ok so a couple of questions. why is this still in the rumors section? we know its coming... sooner if not later.

also any word on price range, carrier release, or release dates. anything at all. im hoping for a tmobile release by the end of 2010. I NEED an upgrade from my 8900.
    09-06-10 11:35 PM
    ok so a couple of questions. why is this still in the rumors section? we know its coming... sooner if not later.

also any word on price range, carrier release, or release dates. anything at all. im hoping for a tmobile release by the end of 2010. I NEED an upgrade from my 8900.
    It's an unannounced device....hence still a rumour!
    I too am waiting, very impatiently. Can see it being around the same price as the 9700 was when new, but only time will tell.
    All evidence here in the UK points to a Sept/Oct release, with Vodafone seeming to be at the front of the queue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 01:32 AM
    I think I may get a 9780, would much prefer an updated 9000 sized device but I don't think that's gonna happen, Sadly.

An October release is good, but not if it's only available from Vodafone for a short while.. I'll probably buy a sim free one. An early Xmas pressie from me to me

09-07-10 06:12 AM
    Good god yeah...it'll be a generic, sim-free one for me too. If CPW don't get it soon after Voda (or are ridiculously priced when they do) then I'll be scouring the tinterwebs for deals.

09-07-10 06:35 AM
    With the holiday season being so close to the rumoured release I'd hope that Voda only has a very short exclusivity window.

They get an exclusivity period on almost every damn phone now. Kudos to them for managing that but it's bloody annoying

09-07-10 06:51 AM
    Hi

The 9780 seams (at least to me and I could be wrong) to be a minor upgrade to the 9700. I know it will be more powerful and come with os 6 but I am sort of thinking its going to be a bit like the upgrade from iPhone 3G to 3GS in that yes its more powerful but in some ways is just the same handset relaunched.

Of course I will be still looking for someone who wants to sell me their unwanted upgrade.

Alex
    09-07-10 08:25 AM
    hope it's released before the VAT increase in Jan 2011 or i'll go for the Nokia N8.
    Last edited by samosa; 09-07-10 at 01:35 PM.
    09-07-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD