Hi folks,

Has anyone come across any BES specific issues with the 9800? Being that I can't seem to find anything here, I'm assuming that it is solid and reliable for enterprise folks.

09-07-10 05:18 PM
    There was one issue due to some file needing updateing. Ill see if I can find the thread, but the problem was acknowledged and a fix was in the works if it hasn't been addressed yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 05:22 PM
    I haven't had any issues at all. Don't know of any files needing updating..

09-07-10 06:44 PM
    I can't find the post but I couldve swore I read a post saying some guys IT department confirmed the problem was a security file needing updating. It was probably two weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure the torch will not have any BES problems for almost all the other users.

09-07-10 06:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/em...-torch-514969/

Nm found it and sorry for any mis information. I read it fast and it was more to do with RSAsecurid than bes. But here is the thread for those who want to read it

09-07-10 07:03 PM
    I have one on BES. Depends on what server version your company is running mainly.

09-07-10 07:07 PM
    I have one on BES. Depends on what server version your company is running mainly.

We are using v5.0, but I don't know if we have the latest service pack installed. Care to share the one issue that you have found with BES and the 9800?

Thanks in advance
    09-07-10 07:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/em...-torch-514969/

Nm found it and sorry for any mis information. I read it fast and it was more to do with RSAsecurid than bes. But here is the thread for those who want to read it

Thanks Thanontos!

The link actually gives me some confidence that BES is fine.
    09-07-10 07:37 PM
    I purchased my torch the August 12th. Using DM 6.0 did a device switch from my 9700. Enterprise Activation completed without a hitch.

Upgraded to OS version .214 yesterday again using DM 6.0. EA completed fine.

Everything syncs OTA fine (Outlook mail, Calendar, Tasks and Memos).

09-07-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD