Can someone tell me if their is a calendar app that gets backed up on-line or something so if something happens to your phone you don't loose all your stuff? I recently cracked my screen and had to replace my phone but I lost everything that was on my calendar. I'd also like to find something similar for the memo pad. I keep a lot of notes and useful info in there and lost everything. I think I've begun to depend on my Blackberry too much maybe. When I lost all that info it felt like I was lost or something.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    JE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 07:56 AM
    use the desktop manager, to backup your data from the phone to your computer. if you have some sort of online or network storage, you can then copy those backup files for safe keeping in case your laptop/desktop crashes. works for memopad as well.
    09-10-10 08:00 AM
    I think Google Sync also syncs calendars as well...
    09-10-10 08:43 AM
    Get a free gmail account. Link your BB and your computer's native calendar and gmail calendar. Sync as needed. You can enter on one calendar, and it shows up on all three! Loose your phone, and your contacts and dates are saved on the web.

Also good advice from kagee above, BACKUP YOUR PHONE on desktop manager!!!!!!
    09-10-10 09:12 AM
    +1 on syncing. There is a program called "DataBackup" put out by S4BB that backs up your info to your SD card and is supposed to restore it if you need to. I have it installed and do weekly backups, but I've never restored before so I'm not sure if it really works or not. I sync several times in a week so it's not a huge issue for me. I usually always have my laptop close by even while traveling in case I do run into a SNAFU.
    09-10-10 02:49 PM
    +1 on syncing. There is a program called "DataBackup" put out by S4BB that backs up your info to your SD card and is supposed to restore it if you need to. I have it installed and do weekly backups, but I've never restored before so I'm not sure if it really works or not. I sync several times in a week so it's not a huge issue for me. I usually always have my laptop close by even while traveling in case I do run into a SNAFU.
    absolutely, back up your device regularly, i have used the "data backup" and the desktop manager and it has saved me many times. i run the desktop manager backup and save that file to my sd card....just in case the bb is in the laptop bag when something bad happens.
    09-10-10 02:53 PM
    This is one of the best OTA services IMO (Will do Email and Calendar, but not not pads or tasks) I use my PC and back it up everyday.

Google Sync for your phone
    09-10-10 02:58 PM
    +1 for Google Sync. Also, Best Buy has a free service called miQ which backs up everything on your phone and hosts it on a Best Buy server. I used to use that, then moved to Google Sync, and now just use DM. All will work just fine in the event of a BlackBerry fail.

09-11-10 12:56 AM
    I like MiQ cuz it backs up everything, but it doesn't restore as far as I can tell.
    Google Sync gives me bookoo duplicates. Best way really is to use a computer.
    09-11-10 01:27 AM
    i actually use smrtguard. it backs up everything except app information and i have restored things from there. it restored contacts, calendar, sms, emails. i have it set up to back up daily. for apps i use BBSAK and i still do backups with bb desktop manager at least every three days
    09-11-10 10:18 AM
    I like MiQ cuz it backs up everything, but it doesn't restore as far as I can tell.
    Google Sync gives me bookoo duplicates. Best way really is to use a computer.
    MiQ will restore, as I recall. I know it offers a device switch of data.

09-11-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD