Hello!
    I'm excited to have finally registered an account here at CrackBerry!
    I'm not unfamiliar with this forum. I read reviews regularly, and have read a few threads on the forums.
    I'm also looking into buying a Blackberry Bold 9700, even though I'm a sophomore.
    I have read that it is an excellent device, with a wonderfully intuitive hardware design and operating system. I want a Blackberry so I can integrate and combine all of my data, online activity, and manage my tasks and activities (I have quite enough of these ).

So, my questions are:

"Why did you need a Blackberry?" and "Why did you want a Blackberry?"

Thanks,
    Johnny
    09-06-10 11:11 PM
    Because at the time it satisfied my mobile needs, sadly that's no longer the case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:22 PM
    I need a smartphone that was quite secure and reliable for my professional reasons.

I did my research for sometime before choosing a BlackBerry, I looked at a lot of different smartphones but the BlackBerry 8330 Curve stood out as a great entry smartphone for me and then upgraded to the BlackBerry 9630 Tour.

I absolutely love my Tour but like always its a love/hate relationship at times but majority its pure love. I would suggest doing research about what you tend to use the smartphone for and what you want out of it.

I'm done, have a great day.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-06-10 11:44 PM
    It all started with the Pearl, I loved it.
    I was going to get it, then I got an 8330, from there I went back and ordered a S1.
    The store where I bought my first BB, Circuit City, is now closed but I still see it a lot and I remember the happy feeling I had inside when I walked out with an 8330!
    Here I am, went Android and came back, and i'm still happy!
    09-07-10 12:16 AM
    I live in the US. My brother lived in the UAE until recently now Greece. My parents, sister, nephews, aunts etc etc live in the UK. I have friends in a fair few other countries.

BBM keeps me connected in ways that other tools do not.
    09-07-10 12:17 AM
    well ima simple person i just need a phone that can make calls has great battery life emails and blackberry does that for me.

i dont need a iphone droid or evo i have a cpu to do all that web browser downloading games etc.

my first blackberry was a pearl then a storm then storm 2 tmobile bold 9700 now finally a bold 9650.

im not buying no more berries for awhile until a see one that's really worth buying the bold 9650 is good for me.

phones should just be a phone and that's it not a toy i think people forgot what a phone is meant to do.
    09-07-10 12:29 AM
    I couldn't get a hold of the IPhone 4 so I got a blackberry instead. I really needed a smartphone before school started. I got the Pearl 3g 3 days ago and can't put it down. Needless to say, I'm happy with what I got.

09-07-10 12:50 AM
    Needed a big screen that clicks.
    09-07-10 12:53 AM
    I 'm brand new to the BlackBerry world. It's exactly two weeks ago I bought my Bold 9700.

I live in Denmark - and it's NOT BB country at all. Most people have never heard about it. But I was inspired by another member of a Danish forum, who has lived in England and had owned a BB for years.

The first week was not an entierly happy one. I struggled a whole lot to get Danish text input. Very important, as we use the funny letters �, � and �. App World didn't work in Denmark, my software updates was unsuccessful and when I found out there was other ways to get apps (CrackBerry for example ) - I messed that up as well. Untill I found out that the .exe files was called Axl.

I was THAT close to chucking it out of the window! But then suddenly it all fell into place ...

And now I'm absolutely thrilled with it! And hard at work getting to know it from A-Z.

I also have an iPhone. And to me they are perfect partners in crime. The iPhone for the fun part of my life and BB for the no nonsense part ... althougt I find more and more fun things to do with the BB ...

Thanks for listening

pix
    09-07-10 01:05 AM
    Am I weird if I find the Blackberry OS, somewhat appealing? I don't know why but I just enjoy going through stuff in my phone. I pick it up for no good reason and fiddle with it.

When I had a Nokia E63 a year ago I couldn't be bothered to do anything on it.
    09-07-10 01:23 AM
    I ended up selling my droid and storm 2 for cash and thought about getting a feature phone. That idea died quick so I just got an 8330 to hold me over for awhile, but dont think Im going to give this phone up anytime soon due to its so **** reliable.
    09-07-10 02:38 AM
    Why did I get a BB? Well being an avid Entourage fan, Ari Gold has a BB, and Johnny Drama has an iPhone. I got the BB so I can be like Ari.

And it works! I swear excessively, come up with ridiculously amazing insults, have a hot wife, and make tons of cash.

Find out what you NEED out of a device, and find a device to match those needs.
    09-07-10 02:50 AM
    At first, BBM to talk to my now ex-girlfriend. It was easy, simple, and data plans on T-Mobile weren't that expensive at the time. I think BBM is one of the major pluses of owning a BlackBerry and I'm sure a lot of people use a BlackBerry just for that.

I still use it primarily for messaging, but I do web browsing more often and use certain apps as well. Plus, they just look really nice and sleek.
    09-07-10 03:06 AM
    I first got it for it's instant email delivery, that's all I knew about blackberry at the time. I've learned a lot about them since then and other features have been a godsend, especially BBM. I think I will be a blackberry user for life as I enjoy just as much using my 9700 or the old 8707v
    Might not have the fastest browser( sort of fixed by opera or bolt browser) but it has such an efficient way of doing things with all the shortcuts and I think no other platform will ever be close to it. I remember having to go trough 3-4 menu options to get something done on my Nokia E61, Blackberry can do it with a single press of a button.

09-07-10 04:10 AM
    I 'm brand new to the BlackBerry world. It's exactly two weeks ago I bought my Bold 9700.

I live in Denmark - and it's NOT BB country at all. Most people have never heard about it. But I was inspired by another member of a Danish forum, who has lived in England and had owned a BB for years.

The first week was not an entierly happy one. I struggled a whole lot to get Danish text input. Very important, as we use the funny letters �, � and �. App World didn't work in Denmark, my software updates was unsuccessful and when I found out there was other ways to get apps (CrackBerry for example ) - I messed that up as well. Untill I found out that the .exe files was called Axl.

I was THAT close to chucking it out of the window! But then suddenly it all fell into place ...

And now I'm absolutely thrilled with it! And hard at work getting to know it from A-Z.

I also have an iPhone. And to me they are perfect partners in crime. The iPhone for the fun part of my life and BB for the no nonsense part ... althougt I find more and more fun things to do with the BB ...

Thanks for listening

pix
    I had the eact same thing with my BB eperience hehe. Im from sweden and blackberry is likea myth here. Everyone heard of it, but not many have seen it So i also went through all the trouble to get swedish ��� etc and when i found crackberry it all came together. Now i really love the phone. I only went for a 8520 but as i listen to music a lot and also cannot use BIS/bes at the moment its a few things i cannot use on my bb. I mainly write sms/call/listen to music and use a few more applications , so for me its all perfect!
    I got my wife the bold 9700 and i can help her out with that now.
    So BB all the way hehe...
    /sol.
    09-07-10 04:28 AM
    I had an Iphone 3G for 14 months and then it broke 3 times in the next 2 months. I decided I wanted a smartphone that was reliable and had a battery that lasted. Looked at all the touchscreen android devices but thought there batteries would last as short a time as my iphone.

I considered buying the Storm 2, but didnt like the whole clicky screen thing so brought myself a Bold 9700 and have never looked back!!
    09-07-10 04:43 AM
    I originally got an 8330 on AT&T when I was 17. It was my first smartphone but I primarily got it to have a full QWERTY keyboard to text on. After going through 3 replacements (under warranty) in a month my pops bought me a Bold 9000 and I adored that phone. I sold that 6 months later and bought an iPhone 3G which I had for a year or so. I switched to a Droid for a few months because I liked my girlfriends MyTouch 3G but I eventually went back to an iPhone. I bought an iPhone 4 on launch day and had it up until a week ago when I sold it and bought a Torch which I am very happy with. The form factor is kinda odd for me so I'm giving it to my girlfriend and buying a 9700 and going back to my roots. After making the smartphone rounds I still love BB and will stay with them for the foreseeable future. I will be buying the new iPod Touch so I can keep playing Angry Birds and be a CrackBerry addict.
    09-07-10 04:45 AM
    I wanted a phone I could do email and messaging on with a keyboard and do the occasional web surfing. Blackberry seemed to fit that nicely. I've had mine for 6 months and am still happy with my purchase.

09-07-10 04:47 AM
    I wanted to simply try something else other than a touch screen device. I am an Ex-Windows Mobile user, proud to be one too. I miss the apps I used to have, since my device died on me (never turns on, never charges, DEAD as a doornail), I didn't have enough cash to get another one, so I went with blackberry and I have been happy since then. It does all that I want it to.

09-07-10 05:03 AM
    Why did I get a BB? Well being an avid Entourage fan, Ari Gold has a BB, and Johnny Drama has an iPhone. I got the BB so I can be like Ari.

And it works! I swear excessively, come up with ridiculously amazing insults, have a hot wife, and make tons of cash.

Find out what you NEED out of a device, and find a device to match those needs.
    This made me chuckle...
    09-07-10 06:12 AM
    When I first got mine (Pearl) the main reason was I liked the way it looked!

I have only had Blackberry since then & couldn't imagine going to a different handset. They provide everything you could possibly want in a handset & only get better & better!

I remember when I first got mine & people didn't have a clue what it was!!!
    09-07-10 06:21 AM
    I've had smart phones since the Treo 600, then the 650, then the Centro. I switched jobs and needed to get a World Phone from Sprint. The Blackberry 8830 was a huge step up from Palms OS at the time and the promised Web OS was still Vaporware. In that time from my switch my office has basically made BBM a requirement for communications (through BIS not BES). I switched to the Tour to get the camera once it was available plus the additional GSM frequencies capabilities. The build quality is not great and I'm on my third. Still not happy about the low mic issue which is an obvious QA issue with RIM. If I could/can get BBM on Droid and Sprint World Phone (And Epic with World Phone Capabilities) I'd be gone.
    09-07-10 06:27 AM
    My 9700 does everything I need. It's the most reliable phone I've owned, AND it can be used to make phone calls!! I know, a crazy concept to some, but being able to use it as a phone is important to me.

09-07-10 07:09 AM
    First off, congratulations on your new BB.

I got my first BB (a curve 8330) about 2 years ago, and the Tour when it came out. My reasoning for the Curve was I wanted push email, messaging, and a keyboard. The reason for the Tour was because it was Rev A vs Rev 0 for the Curve (since even dumbphones at the time Curve was being made were Rev A).

I think Tour is the end of the line for me as far as BB goes. I've realized I need better web browsing capabilities than even OS 6 with webkit (which Tour won't get anyway), more entertainment value and still have phone and messaging capabilities. RIM just lags too far behind everybody else right now, in hardware and software for me to talk myself into staying.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-07-10 at 10:57 AM.
    09-07-10 10:54 AM
    I have fluctuating hearing loss and frequently can't use a telephone to communicate. My blackberry gives me the opportunity to contact or be contacted immediately by either sms, email, or bbm.
    09-07-10 12:47 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD