my phone has both a default phone book and the ATT phone book. when I try to enter a new contact, the only choice I have is the ATT address book. My default phone doesn't show as a option. If I enter a new contact in the ATT book, it won't sync with the DM to my computer. However if id enter the contact in my outlook it appears the default phone book on the Torch. Is there a way to only have the default phone book on the phone. If I set the option to default phone book only. and try to add a new contact the the only choice I get is the ATT book.
    09-03-10 08:25 PM
    not sure if you can delete the "att" phone book, but you can try. Here's what I've learned: To remove it, go to Contacts and click Options. Then type rset, it will pop up with a screen asking if you want to wipe the contacts, select yes through all windows. You can then wirelessly sync or use desktop manager to repopulate contacts.
    09-04-10 12:05 AM
    I went to the ATT site, address book, and selected "do not sync.
    Went to "do not sync" on the Torch on the ATT tab. I did exactly what you told me, and when I re-synced from Office, only the default phone book appears, and when I add a new contact, the only choice is the default book. There is not even a option to use ATT on the menu key. So I think it's gone unless I re activate it. Yea!!! thanks for your help. Hope this helps others.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-04-10 11:27 AM
    Not sure about everyone else but I'm a bit paranoid of the ATT address book. I mean, I feel like my contacts will be spammed with ATT ads and junk...not somehing I wanna do to friends & family. Personally, its useless cuz I sync daily with Outlook. Has anyone else made use oF it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrypticAzn; 09-04-10 at 11:56 AM.
    09-04-10 11:53 AM
    not sure if you can delete the "att" phone book, but you can try. Here's what I've learned: To remove it, go to Contacts and click Options. Then type rset, it will pop up with a screen asking if you want to wipe the contacts, select yes through all windows. You can then wirelessly sync or use desktop manager to repopulate contacts.
    You saved me a big hassle. I had my AT&T address book all screwed up with multiple entries of each contact, so an online AT&T tech deleted the online address book for me. But, I was still stuck with the AT&T contact list on the the phone and the Torch only letting me put new contacts in the ATT Contact List instead of the default book.

I did what you suggested by typing rset and answering YES to deleting the AT&T phone book but answered NO when asked if I wanted to delete all entries in my default address book. It works perfectly now. MANY THANKS!
    09-29-10 03:17 PM
    This is helpful. I was hoping to find away to export all of my AT&T address book contacts out (to the default address book) prior to doing this, so that I'd be left with the same contacts, they just wouldnt be in the AT&T address book....but cant find a way to do this
    09-29-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD