For some odd reason the "A" key on my BB has become ridiculously sensitive out of nowhere. I don't even have to press it, all I have to do is literally touch it and I get an "A". It's getting irritating because sometimes I get way too many, or I get one when I press one of the keys around it. When I press "S" I want "S" not "A"!!! What the fudge?!
    09-12-10 02:40 AM
    Damn, u r goin thru wht I went thru, except it was the "s" key...I was told it was moisture in the keyboard...I ended up sending my bb to my carrier for repairs...and after a month n two weeks...due to my carrier repair centre's delays and inability to fix it, I got a new 8520..and just a few hrs ago my fren got the same prob n he sent in his...so if u have the phone under warranty, go get it fixed...if not, get a repair guy to fix it...tht keyboard prob is a PAIN!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 03:19 AM
    Thanks swade, I'll keep that in mind since my phone is still under warranty. I'm a little bummed that no one has aany ideas or assistance for me! Craackberry always comes through for me!

Ha, I just read what I typed before and noticed a couple extra A's I forgot to check for.
    Last edited by Sum1sRockstar; 09-12-10 at 11:05 PM.
    09-12-10 10:20 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my bold 9700. The "a" key is driving me nuts! If it is moisture, that's causing the problem, I suggest putting the phone in a back of rice over night or something. Rice tends to absorb all the moisture. I'm going to try it with mine tonight.
    03-28-11 10:17 PM
    or silica gel beads
    03-29-11 12:12 AM
    any luck on this issue? my blackberry 8520 was just fine before I went to bed. when I woke up, the "S" button is acting crazy already.
    10-06-11 04:29 AM
    theres a well known and documented issue like this on the 9700/9780. its caused by the keypad PCB membrane. the metal tabs under the keys become worn, flatten and no longer click. check the link in my sig for more info. also, for a couple of dollars, you can buy new membranes on dealsishop.com. i just got some in order to replace them on my gf's phone.
    10-15-11 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD