Who of you left Blackberry to try another OS (iPhone or Android) and came back to using a Blackberry? For what reasons did you come back? I just ordered a BB9700 but use Android right now as a daily driver and would appreciate opinions.
    09-12-10 10:52 AM
    As a new BB user like the OS. I believe in freedom of choice because everyone has different taste and needs. I'd like to know why you like Android and why you ordered a 9700?
    09-12-10 11:38 AM
    Who of you left Blackberry to try another OS (iPhone or Android) and came back to using a Blackberry? For what reasons did you come back? I just ordered a BB9700 but use Android right now as a daily driver and would appreciate opinions.
    Welcome to CB!
    Here's a quick look at smartphones I have owned, not counting any that I've played with:
    8110 (first smarphone)
    9000 (still the Bold'est )
    Palm Pre (love patching!)
    Moto CLIQ (I miss ADB )
    9700 (gets it done in a tight, fast, great in the hand, who needs a charger?!? way)
    9800 (a real browser!)
    iPod Touch 3rd gen 64GB iOS 4.1 (fantastic! but I can't use iOS on a phone)

There are a ton of little things that BlackBerry does that keep me on it as a matter of personal preference.
    The only one that I can see getting me off the Berry is android, but it hasn't quite gotten there...yet
    09-12-10 11:54 AM
    As a new BB user like the OS. I believe in freedom of choice because everyone has different taste and needs. I'd like to know why you like Android and why you ordered a 9700?
    That is an easy one Guava, I just love gadgets. I can appreciate each OS for what they offer.

I had a HD2 sitting here as well but the freezes forced me to sell it otherwise I'd still have it. I bought a Blackberry for the times I want that hard keyboard. I used to have a 8320 and miss the keyboard at times with the touch screen phones.

Android is a great OS. I have used it since it's first version and as of version 2.1, I have to say it is a pleasure. With Android the freedom and ease of use is huge for me.

iPhone hmmm, best thing about iPhone for me is Apple seemed to figure out a way to get the transitions and scrolling as smooth as it gets. iPhone and Android are very similar yet different in approach to the same task. I find at times Android takes less steps to do the same thing.

The thing about Android is it is a bit more in depth than iPhone so if someone were to just pick one up and use it for a week they would prefer the iPhone to Android. Once the learning curve is over picking up an iPhone is frustrating because of the lack of integration in the OS.

Windows 6.5 on HD2 is a beauty since HTC put lipstick on it but it feels VERY outdated. I am not sure I will be a WP7 type yet. I still have the original T-Mobile Dash and at the time was a fantastic phone. I put many many miles on that phone.

So I am curious as to you guys and why Blackberry?
    09-12-10 12:30 PM
    I tried a Win Mo 6.1 Samsung phone for a month this past January and quickly switched to the Boost BlackBerry Curve 8330.

For me, it was the little things that were annoying. The Windows phone had no real ability to copy/paste text, to download images found while Web surfing and the Windows Media Player was a horrible joke that crashed and gave me media corruption messages when I tried to use MP3 playlists on it.

About the only things I really liked about it were Skyfire's ability to play Flash videos on the phone and the Pocketwit, which allowed me to be logged into two Twitter accounts at once and merge all the tweets into one time line.

Other than that, BlackBerry is better for me.

I can't comment on Android since I've never used it.
    09-12-10 04:42 PM
    I left my 9700 briefly for a G1. I came back after discovering the battery was atrocious.

I certainly didn't choose the best Android phone to try but even with a great battery, I didn't like Android that much better than my BB. Of course, that may change with future phones, but for now the 9700 is the phone for me.
    09-13-10 02:58 PM
    I just switched back from an IPhone. 3gS and got a Bold 9700. I love it and can't wait for the 9780. I had an i4 for like 2 days and no thank. Glad to be back to the Crackberry world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 10:22 PM
    Like you I LOVE gadgets!! I have tried (and still own) several different phones, but I ALWAYS come back to my beloved berry!!!
    09-15-10 07:54 PM
    I've done this a few times now.

Went to a iphone 3gs then came back to black - missing the keyboard.

Went to HTC Desire - shocking battery life

Then lastly iphone 4 which is a lovely phone and beautiful to look at (!) But here I am back with a Blackberry, I don't really know what it is maybe the keyboard, definitely BBM - I know it can only do half the things the iphone could but what it does counts for me personally.

09-20-10 01:52 AM
    I have left my crackberry once and couldn't stand the android 3g phone I guess I aint that type of touchscreen phone fanatic but I started on the 8900 and that's when my passion for blackberrys started I love how they're so simple to use but have a expensive physical side to them with all that chrome then I went to 9700 and then to storm2 and now I'm back aat 8900 cool phones they're so addicting

09-25-10 11:02 AM
    I left for the HTC Hero, than to the Pre, back to the Storm2, to the HTC Incredible, iPhone 4, BACK to BlackBerry with the 9650.

09-26-10 09:12 AM
    I currently have a mytouch 3g, but just recently got a 9700 for my wife. Damn, I forgot how much I missed a blackberry.

And the battery life on the mytouch? Extreme crap. I can't go a full day without charging. I charged the 9700 2 days ago, and it still has 3+ bars.

The best thing about the mytouch is the navigation. Even the browser is slower than the one on the 9700.

I just wish the Torch was offerred by Tmobile....
    09-26-10 09:23 AM
    I bought a DInc to replace my 8330 in July. It was nice initially but after the newness wore off, I realized it wasn't as efficient as a phone and messaging device as my 8330. I didn't like typing on the touchscreen and the battery life was pretty bad. I loved everything else about Android such as the browser, app store and hardware but I just missed the physical keyboard and BBM too much. I'm back on the 8330 and selling the Incredible on eBay. Hopefully I'll upgrade to the 9650 in November when my NE2 is up or if there is a new BB for VZW out. BB4life!

09-28-10 08:09 PM
    After my company forced all employees to carry a smart phone, for what ever reason (possibly image as I pay someone to do my calls...) I was assigned a black berry.

It died (D.O.A.) work got me an android based phone, different issue but returned in under 2 weeks due to 20+ resets a day for no good reason.

So I gave RIM products another try.

I couldn't picture going else where granted I still have no use for it. But I already know how to do things with it... as it collects dust. Or some matter.
    09-28-10 08:56 PM
    Count me in as someone who can't live without a blackberry after I got one.

I traded my 9700 for a 3GS (my sister wanted to try a blackberry, her friends are crazy about RIM). She is having a good time now, I'm in despair right now.

The reasons?

1. No multitasking, or for Lord's sake I don't know how to in this "smartphone"
    2. Touchscreen + big thumbs = lame
    3. No profile = lame. Okay, it has "silent", but I can't assign a song for message alert, THAT's lame
    4. Has only one physically visible button: quit the app you're running. Can you imagine the temptation to press it when I want to press "back"? Especially when I forgot that it's not "back" but "quit"?

Well, I've had enough
    09-29-10 11:01 AM
    My first blackberry was the 7100 on nextel. Had that for awhile but since i had no bbm contacts and no camera i left to go to sprint for the pocket pc. After a year and a half i jumped back on with BB with the 8830. It didnt have a camera but i just liked the way it was and got it anyway. Low and behold the Curve comes out lol. I end up selling my 8830 and getting a curve lol. After having that for sometime I jump on the iPhone 3g wagon. Then I caught the BB bug again and got the Bold 9000 off ebay. Then I ended up buying a Bold 9700 but returned and then jumped back to my iPhone 3g. I currently have the iPhone 4 but I have the BB bug again and looking at the new Torch 9800. Only a matter of time before I do. Just something about Blackberries that I love lol.

And thats my tale lol
    09-29-10 08:36 PM
    I left my 8530 for the iphone 4, took the iphone 4 back and purchased a blackberry torch! I guess I'm a crackberry addict!

10-02-10 02:39 PM
    I left and had an Iphone 3GS, now I'm back. I went through so many phones before I came back again....but I always come back to black
    10-03-10 12:05 AM
    I left the Blackberry 9700 for the iphone4 and I'm super excited to switch back to Blackberry!! <3
    10-13-10 04:35 AM
    I am a gadget freak. I went from the bb8320 to the BB9700 (which, by the way, fits all my needs). I also went for the Epic4G as soon as it was released from Sprint. Wow, it is an awsome GADGET. So now I subscribe to both Tmobile and Sprint. I carry the BB9700 in my left pocket and the Epic 4G in my right pocket. I feel like a cowboy with a pistol in each pocket. hahahaha. But seriously, my BB9700 comes first and the Epic second. I don't really need the Epic but I keep it cause it is,again, an awsome gadget.
    10-13-10 06:53 AM
    I left my 9700 in April for an iPhone 3G, then the iPhone 4 and before I had the 4 15 days I took it back for a 9700. Since then I bought the Torch. I've been w/BB since the 8700c was the newest and greatest and have ALL the att Blackberries since then. I'm glad to be back on the bb again and really don't see myself leaving again anytime soon. Up next: 9780!!

10-30-10 12:06 AM
    I was first introduced to blackberry in 2007 with the awesome first edition of the Curve line 8300.. I loved that phone amazing and I was made a bb fan.. At the time I was working for cingular/att and they introduce the iphone to everyone that year, and of course every sales rep had to carry the iphone, soo I had to give up my blackberry and have the iphone first generation.. I hated that thing OMG!! Touch screen was jus not my thing!! Well long story short I ended up getting myself a personal line with sprint and getting the Palm treo 755p at the time (2008) they were free so I figured I'll give it a shot, its great for text messaging but that's it had that phone for 9 months then I wiggled myself into a Curve 8330m which I shouldve gotten in the first place!! And now 2 years later I have the new and amazing Curve 3G 9330 love love love this device.. I've played with some androids but I would never get one that OS to me is just not stable. I have a lot of friends that have problems with them freezing, crashing, battery life so on! So RIM u have a customer for life :-)

10-30-10 10:24 AM
    -raises hand-

I've been off and on the BlackBerry quite a few times, as a Mac user, usually to the iPhone, and I do still have an iPhone 3G which I use as an iPod Touch off and on.

My first device was one I got as part of a trade for my (at the time) brand new Sidekick "Gecko", a scratched, marked up 8100 Pearl in Black, a device which I got to know and love for 2 months, before I was hit by a car (yes!) while crossing the street (not while typing...) of which was the demise of my little Pearl.

I had to go two weeks with a cheap Samsung feature phone, after which I had enough money to go and buy myself a Curve 8900, which I loved, and still miss to this day, I traded my 8900 for a 9000, and from 9000 to a 3G.

About 2 years later and quite a few trades later, I now have a brand new White 9700, and the 9000 of which I used from November 2009, until October 2010, which sits quietly in it's charging pod, a nice "retirement" spot for it, the 9000 is still one of my favourite devices, second only to the 8900, of which will always have a spot in my heart.
    10-31-10 10:36 PM
    I bought my first BlackBerry two years ago, and have since tried Android and WebOS. After the thrill of a new platform wore off, usually within a week, I missed my BlackBerry so much ... BBM, keyboard, reliable email, all the ways to customize notifications. I can't see myself leaving BlackBerry again, especially now that I have an iPad for games and other apps.
    11-01-10 12:31 PM
    I personally can't imagine not having a keypad. I feel like it's all the rage, but I just love having buttons to push. I feel like the only other smart phones worth having are those with touch screens, and I just can't wrap my head around the idea! Thank you BB for my keypad!
    madman0141 likes this.
    11-02-10 02:21 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD