What I really loved about my 9000 was that it had stereo built in speakers. I really missed that on my 9700. How's that on the Torch?
    09-11-10 11:33 AM
    The speakers on the torch are plenty adequate... however, it is not comparable to the 9000. On my Bold I could listen to music without earbuds and it would sound like a mini boom box. However, as much as I loved my 9000, I could never go back! The Torch is simply the most satisfying BB experience I've had - I still haven't become familiar with all the features yet.
    09-11-10 02:49 PM
    There's only one speaker on the Torch from what I can see. And it's definitely subpar in comparison the 9000's stereo speakers. If you're coming from the 9700, you probably won't notice much of a difference.
    09-11-10 02:54 PM
    It's slightly better than the 9700 speaker, but 2 points lower than the 9000...
    09-11-10 03:51 PM
    Yeh... that's what I was afraid of.
    But hey! I ordered it anyway
    09-12-10 05:00 PM
    I guess not a lot of people listen to music through the phone's built in speakers. I only use it for the speaker phone. Nothing comes close to tHe Bold 9000 stereo speakers. The Torch on the other hand is a pretty decent speaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 05:05 PM
    coming from an iPhone 4, the Torch speaker is VERY nice! not as good as the 9000's though, obviously lol.
    09-12-10 05:17 PM
    I REALLY miss the 9000 speakers. I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss them.
    09-13-10 09:39 PM
    I REALLY miss the 9000 speakers. I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss them.
    I'm with you there. Those speakers really spoiled me and even though I'm in love with my Torch I have to admit that the first time I tried playing a song on it without earbuds I was severely disappointed. It's very adequate and it's better than others, but it's just not up to the speakers the 9000 had.

It's still a perfect phone for me. You can't have everything and it's definitely a worthy sacrifice in light of everything else the Torch gives me.
    09-14-10 03:46 AM
    Rubbish! Adjust the equalizer and its just fine....enough for that size phone! I have no complaints....
    09-14-10 05:32 AM
    I love the sound of the speakers--- way better than the Tour |and the so called branded BOLD with Vzw.
    09-14-10 09:35 AM
    I miss the stereo speakers on the 9000, and the internal volume that the 9000 had when i listened to music with my stereo bluetooth or regular earbuds. For whatever reason, the max volume on the Torch is several ticks below what I had with the 9000. On the flip side, I also had the external speaker issue on the 9000 where they would get low unless you pressed right above the camera flash on the back of the device...very annoying...the Torch does not seem to have any issue like that.
    09-14-10 10:22 AM
    There's only one speaker on the Torch from what I can see. And it's definitely subpar in comparison the 9000's stereo speakers. If you're coming from the 9700, you probably won't notice much of a difference.
    Gotta agree with that. I was a 9000 user and I was ADDICTED to that speaker quality. I've never heard ANYTHING like that from a mobile phone. That was probably my number 1 bragging point when people would ask to see the Bold. I'd play them a tune or show the Speed Racer or Delta Goodrem pre-installed video and people would be blown away.

The Torch is freaking amazing in many other ways. I just wished BBerry would have kept the same speaker quality. I would easily have paid more coin to retain that.
    09-25-10 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD