So anyways my screen has been lifting on my 9100 on the bottom left and right corners, I would like to send my blackberry in and get a new one but the one problem is i bought off kijiji from someone brandnew i got no recept and i was wondering if i would still be able to send it in for a warranty approved exchange or find out if the phone even has warranty. Can Anyone Help me out?

ShowBoy
    09-05-10 09:12 PM
    you have no where to send it, rim does not repair units and you did not get it from a carrier. you might be able to get insurance on it somewhere, pay a deductible and go that route but the easy way if you are mechanically inclined is to get the part and replace it yourself or open the unit up and see what the issue is. there are a number of decent vids on youtube of how to disassemble the device. I have to ask, just out of curiosity, if you are rogers why on earth did you not just get the device from them? then it would have a 1 year warranty. I have seen people in canada get devices from outside sources vs there carriers and have always wondered why since having a warranty is such a benefit. good luck.
    09-06-10 10:38 AM
    oh, wait a sec - I think rogers has something in place for people on a 3 year contract, they give out tokens for repair for out of warranty issues
    09-06-10 11:07 AM
    Well the device isnt branded-its black, and so far in canada only Bell has Black Pearl 3gs.

So i guess ill just re-sell it to someone willing enough to buy it.
    09-06-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD