I know this has been said many times before but here goes. I own a Bold and a Torch and several Android phones and I use and like the Torch the best. It is the best of both worlds. My Torch has no issues and works like a charm. I hope that before anyone jumps on Android to replace their BB, give the Torch a honest try, if the Torch was on VZ, I could put all of my other phones in the desk drawer. Just had to get this said WAY TO GO RIM it fits my needs for my business with 1300 customers perfectly.
    09-10-10 04:57 PM
    I know this has been said many times before but here goes. I own a Bold and a Torch and several Android phones and I use and like the Torch the best. It is the best of both worlds. My Torch has no issues and works like a charm. I hope that before anyone jumps on Android to replace their BB, give the Torch a honest try, if the Torch was on VZ, I could put all of my other phones in the desk drawer. Just had to get this said WAY TO GO RIM it fits my needs for my business with 1300 customers perfectly.
    Thanks, man.

Good to hear someone's happy with their 9800.

*(im)patiently waiting for the 24th..*
    09-10-10 05:59 PM
    I like the Torch a lot. I replaced my Bold 9000 with it. I also have a Storm I as well as an Android phone and an iPhone in the house. I have had Blackberry's since the 7250. In my opinion, it is far and away my favorite Blackberry. I like the android and iphones we have as well. The Torch is my favorite at this point. I like having both the touch screen and keyboard. I like the keyboard due to the traditional Blackberry style. I like the OS, size and shape of the phone, really everything. It's my business phone and works great in that role too.

My dilema is that I'm out of contract on my 9530 with Verizon and see nothing coming up there from Blackberry that interests me at all. The Storm actually had a good run for me. Not any of the problems I read about so frequently. However, the screen is acting up with different letters or icons lighting up that aren't being pressed. I guess it's wearing out. I will have to pick up another phone on Verizon but can't wait forever. The "clamshell (Style)" is not it. Wish the Torch were coming Verizon's way. I'll take that touch screen over the Storm's any day. Very nice phone.
    Last edited by blakeberry; 09-10-10 at 06:33 PM.
    09-10-10 06:29 PM
    i honestly think that the proper approach to the Blackberry 9800 is this..
    First it's a PHONE.. with multi media capabilities.. and not the other way around..
    09-10-10 06:35 PM
    I always thought I would like a Storm because off the bigger screen but only if it also had a keyboard. Turns out I was right.
    09-10-10 07:12 PM
    I am glad to hear android owners with something positive to say about the Torch. Having owned the 9700, 9000, and 8310, the Torch is by far and away the best RIM device that I have owned to date.
    09-10-10 07:26 PM
    I never liked slider phones but i also never liked touchscreens and ended up with the Samsung Vibrant and love it. I guess i will give this Torch a test drive on the 24th and see what my thoughts are. I initially wanted wait for the 9780 so we'll see.
    Glad you like your phone OP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 07:32 PM
    Of all the Blackberry phones I have had the Torch is by far the best for my use. Upgraded from the 9700 to it and have never looked back.
    09-10-10 09:50 PM
    I myself am a Storm2 owner. But I talked my younger brother into getting the Torch since is iPhone died on him. He had previously been a Blackberry Curve user.

He brought it by for me to see and play with. All I can say is WOW! RIM has really done a fine job with this device. I was worried about the OS lag and build quality. My fears have been put to rest. This thing works wonderfully. He is tickled to death and I am finding myself wishing that VZW had this baby.
    Good job RIM. Now just get that new QNX OS designed and put on the Storm3 and I will be one happy camper!!
    09-10-10 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD