whats the deal with BBM is it worth using if none of my friends have BBs? is that all there is to BIS ive got plenty of Email addresses now, but since im forced to pay for the service i might as well make an effort to use it, LOL sorry for my newbisity.
    09-05-10 09:40 PM
    BBM is the only feature that RIM has that it can claim is special. I keep watching my BBM contact list shrink as everyone goes android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 09:43 PM
    It takes 6 megs of your memory to have it installed, if you dont have friends that use it, id get rid of it. I asked that very question just today in another thread. Its only good for people who have and use a blackberry.
    09-05-10 09:51 PM
    ya i scraped it on day 1 just wondering if im missing out on something, but i can think of 20 other apps above it on my priorities list.
    09-05-10 09:53 PM
    It's a big app (but only about half of what Wargears said) if you only install your native language).

It doesn't do much considering how heavy it is, but at the same time if you do know other BB users and they're in a different country, you won't incur international texting charges that may apply for SMSing them.

I only have 3 contacts on mine, and I can just as easily text them since they're both in my country. I wonder sometimes why I bother keeping it on my device.
    09-05-10 09:55 PM
    It's a big app (but only about half of what Wargears said) if you only install your native language).

It doesn't do much considering how heavy it is, but at the same time if you do know other BB users and they're in a different country, you won't incur international texting charges that may apply for SMSing them.

I only have 3 contacts on mine, and I can just as easily text them since they're both in my country. I wonder sometimes why I bother keeping it on my device.
    Awsome! I didnt know I can scrap the other langs and make it smaller. Do I use Maxmem to do that or is there another way?
    09-05-10 10:04 PM
    I just use BBM for the groups. Meet lots of new people or chat about stuff you like.
    09-05-10 10:43 PM
    Its not the same as texting though. BBM is basically IMing. Also with BBM you can send a pic, video, files, etc without a size limit. Plus you can have group chats, which you can't in SMS. If none of your friends have a BlackBerry then you should just uninstall it, but I think its a great app if you do have a good amount of friends with a BlackBerry. People even add other random people to chat with. Since they don't have your number they can't call you, and if they bother you you can delete them. Like hondateg91 said, you can meet a lot of new people. One more thing is at certain events they have BBM barcodes, which if you add them you can win free stuff. I think BBMing a person that does have a BlackBerry is better then texting, but that's just my personal opinion.

Last edited by drb0y; 09-06-10 at 12:18 AM.
    09-06-10 12:15 AM
    **** yea its worth it since we are all paying and using the service.
    09-06-10 12:19 AM
    Awsome! I didnt know I can scrap the other langs and make it smaller. Do I use Maxmem to do that or is there another way?
    Uninstall what you have, then reboot so there aren't any files for it on your phone first. Then get it direct from blackberry.com/messenger. The direct url will let you choose your language, so that others aren't installed unnecessarily.

I'm sure you can kill 'em off with a utility but in my opinion the delete, reboot, download method is easier - and it doesn't require a computer.

09-06-10 12:40 AM
    I have BBM friends in other countries. It is great because it does not cost anything to chat with them. International SMS is expensive.

BBM also lets one send files that are too big to send via email attachments. One can send files up to 6 MB using BBM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-06-10 12:58 AM
    Only if you have friends with BBM, other then that no special usage,its also a large file so depends on your priorities.
    Cheerzz

09-06-10 03:18 AM
    Since I have only a couple of friends that have BB I can't justify keeping it, maybe if they add more features and allow more flexable contacts I'll add it back.

09-06-10 07:37 AM
    You can use BBSAK to delete any of the functions you don't use, such as calendar, lists, etc. Look for the bbgroup cods.

09-06-10 08:02 AM
    It takes 6 megs of your memory to have it installed, if you dont have friends that use it, id get rid of it. I asked that very question just today in another thread. Its only good for people who have and use a blackberry.
    6 megs?!? Try 3, less if you delete the calendar.
    I like it for BBM groups, you can talk about whatever interests you with similarily interested people.
    Only a few of my friends have blackberrys, and the ones that do don't care enough to use BBM (one doesn't even have a data plan) but I use it a ton for the groups.
    09-06-10 11:18 AM
    If you don't have any friends who own BlackBerries, BBM is useless.
    09-06-10 11:20 AM
    It's almost 6 if you get it in AppWorld. 5.7 I believe, due to all the languages.

Between the app itself and the three contacts and their configurations, I gained 3.6MB by uninstalling it.

09-06-10 11:21 AM
    If you have people to chat with yes.
    09-06-10 11:38 AM

ok ill give it a try n see how it goes add me if u want
    09-09-10 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD