Does anyone use a 3rd party app for storing multiple passwords on their BB. I use multiple usernames and passwords. I would like to store some of these on my BB. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    09-06-10 09:55 PM
    I use Software for BlackBerry: SafeWallet Pro just because I won a copy of it a while ago. I just used the Password Keeper that comes on the Blackberry before that.

The app is kind of expensive but it does work very well and is easy to use. It does have a desktop program that you can setup to sync with your phone when you run the BB Desktop Manager. I really do like the app, has many ways to customize what fields to use when creating an entry. I don't need a password keeper that bad to warrant me purchasing this, but if you need it then I think it could be worth the money. I did see it on sale the other week...
    09-06-10 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the superfast reply. I will check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 10:24 PM
    yes, I bought and swear by Ascendo Datavault. Not cheap but can sync on both laptop and blackberry. So, built in backup and I believe much higher security than built in password application.
    09-06-10 10:29 PM
    yes, I bought and swear by Ascendo Datavault. Not cheap but can sync on both laptop and blackberry. So, built in backup and I believe much higher security than built in password application.
    I use Datavault as well. Expensive, yes, but one of the apps that I could not live without.

09-07-10 07:12 AM
    I use KeePass (KeePass Password Safe) - it's free, can break items into categories (I have sections to keep work and personal passwords separate), and can also have data stored on SD card, if you want.

They also have a desktop version of the app, so you can access the passwords from PC as well as BB. You can sync between the two (with DM5), or just copy the file from SD to use on PC. I like the option of being able to backup my password file on PC, just in case.
    09-07-10 08:55 AM
    I also use KeePass for the same reasons as Xopher.
    09-07-10 11:11 AM
    I save them on a txt file on my microsd card :$
    09-07-10 06:55 PM
    I use SpashID

Good Luck
    09-07-10 07:41 PM
    Wow. thanks so much for all the awesome options. I will definitely use one of these when I choose on the fits my needs. Kudos to all for the replys.

mike
    09-07-10 09:27 PM
    I have been using Datavault from Ascendo for several years. It has stored my personal information securely through several device upgrades (8703, Curve, Tour) and now on the touch screen 9800 Torch. It has been a reliable application on all my devices. I must admit that I also like the Desktop interface on my PC as I use the desktop daily in helping to recall many passwords for the various systems that I have access to, credit card numbers, etc. In addition to a great easy to use product for securing personal information, the support from the Ascendo staff has been great. They promptly reply to my questions and they also listen to input for enhancing their tool in future release upgrades. You can't go wrong in choosing this application!
    10-16-10 11:29 AM
    I use KeePass (KeePass Password Safe) - it's free, can break items into categories (I have sections to keep work and personal passwords separate), and can also have data stored on SD card, if you want.

They also have a desktop version of the app, so you can access the passwords from PC as well as BB. You can sync between the two (with DM5), or just copy the file from SD to use on PC. I like the option of being able to backup my password file on PC, just in case.
    Ditto on KeePass, set it up and you'll wonder what you did before it!
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 10-16-10 at 12:01 PM.
    10-16-10 11:59 AM
    +1 for Ascendo DataVault.
    10-17-10 09:21 AM
    Keepass has replaced all other password tools on the handheld and the desktop. It is a fantastic application.

10-17-10 10:50 AM
    I've used eWallet on my Windows Mobile device for years and once I moved over to BlackBerry, have been using that version as well. It syncs perfectly with the desktop app and is the best I've used. I've tried some others mentioned in this thread (Ascendo and Splashwallet) but eWallet beats them hands down IMO.
    10-17-10 12:22 PM
    I'm curious, why aren't people just using the built-in password manager app? It stores usernames, passwords, URLs, and can randomly generate passwords, and is password protected itself... I'm not trying to insult anybody, but I am curious...
    10-18-10 07:27 PM
    There is no desktop equivalent for the built-in Passwordkeeper. It is nice to be able to access the data (copy/paste) on the desktop as well as on the BB. Also easier to use a full keyboard for some data entry - I generally buy a product on my desktop so I can quickly copy info from the web-receipt into a desktop keeper.
    10-19-10 11:12 AM
    Its KeePass for me also.
    Its open source software, free, and it just plain works.
    It syncs with the BB app and I have the same passwords on my desktop and my BB.
    10-19-10 03:31 PM
    I'm curious, why aren't people just using the built-in password manager app? It stores usernames, passwords, URLs, and can randomly generate passwords, and is password protected itself... I'm not trying to insult anybody, but I am curious...
    i use the native/built-in password keeper. it serves my needs just fine.
    10-19-10 06:06 PM
    If you lose your BB, you lose access to that file until you get a replacement phone. If you switch to a non-BB phone, you lose access to your passwords. Not a good option.
    10-19-10 11:37 PM
    If you lose your BB, you lose access to that file until you get a replacement phone. If you switch to a non-BB phone, you lose access to your passwords. Not a good option.
    Amen cavingjan,
    This is the main reason I stuck with SplahID which I was using with my Palm devices.
    Good Luck
    10-20-10 12:11 PM
    I also use DataVault, I bought it last year at a reduced price. I've not tried others so I can't offer a comparison, but it does the job well!
    10-20-10 06:13 PM
    I haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has already been mentioned. I think the be all end all to password managers is:

LastPass - Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management

Please, please, please - I am begging the entire community to check this product out because it is so freakin' awesome. I cannot live without the for the desktop and my blackberry. It is hands down the best password manager out there. It has SO many features for us power users, and of course, there is a BB client.
    11-22-10 11:27 PM
    Yeah, but I prefer free methods, especially for something as simple as a password keeper.

11-22-10 11:42 PM
    $12 is a small price to pay for how fully featured it is. what you are really paying for are the features for the desktop. if you don't care about that, than I agree, go with something else that is free.
    11-22-10 11:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD