Recently (for the last 2 weeks) I've had major issues with my screen. It'll not change the whole screen back after texting or emailing or using any app, it'll usually just make a square (while in portrait mode), then I have to move it into Landscape mode and then back just to get the full portrait mode screen. Same thing happens with Landscape now. And I never get the full menu's anymore...I only get like 1 or 2 choices and the rest are hidden. (I have to roll my thumb up and down just to get them to appear, or lightly tap where they'd be. I tried switching to main screen...no help.

This is really pissing me off.

Can't wait for late November 2010 for the Windows Phone and get rid of this piece of crap.

Can anyone help me with this screen issue?
    09-04-10 01:09 PM
    Happens to me too sometimes. I guess I am just complacent cause I just deal with it. Good luck with your new device come late November.
    09-04-10 01:14 PM
    Yeah...I can't wait...much faster and will have flash.... and wifi!

(not that the storm2 doesn't have wifi but still...)

does anyone know how to fix this thing?
    09-04-10 01:17 PM
    I've experienced the same issue several times. I just lock & unlock the screen, that usually fixes it.
    As for your menu issue, go to Settings, Screen/Keyboard and check what you have your Menu Style set to (Full Menu or Short Menu)
    Other than that, I don't know.
    I'd recommend going to the Windows Phone forums and look up the device you plan on getting, most people think the grass is greener on the other side but not always true . . . just saying.
    09-04-10 01:44 PM
    I've tried the lock & unlock thing. That worked the first time, but then the phone caught on and started acting like a p.o.s. again. Can anyone help me fix this thing. It's getting annoying!
    09-06-10 03:14 PM
    Could be your theme. Have you tried going back to the default theme to see if the problems persist? Other than that, you could call VZW tech support who most likely would transfer you to RIM.
    09-06-10 03:22 PM
    Could be your theme. Have you tried going back to the default theme to see if the problems persist? Other than that, you could call VZW tech support who most likely would transfer you to RIM.
    I have yes. I use KD's themes a lot (well his and a JD Designs - currently have KD's theme on there), but I switched to the original boring one...no help. Same crap.
    09-06-10 03:24 PM
    In July my original Storm died, and was upgraded to a "newer" Storm 2 (9550). This came with latest OS5 (vers. 5.0.0.713). If I recall correctly, your particular screen issue was a known issue and was fixed by a BB OS5 upgrade. You might check your version and update to latest, if not there. There may be a newer version of xCite available, as well. I use it (and LOVE it), and have used on both my Storms. My current version of xCite is 2010.02.02.1110.

I've not been seeing this screen issue since a couple of updates back on my old Storm. Don't see this on my newer Storm 2 either. Hope this is helpful info.

Now, since using the newer BB Desktop Mgr. 6, my Storm 2 seems a bit more problematic in other areas. Like not syncing my Ascendo and core updates that seem to install, but next time I open the BBDM, it shows updates for the exact same Core items EVERY time. This even after uninstalling (with prejudice) old BBDM and removing the required items from my Vista registry items. It now syncs my Ascendo but the Core update issue continues. I'm not a happy camper myself these days.

Perhaps some of this might help your issue. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you like the Windows 7 (whenever that comes out). Since Microsoft had so much problem with their previous attempt at a phone, I'm a bit hesitant about that one.
    09-17-10 11:30 AM
    Yeah...I can't wait...much faster and will have flash.... and wifi!

(not that the storm2 doesn't have wifi but still...)

does anyone know how to fix this thing?
    I think if ya whack it real good with a hammer that will solve the problem. you can then get your sloMoWinMo phone now and be happy.
    09-18-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD