I have had an 8330 Curve since October 2009. The phone was great for about 6 months, but around April it did an update and has been a nightmare ever since. The phone keeps resetting itself. It will usually resets itself at random times throughout the day - at least 6 or 7 times daily. Some of the resets occur after I hang up a call or if I am on the browser, but some just happen. Recently it has started giving me a white screen that says "RESET" and my only option is to reset it.

Sprint has gotten me 4 replacements, but are now refusing another replacement or an exchange to another phone. I need help with how to fix this problem.

I am not very technical, and Sprint can't fix it. They tell me they have done everything they can do and there is nothing else to try. I have wiped the phone and haven't installed any 3rd party apps. What else can I do?

Thanks!
    09-14-10 11:53 AM
    Do Alt+Shift+H or Options > Status to see if you have an 8330 or an 8330m. If you have the 8330m, back the phone up, then wipe with BBSAK and search for a more stable copy of 4.5.x.x to load on it (that may even mean downgrading).

If you have an 8330, backup/wipe your phone, then go to bbtweaks.com and download the latest 8330 5.0 hybrid immediately. It will transform that Curve into a totally new device (and should clear up the rebooting issues unless there's some deeper hardware/non-OS software issues).

You can also find out quickly what device/OS you have by typing "myver" and hitting space pretty much anywhere except a search field. It should display 8330/4.5.X.X or 8330m/4.5.X.X.
    09-14-10 12:40 PM
    I have had an 8330 Curve since October 2009. The phone was great for about 6 months, but around April it did an update and has been a nightmare ever since. The phone keeps resetting itself. It will usually resets itself at random times throughout the day - at least 6 or 7 times daily. Some of the resets occur after I hang up a call or if I am on the browser, but some just happen. Recently it has started giving me a white screen that says "RESET" and my only option is to reset it.

Sprint has gotten me 4 replacements, but are now refusing another replacement or an exchange to another phone. I need help with how to fix this problem.

I am not very technical, and Sprint can't fix it. They tell me they have done everything they can do and there is nothing else to try. I have wiped the phone and haven't installed any 3rd party apps. What else can I do?

Thanks!
    I would assume that your phone is still under 1 year warranty, so I would take it up the supervisory chain in Sprint until you receive satisfaction.
    09-14-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD