to add my class schedule in and what is due every day.
    I have the 8900 by the way. I have done some searches on this forum and played around with the blackberry desktop manager, but haven't found anything. Thanks for the help.
    09-14-10 05:55 PM
    Set up a calendar in outlook and then you can sync it to your BB and vice versa.

Works quite well, except for the odd idiosyncrasy. For example, I set up a weekly recurring event on my blackberry, which proceeded to create an even every week, and as I didn't specify an end date it went to infinity. When I synced it to my computer, it synced this event and created infinite number of entries in my outlook. Now, somehow it has been synced back to my blackberry even though I deleted it off my phone, and has created endless weekly events that I can't turn off, as they are not recurring, simply lots of single events.

I have deleted the event out of my outlook, but I can't get rid of it off my blackberry. I guess I could delete everything and start fresh, but I have already put in my school schedule.

Oh well.

Good luck!
    09-14-10 06:10 PM
    Do you need to have a data plan for that? Or can you do it by hooking up the usb cable?
    09-14-10 06:23 PM
    And what if you don't have outlook? Any other options?
    09-14-10 06:24 PM
    I use google calender and google sync. it works great
    09-14-10 08:39 PM
    +1. Google Calendar and Google Sync. Easy. Automatic sync. Free.
    09-14-10 08:45 PM
    You also might be interested in this free app. http://crackberry.com/students-get-o...-student-diary
    09-14-10 10:13 PM
    Also check out NiceOffice.com which allows you to enter contacts and appointments on your desktop and keeps it synced with your BB. And vice versa. I really like it.

I think you need a data plan though.
    09-15-10 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD