Hey guys I have been having some problems with my Micro SD card. When I put it in my phone I get a message saying it can't be read because of fatal errors. I have tried to repair and format the card from the BB options and it fails doing both. When I try connecting my BB to my computer using a USB cable the card isn't even detected. When I connect the card to my computer using a Micro SD reader, the card is detected and I can access everything on it but when I try to format it the format fails. I have tried every possible way to format the card through my PC and nothing will work. I downloaded a Micro SD formatting program by Panasonic and when I try using that it says my card is write protected and to switch it off but there is no switch or anything, and I can still put things onto the card.

I'm all out of options and need a Micro SD card, does anyone have any suggestions at all for what it could be or how to try and fix it? Any help would be appreciated.
    09-13-10 10:36 AM
    Get a new card.
    09-13-10 10:45 AM
    That happened to me once, when I received my replacement storm 2.
    I did a security wipe, had to start over of course, but since it was a new phone for me, I didn't really lose any needed data.
    After the security wipe, it was able to read my microSD card.

I have a 1 gig, 2 gig, 8 gig, and 16 gig card. I tested with all 4 cards and all came out with "Fatal error," so chances are your problem is the same as mine.

But yeah, try the security wipe. You can find by going to:
    Options > Security Options > Security Wipe > select all the check boxes, and type in "blackberry" to confirm the wipe.
    It will bring your device back to factory default.
    If that still doesn't fix it, I suggest you bring it to your carrier store. They will try the security wipe themselves and see that it doesn't work.
    They'll give you a replacement device in that case.
    09-13-10 11:26 AM
    You can do a very low level format via your PC (not quick format)
    Takes a while but it will work - it will marked out any unusable areas which it sounds like it has
    09-14-10 02:55 AM
    I have a 1 gig, 2 gig, 8 gig, and 16 gig card. I tested with all 4 cards and all came out with "Fatal error," so chances are your problem is the same as mine.
    1. Test SD cards on PC SD reader. If they works - problem in your smartphone
    2. Backup your BB
    3. Wipe it and insert SD card.
    4. If that not helps, try to update your BB OS to latest official
    5. If that does not helps too - use your warranty list
    09-14-10 06:48 AM
    Just to add - some devices are simply not compatable with some microsd cards

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD