I am using Lyricidal's .862 Hybrid for my Storm2 and LOVE IT. I recently paid for and downloaded Hypoxia media player and the application freezes at the splash screen. I emailed the company and the Lead Developer got back to me and said:

"the hybrid version of an OS means that the required library files have been added or removed which is not how the OS was meant to be run. In your specific case the version of the OS you have has the Database Access Libraries Removed. So not only will Hypoxia not work, any application that tries to create a database will not work. You have limited options and should install a RIM approved OS or try to get a hold of the Database Libraries and but them in your OS. Its impossible to support all the different Hybrid OS's when the people are taking out and putting in whatever they want".

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work without changing OS's???

Thanks.
    Last edited by mstrninja; 09-09-10 at 01:30 PM.
    09-09-10 12:45 PM
    I had the database cod file installed, but it was the 6.0 version. I can't remember which cod it was, but once I redid my phone without using any 6.0 cods, it worked perfectly.

I know that doesn't help much, but that's the only thing that worked for me.
    09-11-10 04:19 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the response.
    09-16-10 12:11 PM
    I am using Lyricidal's .862 Hybrid for my Storm2 and LOVE IT. I recently paid for and downloaded Hypoxia media player and the application freezes at the splash screen. I emailed the company and the Lead Developer got back to me and said:

"the hybrid version of an OS means that the required library files have been added or removed which is not how the OS was meant to be run. In your specific case the version of the OS you have has the Database Access Libraries Removed. So not only will Hypoxia not work, any application that tries to create a database will not work. You have limited options and should install a RIM approved OS or try to get a hold of the Database Libraries and but them in your OS. Its impossible to support all the different Hybrid OS's when the people are taking out and putting in whatever they want".

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work without changing OS's???

Thanks.
    Send a PM to Lyr, he's usually willing to help with problems on his hybrids. He might be pretty busy, but wouldn't hurt.
    09-16-10 04:49 PM
    Are you using the 6.0 files with the hybrid?
    If so reinstall the hybrid without them

If you aren't using the 6.0 files - are there any errors that pop up?

Also are you able to see the Event Log and search for BOLD writing which is an error? If so, click that and post a screenshot of the list of files (or list them) - dont worry about listing all the duplicates, just each one once
    09-17-10 04:43 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the 6.0 files. I will re-install.

Only one bold item in the event log.

S Java Exception - RuntimeException
    Severity - Severe Error
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    Time Sept 21, 2010 8:27:42

TouchEventInternal$getEvent This touch input even (proxy object)has expried and is invalid.
    net_rim_cldc-11 (4C3E6A9E)
    TouchEvenInternal
    getEvent
    0xC408
    net_rim_bb_camera-2(4C4A301D)
    CameraPreviewScreen$ControlBarField

Thanks again!
    Last edited by mstrninja; 09-21-10 at 10:06 AM.
    09-21-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD