Hello everyone. Do I have to click on "get image" every single time for the pictures to show up on emails? Its getting kind of annoying having to click "get image" every single time. Thanks.
    07-17-08 05:55 PM
    Amazing...I was just going to ask the same question. I checked my email settings at they are set to "Automaticly Download Images", yet every time I open an email with images I have to go into Options and click "Get Images."

Anyone figure this one out?
    07-17-08 05:57 PM
    Only from new emails.... once that email comes thru and then after you choose get images. it will work...
    07-17-08 05:57 PM
    Thats what he said. "get images". Yes you have to do that every time. It's a security feature, and also lets you control the amount of data you choose to consume.
    07-17-08 05:59 PM
    Rimm does this for security reasons.
    07-17-08 06:00 PM
    =( I'm a bit disappointed.
    07-17-08 06:01 PM
    So I wonder why there is even an option for the images to auto download if they don't really auto download. I don't really care all that much, but it is a bit contradicting.
    07-17-08 06:20 PM
    If you get repetative e-mails the images will mostly already be there after you choose to "get images" a couple of times. It seems that all of my eBay, itunes, etc. automatically download before I open them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 06:28 PM
    So I wonder why there is even an option for the images to auto download if they don't really auto download. I don't really care all that much, but it is a bit contradicting.
    Couldn't agree more why have the option there if it does not work!!

mmmmm looks like empower may not be out the window just yet!!
    07-17-08 06:29 PM
    Couldn't agree more why have the option there if it does not work!!

mmmmm looks like empower may not be out the window just yet!!
    So do you think empower is worth $10 or given where the OS's are going it is worth just waiting it out (yes, I know this is really only a question I can answer for myself, but I'm just tossing it out there).
    07-17-08 06:31 PM
    I don't think it contradicting. I think it's not what you expected...... The option is there to start the process..... if it was not there how would it happen or allowed.....

Listen it gives you that option to decide what you want to download.... loadng images can take up space and also not safe in some html emails..... that si why it says are you sure you want to download images? But once you say yes, it will continue to do with email from such arrived address.....

not complicated nor confusing.... it's just the way RIM wants it and wants to protect also.
    07-17-08 06:32 PM
    So do you think empower is worth $10 or given where the OS's are going it is worth just waiting it out (yes, I know this is really only a question I can answer for myself, but I'm just tossing it out there).
    mmmmm I was all for tossing out empower and going with RIM but to press get images EVERY email mmmmm I don't know myself now
    07-17-08 06:34 PM
    I don't think it contradicting. I think it's not what you expected...... The option is there to start the process..... if it was not there how would it happen or allowed.....

Listen it gives you that option to decide what you want to download.... loadng images can take up space and also not safe in some html emails..... that si why it says are you sure you want to download images? But once you say yes, it will continue to do with email from such arrived address.....

not complicated nor confusing.... it's just the way RIM wants it and wants to protect also.
    I get ya...and yes, that makes sense. I guess I was (like you said) just interpreting the command differently.

Either way, the 4.5 OS is sweet.
    07-17-08 06:36 PM
    WOW! I don't even have the get images option or automatically download images option. It also never downloads any images for me.
    07-17-08 06:38 PM
    WOW! I don't even have the get images option or automatically download images option. It also never downloads any images for me.
    Did you upgrade to the new 4.5 OS?
    07-17-08 06:46 PM
    Did you read my signature? Sorry for the harsh sarcasm but yes I did.
    07-17-08 06:47 PM
    You need 4.5 O.S. to have the option.
    07-17-08 06:49 PM
    I am having the same issue as Exitwound. Now I am brand new to BB, just got it Tuesday, so maybe I don't know where to look. And I installed OS 4.5 as well.
    07-17-08 06:50 PM
    Did you read my signature? Sorry for the harsh sarcasm but yes I did.
    My bad. Brand new to these boards and not used to looking in people's signatures for the info. Just got my first BB on Monday.
    07-17-08 06:53 PM
    It's all good. Really though I am not new to BB's but I have had 4 different 4.5 beta versions installed and not one of them had this as an option.
    07-17-08 07:04 PM
    Did you open your email folder and go to Options>Email Options>Enable HTML Email and make sure it said "Yes"

???
    07-17-08 07:15 PM
    That path does not exist on my phone. Hmmm.
    07-17-08 07:46 PM
    Man, I had the exact same question about the "get images" thing. That's too bad I have to press "get images" every time, but the trade-off is worth it anyway... HTML mail on 4.5 is so much better than mail on 4.2!
    07-17-08 08:04 PM
    Did you open your email folder and go to Options>Email Options>Enable HTML Email and make sure it said "Yes"
    I don't have that path either. If I go to my email folder and go to options I have General Options, Email Settings, Email Reconciliation and Spell Check and none of them have the Enable HTML Email setting.
    07-17-08 08:27 PM
    I fixed it. I wiped by BB then installed the new OS as opposed to just upgrading to the new OS and now I have the option. I am brand new to the BB and starting to just figure things out, but so far I dig it.
    07-17-08 10:47 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD