I think I've followed every single step I've found in the forums, and yet still I cannot get my blackberry scroll to work.

So, to be clear, my blackberry bold 9700 is functional in that it can make/receive calls and is receiving e-mails, but I cannot move the cursor at all, so I cannot get to anything. After about one hundred hard resets doing nothing, I followed some of the instructions I found in the forums to reload the OS, and it would work for maybe a day or two, and then get stuck again. Now when I try it, it doesn't even fix it at all.

So, then I thought it was a memory leak problem, so I completely wiped the blackberry and reloaded the OS to start with a completely clean slate. The blackberry loads fine and turns on fine, but then the cursor using the touch pad / scroll pad (whatever it is called) is still completely frozen. I tried the directions found to reset a nuked blackberry, but it doesn't quite work the same, because my blackberry isn't nuked, it's just the touch pad that gets frozen.

Do you think it's hardware related? It seems more software related, like a memory leak, but I don't know what to do now beyond the complete wipe and restart. Can anyone help me?
    09-13-10 01:31 PM
    FYI - I found a few other posts related to the trackpad freezing, once I found out it's called a "trackpad", but still didn't work for me. I was able to call my carrier though and tell them I went through all these steps to prove to them it wasn't software, so they are sending me a new phone.

Thank goodness!
    09-13-10 02:29 PM
    I report same trackpad problem. Bold 9700 constantly tries to reset itself (often stalls at about 75%) then if reset manages to complete, the scroll / trackpad doesn't respond. I do not want to do a hard reset as I'd like to backup first. BB is not being seen by dysfunctional BB so backing up is bit of a prob. Any ideas anyone?
    10-11-10 06:13 AM
    I report same trackpad problem. Bold 9700 constantly tries to reset itself (often stalls at about 75%) then if reset manages to complete, the scroll / trackpad doesn't respond. I do not want to do a hard reset as I'd like to backup first. BB is not being seen by dysfunctional BB so backing up is bit of a prob. Any ideas anyone?
    Have you tried taking out the battery and connecting it to desktop manager to make a backup, then did a complete wipe with BBSAK?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 08:01 AM
    Hi Rootbrian, Not exactly. I did however manage to connect to desktop manager and performed sync and full backup:-) Also deleted some apps including Opera Mini and Google Mail. Phone then performed really well for rest of the day then froze up again after saving 2 jpg to the data card. Old problem of constantly trying to reset and track/scroll pad frozen as is whole keypad. A very nice looking paperweight.

When able, I will do a complete wipe with BBSAK. BTW, what is "BBSAK"?
    10-12-10 06:09 PM
    Hi Rootbrian, Not exactly. I did however manage to connect to desktop manager and performed sync and full backup:-) Also deleted some apps including Opera Mini and Google Mail. Phone then performed really well for rest of the day then froze up again after saving 2 jpg to the data card. Old problem of constantly trying to reset and track/scroll pad frozen as is whole keypad. A very nice looking paperweight.

When able, I will do a complete wipe with BBSAK. BTW, what is "BBSAK"?
    BBSAK is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

10-12-10 07:23 PM
    I recommend restoring your blackberry with the tutorial video "how to restore a nuked berry". If the trackpad freezes after that, it's a hardware issue and should be serviced / replaced.
    10-12-10 10:04 PM
    Try wiping ur BB
    Clean os with BBSAK
    And reinstall fresh clean one OS.

If it doesn't solve problem, take ur BB to doctor

10-13-10 12:03 AM
    Back up first
    Clean os with BBSAK
    And reinstall fresh clean one OS.

If it doesn't solve problem, take ur BB to doctor

10-13-10 12:04 AM
    I have the same issue, trackpad non responsive. Very frustrating trying to navigate around. Completely wiped and even downgraded my OS. Sending back to AT&T for a replacement. I can't even turn on the radio as downgrading the OS has the radio turned off so I can't receive calls. I hope the phone comes soon.
    10-18-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD