My first week as a BB user, having come over from Treo.
    How can I save email attachments (or emails themselves) to my 2 Gig memory card? I get a lot of large files while on the road and don't want to load up my internal memory.
    07-16-08 09:04 PM
    It's been a while since I d/l'ed an attachment but doesn't it give you the option when you select to d/l it, where you want to store it?

Yes, if it's a picture for instance, you can retrieve the attachment and view it and from there you can select to save it and to where.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-16-08 at 09:20 PM.
    07-16-08 09:17 PM
    My first week as a BB user, having come over from Treo.
    How can I save email attachments (or emails themselves) to my 2 Gig memory card? I get a lot of large files while on the road and don't want to load up my internal memory.
    You dont. You can only store music, pictures, videos, and ring tones. Memory card on a BB is referred to as a "media" card. I'm a former Treo user myself and the memory card stored everything.
    07-16-08 09:30 PM
    It could be a PDF or something of that sort as an attachment. That could be saved to his media card.

Now, the emails themselves, no.
    07-16-08 09:32 PM
    Yuo can save to a folder on the BB that is stored on the internal memory of the BB but I can not find a way to save a Word file or spreadsheet to the external media memory card.
    07-17-08 01:56 PM
    I'm on a Bold and I get options to save different file types to my memory card or internal memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 02:00 PM
    BB Curve apparently does not support storing .doc or .xls or .txt files to the external card.
    08-05-08 02:32 PM
    If you have Docs to Go on your Curve, you should be able to save .doc attachments to your card
    08-05-08 02:37 PM
    BB Curve apparently does not support storing .doc or .xls or .txt files to the external card.
    4.5 bring the service to download the attachment, and then you could save on memory. Your provider maybe have to give some permissions

Movistar Ecuador / 4.5.x / with or without Documents to go --> we can do

important that unless you open the file this is not using space on your internal memory.

Dario
    BlackberryLatino.com
    08-05-08 02:42 PM
    You can dl to internal flash then move to media card, no?
    If not given the option to go straight to media card..
    08-05-08 04:16 PM
    You're sore about something

05-08-09 04:35 AM
    I was sore about something, yes. I was sore about the fact that my blackberry deletes all my emails on it's own, cause it a crappy product, and cause the designers couldn't figure out how to store more than music and videos on an external memory card. In fact it just happened again, about an hour ago, where it deleted all my text messages incoming and outgoing for no reason.

The moderator deleted my post, cause I wasn't kowtowing to blackberry like the rest of the crowd here. They also want me to change my screen name cause it's against the terms? I read the terms it doesn't go against it.

I say, let unpopular opinion stand. If I am wrong about something, the people will tell me that I'm wrong. Maybe I just have a faulty product. Who knows. Don't hide a flaw through censoring.
    05-08-09 08:21 PM
    Maybe you have a faulty device. You should look into it or maybe upgrade to a model that has more memory. I'm on the wap site so I can't see what model and OS version you have.

A BlackBerry will auto delete messages to free up memory if you keep hundreds of messages in your folders. RIM is putting more and more internal memory on the newer models. Yes, it would be nice to able to store more things on the external memory other than media files. I've used Palm and Windows Mobile devices but nothing compares to RIM in my opinion. There are over a million BB users on this site alone most of which probably feel the same way I do.

I'm not surprised that your post got deleted, that was a pretty harsh rant about how much BlackBerry sucks just because you don't like yours. I'm surprised that you didn't get royally flamed over it. The mod must have deleted it before anybody really got a chance to read it.

05-08-09 11:19 PM
    I was sore about something, yes. I was sore about the fact that my blackberry deletes all my emails on it's own, cause it a crappy product, and cause the designers couldn't figure out how to store more than music and videos on an external memory card. In fact it just happened again, about an hour ago, where it deleted all my text messages incoming and outgoing for no reason.

The moderator deleted my post, cause I wasn't kowtowing to blackberry like the rest of the crowd here. They also want me to change my screen name cause it's against the terms? I read the terms it doesn't go against it.

I say, let unpopular opinion stand. If I am wrong about something, the people will tell me that I'm thong. Maybe I just have a faulty product. Who knows. Don't hide a flaw through censoring.
    Sorry, but this sounds like user error. You might want to educate yourself about the effects of you allowing the free memory on the device to get low. You might also want to educate yourself about the security features of the BlackBerry device which play into the rationale for not having messages stored to the media card.

And as to the moderators, you are just plain wrong. You are absolutely permitted to post that you aren't satisfied and what you think is wrong with the device. BUT you are absolutely NOT permitted to be disrespectful to anyone including RIM. And perhaps your single device has a defect. (It happens.) But that doesn't mean that all the devices in that line are faulty. That's bad and incomplete logic.
    05-09-09 06:39 AM
    Hard to comment here because things have been deleted but if your device is bad exchange it or take it back oh I thought you had in for just a week or so. I see this thread was months ago. I have traded a lot of phones or maybe the term is upgraded to newer toys anyway.. Get another phone from your carrier or ebay without a contract then was it is activated you can sell the hated device.

Usually people that are unhappy with a product correct the situation in a week or so. Might I ask why you are torturing yourself with something so minor as a phone?
    05-09-09 08:21 AM
    Not here to rant, complain, or whatever, but I too am in my first week with a BB, and I too came from a treo...

I was spoiled with the endless things a touchscreen treo can do, but because it crashed so much and because I've not found a experienced BB user that wasn't happy with the system, I decided to try BB myself.

My problems / questions are:

I need to save excel files to my device (card or internal- I don't care) then have the ability to edit them frequently (bank ledger for one).

I have GridMajic which I am learning, but from what I've found, it won't "save" the file for use later. Is there a better program alternative to GM?

I also need to be able to save emails on my phone without them being auto deleted.

I also need the ringer to be louder....

Thank you,

Rick.D
    05-14-09 11:39 AM
    Not here to rant, complain, or whatever, but I too am in my first week with a BB, and I too came from a treo...

I was spoiled with the endless things a touchscreen treo can do, but because it crashed so much and because I've not found a experienced BB user that wasn't happy with the system, I decided to try BB myself.

My problems / questions are:

I need to save excel files to my device (card or internal- I don't care) then have the ability to edit them frequently (bank ledger for one).

I have GridMajic which I am learning, but from what I've found, it won't "save" the file for use later. Is there a better program alternative to GM?

I also need to be able to save emails on my phone without them being auto deleted.

I also need the ringer to be louder....

Thank you,

Rick.D
    What OS version do you have? Options/About third line down.

The ringer volume is a known issue on the 8830. Did you go into Profiles (icon that looks like a speaker) and set it to loud then open it again and scroll to the bottom and select Advanced and highlight Loud (Active) and press the trackball and from there you can change the volume, ringer, vibrate, and notification settings for everything.

You can save emails, to access saved messages open the Messages folder and press menu and select View Saved Messages. I wouldn't recommend saving too many and use up precious memory.

OS v4.5 comes with Docs2Go basic version. I'm not sure how much you can do with the basic version but you should be able to do what you need with the premium (pay) edition.

Heres a link for Docs2Go...Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-14-09 at 12:18 PM.
    05-14-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD