I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Fascinate next week. I've been envious of my boss's Captivate ever since he picked it up, that SAMOLED screen is gorgeous.

And now there is talk about a BOGO or BOGA offer as well. Just trying to find out if it is an either or deal. If I can get a BOGO deal on the Fascinate, then I am going to add a line to get the second Fascinate for my wife (son needs a line anyway).

The Fascinate looks great in this unboxing vid:

09-04-10 04:01 PM
    this is very tempting that screen is gorgeous
    09-04-10 08:42 PM
    I hate Verizon for BOGO's...makes me sad. I would get the Fascinate if I had VZW. I just don't want to leave ATT for the simplicity of staying.
    09-04-10 10:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Fascinate next week. I've been envious of my boss's Captivate ever since he picked it up, that SAMOLED screen is gorgeous.

And now there is talk about a BOGO or BOGA offer as well. Just trying to find out if it is an either or deal. If I can get a BOGO deal on the Fascinate, then I am going to add a line to get the second Fascinate for my wife (son needs a line anyway).

The Fascinate looks great in this unboxing vid:

Funny! Someone that had an android wrote on a BB thread about how the phones were crap and RIM is going under and thats why verizon did the BOGO cause it was the only way BB sold. Just shows the verizon is a good carrier and they do the BOGO on more than just BB!
    09-04-10 10:16 PM
    Yeah, it's surprising that they are doing the BOGO/BOGA on a new release. They must be trying to push their sales numbers big time. I hope they have the inventory to cover it though. They ran into backorder status on their other Android phones like the X and Incredible.
    09-04-10 11:26 PM
    Yessur, I want me some Fascinate.

Waiting to pull the trigger with a NE2 on main account.
    09-05-10 12:33 AM
    Now that is a slick phone. Glad my trigger finger is steady or I would have an X. I must really consider because that is some nice phone tech that looka the besta.
    09-05-10 12:49 AM
    I'm really interested to see how the google/bing dynamic works out on this phone...
    09-05-10 12:55 AM
    that thing needs major verizon bloatware removed lol
    09-05-10 07:36 AM
    that thing needs major verizon bloatware removed lol
    I wont even activate it before rooting and doing some system cleanup
    09-05-10 11:33 AM
    All Verizon phones need bloated software removed rofl.
    09-05-10 11:50 AM
    I am seriously considering this phone but I question as to why they are launching it with OS 2.1 and not Froyo 2.2. I am sure it will get an upgrade soon but to me that just seems a little stupid. Perhaps someone in crackberry land could shed some light on the subject.
    09-05-10 12:03 PM
    Have the X so i wont get it. Was going to get this if it came out sooner. Not too thrilled about the 384mb RAM too. Unless it is 512mb?
    09-05-10 12:47 PM
    Have the X so i wont get it. Was going to get this if it came out sooner. Not too thrilled about the 384mb RAM too. Unless it is 512mb?
    Here is a video confirming 512mb ram.

Go to about 1:15

Quote from xda to explain how the confusion came about.
    That's 512mb flash RAM with 128 used by video.
    Video cpu uses 128k of RAM and they bundle that with the actual RAM of 384 to say 512. But all Galaxy S phones have only 384k of Ram to use.
    09-05-10 01:05 PM
    I'm actually going to avoid the Fascinate. From what I've seen, its not going to have Google Maps preinstalled (you have to download it from the Market), will not have the Google Search Widget, and the TouchWIZ overlay is frustrating.

In relation to the Google Maps and Google Search Widget, they opted to install Bing onto the phone instead. So you'll get Bing's map service, and I'm not too sure on the search widget.

I'm not too happy about that, and would like to have everything that Google offers in Android instead of Bing.
    09-05-10 01:27 PM
    woah in that video frost posted it said google is not a search engine and is not downloadable. your stuck with bing i guess unless rooted.
    09-05-10 01:49 PM
    I'm actually going to avoid the Fascinate. From what I've seen, its not going to have Google Maps preinstalled (you have to download it from the Market), will not have the Google Search Widget, and the TouchWIZ overlay is frustrating.

In relation to the Google Maps and Google Search Widget, they opted to install Bing onto the phone instead. So you'll get Bing's map service, and I'm not too sure on the search widget.

I'm not too happy about that, and would like to have everything that Google offers in Android instead of Bing.
    You could still use google seaech and maps. Both are in the market. I would consider the facsinate if I didn't have the droid x.
    09-05-10 01:55 PM
    Like the look of the device. Can't remember does it have a flash camera, if not that would be a definite deal breaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 06:45 PM
    woah in that video frost posted it said google is not a search engine and is not downloadable. your stuck with bing i guess unless rooted.
    Wtf that sucks. What also sucks is that the Vibrant and Captivate both get 16gb of internal memory while the Fascinate only gets 2gb. And thy removed Gmaps and search? Idk, the Fascinate looks like a sweet phone but it would be much better if they just ported the Vibrant over and made it CDMA.
    09-05-10 06:47 PM
    Here is a video confirming 512mb ram.

Go to about 1:15

Quote from xda to explain how the confusion came about.
    Oh nice. That's much better than. I'm still going to pass, can't afford another new device and I'm just going to wait for LTE.
    09-05-10 08:03 PM

and you will just go to the market and find what you are looking for. The OS is open source except for the google services so VZW had the choice of putting their partner on the phone rooting will solve that and finding the google serivces .apk online will help with that. Also there is an app call launcher pro which you can use as the home launcher instead of touch wiz. It looks more like Vanilla version of Android(no overlays).
    Last edited by Nerd.Kappa.Genius; 09-05-10 at 08:33 PM.
    09-05-10 08:28 PM
    Wtf that sucks. What also sucks is that the Vibrant and Captivate both get 16gb of internal memory while the Fascinate only gets 2gb. And thy removed Gmaps and search? Idk, the Fascinate looks like a sweet phone but it would be much better if they just ported the Vibrant over and made it CDMA.
    The only galaxy S that triumphs is the Epic because it is Epic. Well even thought the Vibrant and Captivate have 16 gigs of storage only 2 gig is available for apps and the other 13gig is for media and files just to clarify that.
    09-05-10 08:30 PM
    I am planning on getting it. Thought about the X but the size just never seemed right. I figure I can go to the X if the Fascinate disappoints. Going from the D1, I think I will be fine.

I do hope the battery is just as good as the D1 or better. The fact that a upgrade battery is available to is awesome. The small footprint of the upgraded X battery about made me jump a few weeks ago.

Bing does not bother me and google maps will be available in the market. I figure the Fascinate will do everything the D1 can. I do hope a 2.2 release or ROM comes soon. I am sure I will root and keep my addiction going as long as there are ROM's being developed.

Do you think it will be like the last few droid releases and be sold out? I have never waited outside for Verizon to open for a phone but I would like to get one...
    09-05-10 08:55 PM
    What do you guys get new phones every few weeks?

I'm fine till my next upgrade and by then the new next best thing will be fine.
    09-05-10 09:09 PM
    And then that will be considered old.
    09-05-10 09:13 PM
845 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD