I have 4 email accounts set up on my Curve 8900 using OS 5.0. On my Gmail account i've created a few filters so that some of my emails dont show up in my inbox and are archived. In my blackberry Gmail Inbox, the view is the same and it does not show the archived emails. However if I add the gmail account to the Unified Inbox, then only in the Unified Inbox the archived email from my gmail account is also shown.

Is there any option so that the archived email does not show in the unified inbox?

PS. The reason for applying that filter is a hotmail account I have. I've set up the hotmail account on my blackberry. The reason for forwarding to gmail is that sometimes I have to access some old emails with attachments, but I guess blackberry has a time limit of around 60 days or so(attachments from older emails cannot be opened afterwards). The workaround I've done is to forward them to the gmail account, and I can always use the gmail remote search feature to access attachments from even year old emails. The problem then is that duplicate emails show in the unified inbox. The only viable solution I can see is that somehow gmail only shows its Inbox emails in the Unified Inbox, and not the Archived Emails. Another obvious solution is to not use the unified inbox, but i've gotten very used to it. Any other workaround anyone could suggest is most welcome.
    09-14-10 04:14 AM
    Though I have not yet tried it, there is a potential workaround here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gma...ding-bb-42915/
    09-14-10 02:34 PM
    Put filters through my BIS email setup, not the most elegant solution but it works. Thanks a lot.

Did not run google through IMAP, not sure if its better or worse.
    09-16-10 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD