Hey everyone! After a long development cycle, I'm proud to bring you all BDHP v1.1 for 9700! What does BDHP stand for? Best damn hybrids, period!

-----

This is for 9700 5.0.0.862 base.
    Includes 5.0.0.862/.884/.912/5.2.0.9/6.0.0.203 Files

Important: I recommend doing a backup and then wiping device before installing...

1) Remove any installed OS and install 9700 5.0.0.862
    2) Download BDHP v1.1 for 9700 Installer
    3) Run installer, and verify installation path is correct (see note below)
    4) Make sure to create a backup
    5) Wipe device using BBSAK or similiar tool (recommended)
    6) Run loader.exe and install
    7) After installation do a battery pull

Changelog:
    * Fixed manually add wireless network
    * Fixed help screen
    * Improved battery life
    * Less OS6 files, v1.1 has 48 OS6 files in total.

Note:
    You need to change installation path if you use an official release of 5.0.0.862, or have a x64 version of Windows. Default installation path is for users of x86 (32-bit) Windows and leaked build of 5.0.0.862

Installer Download Links:
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Deposit Files
    Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: BDHP v1.1 for 9700.exe
    zSHARE - BDHP v1.1 for 9700.exe
    Download BDHP v1.1 for 9700.exe for free on uploading.com

Special thanks goes to my beta testing team! Hope everyone enjoys
    09-05-10 12:20 PM
    bingoo!have to try
    09-05-10 12:41 PM
    we tirelessly worked to test these builds. this week alone i reloaded my bb about 5 times and i can say this is better then 1.0.

it idles great. processes are not overwhelmingly bogging the battery [if u accessed the escreen u would know] and it runs smooth as well.

the latest files are in this build [peep the 9670 6.0.0.203 & 9300 5.0.0.912 files]
    the 9100/9105 .884 files help with overall optimization of device so it will run a little quicker with less glitches. as well help optimize the battery life

hope yall enjoy. we will continue to build and better db's hybrids!
    Last edited by Suprah; 09-05-10 at 12:58 PM.
    09-05-10 12:56 PM
    Loading BDHP v1.1 right now. Been fun testing these builds, just been so busy the last week I haven't loading anything since v1.0 so I'm excited to try v1.1! From what I hear it's awesome as usual.
    09-05-10 01:02 PM
    As part of the BDHP beta team, I can say this build has been very thoroughly tested.

I am still in the early stages of running this hybrid. Historically, with other hybrid installs, my battery life would be awful for the first 48 hours or so - the "settling in" period - and MeterBerry would report outrageous discharge rates (sometimes over 10% per hour).

This hybrid has been running at "settled in" discharge rates right out of the gate. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs after a few solid days. I suspect it might have the same battery life as my personal favorite stock OS - 5.0.0.656.

Apps load very quickly - I noticed Google Maps in particular loaded lightning quick. That's not to say the maps load quickly - that is dependent on network coverage, etc. But the app itself just pops open.

Boot time is improved for me as well. I have never seen the 1 minute boot times reported by some users, but I have huge databases (7000+ appointments, 1200 contacts, etc.) so I was happy to see a boot time of 3:01, instead of my previous average of 4:05.

The build actually reduces the number of OS6 files used. That is by design. Many of the OS6 files bring marginal performance enhancements with a disproportionate penalty to battery life. The combination used here seems pretty close to optimum.

Overall I think this is a very promising hybrid, and it balances speedy performance with impressive battery life.
    09-05-10 01:09 PM
    Awesomeness! Sounds great, I will be downloading and install as soon as I get home from work. I'm afraid to install DM here.. so it'll have to wait 'til this evening.

I will report back with my findings!
    09-05-10 02:04 PM
    successfully downloading n now installing..

reinstalling wb7.2 (worst batt ) n installing bdhpv1.1

--bdhp v1.0 hve a good batterylife,courious bout this build--

1st reboot and now restoring data, this build is very responsive!
    tq to bdhp and THE GANK
    09-05-10 02:09 PM
    I love the work/effort put in, but to me it seems like its starting to get pointless even using hybrids if we're going to minimize the amount of OS6 files used to a bare minimum.

Running Willy v7.2 now, which has had the fastest boot time I've ever had on any hybrid, 1:55 (I've never truly hit under the 2 min mark until now). I should be trying out BDHP v1.1 very soon.
    09-05-10 04:56 PM
    Quick Q, if I use x64 w7 and have the official release .862, what path should I change it to? Just to Program Files (x86) or also to AppLoader and not Shared? Thx
    09-05-10 05:03 PM
    Quick Q, if I use x64 w7 and have the official release .862, what path should I change it to? Just to Program Files (x86) or also to AppLoader and not Shared? Thx
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.862_P5.1.0.175
    09-05-10 05:20 PM
    I love the work/effort put in, but to me it seems like its starting to get pointless even using hybrids if we're going to minimize the amount of OS6 files used to a bare minimum.

Running Willy v7.2 now, which has had the fastest boot time I've ever had on any hybrid, 1:55 (I've never truly hit under the 2 min mark until now). I should be trying out BDHP v1.1 very soon.
    I hate to break it to you, but hybrids were around long before OS6. The point of a hybrid is not to maximize the number of OS6 files on your device, it's to mix and match old and new files to create the perfect balance of performance and battery life, improving on a stock OS. So it doesn't really matter how many OS6 files I use, it still makes this a hybrid, and definitely doesn't make it pointless.

Now if you want to compare to willyboy's hybrids, his has roughly the same amount of OS6 files as BDHP v1.1, maybe even less. I also believe there was a hybrid released over at Driphter that has ZERO OS6 files, that must really be pointless then! Oh, and almost forgot - while most files are not OS6, most are newer than the 862 stock base. So this hybrid does have a slight point to it...but if you strictly care about number of OS6 files and nothing else, I recommend you check out my RBHybrids v3.0 build, which has the most number of OS6 files (to my knowledge) of any hybrid out there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 05:31 PM
    ^ What he said
    09-05-10 05:53 PM
    I'll chime in here and say that I like playing with hybrids because I like to tinker with things. I remember, oh so many moons ago, when I was trying to squeeze every ounce of performance out of my Treo 650 because I could.

If I wanted to drop a rock-slid OS on my phone and leave it at that, I'd install 656 and never look back. But I have a natural curiosity that drives me to optimize the tools I use.

My girl has a Curve (actually, it's her third due to various, uh, mishaps) and she never changes anything on it. Doesn't sync, isn't on BES, hasn't installed anything more than fb, and basically uses it as a business tool. Calls, email, SMS, some pics. That's IT. (yes, it drives me crazy, and yes, I have tried many times to upgrade her phone with the latest things that are interesting to me. But that's why I have my own phone )

That's cool for a lot of users. Those of us who install hybrids - shoot, those who even know what a hybrid is - are a little bit different from the average bear. We like to figure things out, and we're always looking for ways to improve.

And that is how we all improve. With desire and curiosity.
    09-05-10 06:06 PM
    I hate to break it to you, but hybrids were around long before OS6. The point of a hybrid is not to maximize the number of OS6 files on your device, it's to mix and match old and new files to create the perfect balance of performance and battery life, improving on a stock OS. So it doesn't really matter how many OS6 files I use, it still makes this a hybrid, and definitely doesn't make it pointless.

Now if you want to compare to willyboy's hybrids, his has roughly the same amount of OS6 files as BDHP v1.1, maybe even less. I also believe there was a hybrid released over at Driphter that has ZERO OS6 files, that must really be pointless then! Oh, and almost forgot - while most files are not OS6, most are newer than the 862 stock base. So this hybrid does have a slight point to it...but if you strictly care about number of OS6 files and nothing else, I recommend you check out my RBHybrids v3.0 build, which has the most number of OS6 files (to my knowledge) of any hybrid out there

I did not mean to offend you, but that still is my personal view. Every release claims "improved/better" performance or battery life (sometimes both) than the last. If that were true, we would have some type of super device by now. In reality, the hybrids get progressively worse sometimes. I've read multiple people say Willy v6.2 was better than v7, and I completely agree, v7 was junk.

Yes I know that Willy hardly uses any OS6 files as well, the 5.0.0.912 files are the main cod's in v7.2.

Regardless I'll still run hybrids for fun, and the possible performance enhancement, as stability isn't extremely important for what I use my 9700 for.

EDIT: Also yes, as you can see the Device under my name, RBH v3.0. Overall one of the best (if not the best) hybrid's I've ever encountered. Makes Willy look like a fool. Was running RBH v3 till 1-2 days ago. Great stability, under 2% drain, and great performance with the 100+ OS6 files.
    Last edited by BIOHazard87; 09-05-10 at 07:09 PM.
    09-05-10 06:51 PM
    Boot time for me is under 1.30 min, 20 apps running strong, and the battery drainer app SS, iddle pretty good for me.... Performance is always there I guess based on the 066 files... Quick and pretty responsive.... Idk if it can get better than this, but if it does then I'm pretty sure will be loading....and what db said, was very tested, at a point my install was broken, no led, nor screen/keyboard. If it happens to any1, is defetnely the 862 OS u using, @ least now I'm using the official OS, 862 files plus the hybrid and looks great!!!!!

09-05-10 06:54 PM
    Has anyone here tried iceandfire hybrids? I was using v6.6 and then moved on to v7 and I found the battery life on both of those versions is the best out there. I was using DBHPv1 earlier and it wasn't as good as iceandfire's.

Question is: Can any of you comfortably say that you've tried more than 1 hybrid and say this hybrid is best?
    09-05-10 08:20 PM
    can i use shrink a os with this hybrid? doesnt say im kinda new with hybrids
    09-05-10 08:58 PM
    can i use shrink a os with this hybrid? doesnt say im kinda new with hybrids
    I am very aggressive in terms of OS shrinking. Yes, you can use shrink-a-os with this hybrid.

09-05-10 09:20 PM
    good,im in the process of installing, so far so good
    09-05-10 09:21 PM
    good,im in the process of installing, so far so good
    Yes, as wu-wei said, shrinking is fine, but the general rule is, Don't remove OTA Upgrade.
    09-05-10 09:47 PM
    I just installed the OS, booting up is quite fast, but is it me or is the browser slower? And is the wifi doesn't lock as fast.. Well, I just installed it, so I'll give it some time. If it doesn't improve, I think I'll be going back to v1.0.
    09-05-10 10:24 PM
    wow this hybrid is awesome, fast bootup fast browser battery seems great after like 2 pulls and 5 reboots to setup everything good, im loving this

thks to the creator and the beta testers

keep em comming
    09-05-10 11:08 PM
    Has anyone here tried iceandfire hybrids? I was using v6.6 and then moved on to v7 and I found the battery life on both of those versions is the best out there. I was using DBHPv1 earlier and it wasn't as good as iceandfire's.

Question is: Can any of you comfortably say that you've tried more than 1 hybrid and say this hybrid is best?
    I have tried iceandfire hybrid's before, of course. I think it's important to sample your "competitors" work so I have an idea of what I'm "competing" against. Of course it's not a competition, but you get the picture - I need to see what I'm up against, to know if I'm on par with other hybrids or not. Now I can't accurately say my hybrid(s) are better than iceandfire, as I may be a little bias, but I certainly think this is right on par if not better
    09-05-10 11:30 PM
    hey guys.. im a nooobie here. this will b my first hybrid download... can someone help? i have vodaphones version of the os and i use x86 w7... how would i do this?
    09-05-10 11:52 PM
    Okay! After an hour or so of playing around with this OS (and an AWESOME OS6 theme, DreamTorch), I must say it's pretty good. Browser got snappier after a few battery pulls (thank goodness), and the whole thing feels rather good. Good to see that the ALT+CAPS+H shortcut is back as well! I'll report back with battery life as soon as that stabilizes a bit.

Good job BDHP team! Keep up the good work.

09-06-10 12:05 AM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD