Well a friend of mine bought the Iphone 4 last week and immediately complained about the phone making calls on it's own. After reading in the iphone section here, I advised her it was a problem with the software and the proximity sensor. Well today Apple released a software update to fix this. And how long has the Iphone 4 been out?

So maybe this is only venting but I went through the Storm 1. Used the many different leaked unofficial software updates I found here at Crackberry, and made it through. I then immediately upgraded to the Storm2 as soon as it came out. I also used the software updates that were unofficially posted here. And now I have a Storm2, with the OFFICIAL .713 released from Verizon, and have found that my phone has alot of trouble making phone calls. Robotic sounds, speed dialing calling but no sound on my end, and sometimes my voice not being heard.

Now I know this is a software problem but shouldn't RIM and Verizon have this fixed by now with all the complaints? Why do they take so long to fix anything? Yea people blame RIM and other people blame Verizon, but I think I originally bought my phone to be a phone and now it does not work correctly.

I love my Storm2 prior to this, but I really think RIM releases products behind the current times. Now I'm told there will be no OS6 for the Storm2 because it cannot handle it. What the H*ll. RIM sees whats going on in phone technology. Can't they jump ahead instead of being behind. Yeah they have the greatest email system. Yes they might have the best security, when on BES. But for alot of users on BIS there is no difference. Slow browser. Not a great amount of Apps, and dealing with software that does not work and even makes your phone unstable, while we have to wait forever for the fix.

Thanks Crackberry for always getting those unofficial leaks to us. I know it has kept me going. But I don't know for how long. I'm not thrilled about maybe switching over to AT&T but I am recently thinking hard about getting a device that has it's company working FAST to fix problems. Like Apple.

Sorry I had to get this out.
    09-08-10 06:23 PM
    so get a Jesus phone and be done with it!
    09-08-10 06:27 PM
    Wait, forget everything else you said...

Your friend has an iPhone that makes phone calls?
    09-08-10 06:58 PM
    Wait, forget everything else you said...

Your friend has an iPhone that makes phone calls?
    i know WTF??!?? i thought those were only a myth like a unicorn or somthing
    09-08-10 07:05 PM
    There is a new Pre coming out soon and thats what I'm curious about now. I wonder why people only consider Android and Iphone when looking for alternatives.

Also, it might be better to wait since the holidays are usually a popular time for new phone releases.
    09-08-10 07:23 PM
    i know WTF??!?? i thought those were only a myth like a unicorn or somthing
    Thank you
    09-08-10 07:23 PM
    Well a friend of mine bought the Iphone 4 last week and immediately complained about the phone making calls on it's own. After reading in the iphone section here, I advised her it was a problem with the software and the proximity sensor. Well today Apple released a software update to fix this. And how long has the Iphone 4 been out?

Thanks Crackberry for always getting those unofficial leaks to us. I know it has kept me going. But I don't know for how long. I'm not thrilled about maybe switching over to AT&T but I am recently thinking hard about getting a device that has it's company working FAST to fix problems. Like Apple.

Sorry I had to get this out.
    Customer service with apple is miles ahead from RIM
    you don't see any RIM stores where you can walk and have your phone repaired there if it's just a minor issue or they will ship it if it's not repairable at that time..
    but it comes with a price after a year ( called Apple Care)

and that's the reason why people are buying Apple products.. IMHO..
    forget the trendy part..it's the customer service that gives you a peace of mind.
    09-08-10 07:32 PM
    Customer service with apple is miles ahead from RIM
    you don't see any RIM stores where you can walk and have your phone repaired there if it's just a minor issue or they will ship it if it's not repairable at that time..
    but it comes with a price after a year ( called Apple Care)

and that's the reason why people are buying Apple products.. IMHO..
    forget the trendy part..it's the customer service that gives you a peace of mind.
    That makes sense, but at the end of the day, do you want a pc or a mac? I guess thats the question people need to ask themselves haha
    09-08-10 07:45 PM
    09-08-10 08:19 PM
    I honestly like my Blackberry more than an Iphone, but my complaint is the waiting for software fixes and updates. Whether its RIMs fault or Apples fault, it takes to darn long to get fixes. Then it seems like RIM abandons there phones to fast. At least in my case only owning a Storm 1 and Storm 2.

The Storm 1 was abandoned by RIM in a year. That looks like what is going to happen with the Storm 2. Apple still releases updates for there iphone 3g.

Its not that I'm an Iphone fan. I still use a PC also. However, when something is wrong, things should be fixed in a timely manner. To release an official software upgrade, that actually detriments the way the phone works is unacceptable and both Verizon and RIM should have the problem fixed immediately. Not months later.
    09-08-10 08:28 PM
    You act like they only found out about these problems AFTER the release. Kinda like they already had a bumper case designed that, coincidentally, cured a major problem with their device...

Also patched a dozen or more security flaws... WHAT?!?

Apple still releases updates for there iphone 3g.

To release an official software upgrade, that actually detriments the way the phone works is unacceptable
    Have you looked into the iOS4 problems on the 3g and 3GS? Do a quick Google search.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 09-08-10 at 08:49 PM.
    09-08-10 08:46 PM
    You act like they only found out about these problems AFTER the release. Kinda like they already had a bumper case designed that, coincidentally, cured a major problem with their device...

Also patched a dozen or more security flaws... WHAT?!?

Have you looked into the iOS4 problems on the 3g and 3GS? Do a quick Google search.
    yea on a somewhat unrelated but still loosly related thing this made me think of...i use an ipod touch 2nd generation and i have a hook up in my car, ipod to CD deck i can control the ipod using my cd player well after installing ios 4 on my ipod it killed that essentially...when it loads up for instance say i wanna search for an artist well ill click artist with the spinny wheel and it will show me in alpha order all the artists on my ipod spinn the wheel and it goes down the list but with ios4 i scroll the wheel and nothing...literly(ive counted) between 15 and 20 seconds before it goes down to the next artist in the list...if your searching for someone who starts with say M your screwd out of like 5 mineuts of your day so i then have to stop listening to the music unhook it from my deck and sift threw it by hand then plug it back in...you can see this being a problem while driveing
    Last edited by Pyrus; 09-08-10 at 09:03 PM.
    09-08-10 08:59 PM
    so get a Jesus phone and be done with it!
    Actually Dave .... I did!
    09-08-10 09:19 PM
    i haven't used the apple care for the iphone..
    but i used an apple care ($375 retail, $180 e bay price) for my 2008 MAcbook Pro when the heat sink, and the logic board ( mother board for our PC friends) acted up..
    the total cost for repair was a whopping $1340.00..
    and i paid zero dollars since it happened within the 3 yrs of my subscription..
    so Yeah.. the apple care worked for me..

on the different side..

When i encountered a major problem with my Sony Vaio..
    neither Best Buy nor Sony knew what was going on when i brought it for repair..
    long story short.. i was without a laptop for 3 weeks.. only to find out that it's beyond repair and i have to pay the diagnostic fees of $85 plus taxes..

that is a MY experience with customer service and insurance.
    09-08-10 09:39 PM
    Actually Dave .... I did!
    hehe. I just got my 4G Touch set up. the camera sucks because there is no stabilization--a bigger issue than the low pixel count, now that I've tried to take some pictures with it. the speaker is better (slightly) than the 2G touch speaker, but no louder--just more musical sounding. multitasking is a welcome addition and the screen is gorgeous! text looks so clean and the blacks are deeper than the 2G. the blacks are now almost as deep as on my S2.
    09-08-10 09:41 PM
    hehe. I just got my 4G Touch set up. the camera sucks because there is no stabilization--a bigger issue than the low pixel count, now that I've tried to take some pictures with it. the speaker is better (slightly) than the 2G touch speaker, but no louder--just more musical sounding. multitasking is a welcome addition and the screen is gorgeous! text looks so clean and the blacks are deeper than the 2G. the blacks are now almost as deep as on my S2.
    how do you like the touch 4??? i was thinking about getting one is it worth the upgrade from a 2nd gen?
    09-08-10 11:18 PM
    Haha, Apple wishes they were this fast:

Just hours after Apple released iOS 4.1 to great fanfare, hardware hackers found a way to jailbreak devices that run the new operating system. More surprising still, there doesn't appear to be anything Steve Jobs can do to stop them in the near future.

The exploit in the boot ROM of iOS devices was first announced by iPhone Dev-Team member pod2g. It was soon confirmed by other hackers, who said that because the exploit targets such a low-level part of the operating system, Apple won't be able to stop jailbreakers without making significant hardware changes.
    Jailbreak hole in iOS 4.1 will be hard to close • The Register
    09-09-10 01:01 AM
    how do you like the touch 4??? i was thinking about getting one is it worth the upgrade from a 2nd gen?
    other than the marginal camera, it's fantastic! i've had a 2G for about 2 years and the screen on the 4G is a HUGE improvement in clarity. reading, photos, internet, movies--are all a joy to behold. Now my Storm looks hideous! I brought up Kindle of the touch and S2, same book, same page--the S2's screen is gross--small text is jaggy. the text on the touch is ultra sharp, so I can easily use the smallest text size and read with ease (with reading glasses, natch).

the multitasking is long overdue and works very well. folders are a snap to create, for placing apps in groups, reducing screen clutter. I had to read the help file in safari to figure out how to make folders, but once you learn, you realize it's an elegantly simple method to create or delete them.

the 4G has a mic now, so we can use apps like dragon, google app, bing, etc without having to hook up an earphone/mic combo. love that!

double-click to switch apps, when multitasking. again, a simple method.

I think it was $300 well spent.
    09-09-10 01:18 AM
    one person makes a lock. someone else figures out how to pick it. that's life.
    09-09-10 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD