Found the GM of iOS 4.1 somewhere and installed it. Seem the proximity sensor issue is fixed. Before, if I held the phone a certain way to my left year in bright sunlight, I could get the screen to light up. I tried it several times today, but can't get it to do it no matter what. So those of you with proximity sensor problems, it seems good now with the new update.

I also took a couple of photos to check out the HDR thing. It seems to work real well if you have bright and dark objects in the same photo. The main drawback I see is that it takes time. With HDR turned off, you can take photos as fast as you can tap the screen. With HDR on, it takes a few seconds to save the photo.

I looked at Game Center, but I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to do yet since I don't know anybody else who has 4.1 on their phone yet. Seems like you invite people to play games with you or something like that.

Supposedly, there's other fixes, but I never had issue with bluetooth, so I can't tell whether they fixed it or not. On a related note, I no longer have an iPhone 3G to test it out on to see if performance is any better.

Though I'd just give you guys a heads up on what to expect.
    09-07-10 11:45 AM
    Good info Roo, thanks for the heads up.
    09-07-10 04:19 PM
    Tomorrow is the date right?
    09-07-10 06:02 PM
    New to iphone here..How do i get the update?
    09-08-10 09:02 AM
    you plug in to Itunes..click check for update. if it's available it will prompt you to install it
    09-08-10 09:29 AM
    Ummm i have never done this before...I got itunes up but it says coming soon for the update...ummm...Anyone did i miss something?
    09-08-10 10:03 AM
    Ummm i have never done this before...I got itunes up but it says coming soon for the update...ummm...Anyone did i miss something?
    No...it's not live yet. The release is scheduled for today. Sit tight.
    Oh...you need to access iTunes from your computer, not online. The "coming soon" message is on the website. Install iTunes on your computer.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 09-08-10 at 10:14 AM.
    09-08-10 10:10 AM
    Seems like the power on time has increased with this version
    09-10-10 11:59 AM
    Is it me or the signal strength meter shows less bars than 4.0.2. It reminds me of the original iphone.
    09-10-10 01:51 PM
    I got it, waiting for more games to become compatible with Game Centre.
    09-10-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD