OMG!! I just finished playing with the Droid 2 from Verizon! And I'm in LOOOOOOVE!

I have the Blackberry 9700 from AT&T. lol

Bold 9700 has NOTHING on the Droid 2
    09-03-10 11:50 AM
    I love my Droid 2, it's a running machine...
    09-03-10 11:54 AM
    I went from a Storm 1 to Tour to Droid 1 to Droid X. Both my original Droid and Droid X kicks the snot out of any BB. A coworker who has refused to do anything but Blackberry made the switch to a Droid 2 last night. She loves her Curve but the trackball gave out. I helped her configure it this morning and she is amazed how sweet it is.
    09-03-10 12:27 PM
    I wanna get the Droid 2. The screen is so PRETTY! But I'm under contract with AT&T.
    09-03-10 01:56 PM
    Me:
    Samsung Smart Flip -> Treo 700W -> Samsung i760 -> Storm 1 -> Storm 2 -> DroidX!!!!

Never going back!!!
    09-03-10 01:57 PM
    i also switched from the storm 2, i didnt car for the original droid, but i lovvvve the droid 2
    09-03-10 07:03 PM
    i also switched from the storm 2, i didnt car for the original droid, but i lovvvve the droid 2
    I will always have love for the BlackBerry, if you're looking for a straight up communicating tool, they rule. If you want something with with all the bells and whistles, go Android...
    09-03-10 07:07 PM
    I upgraded from a Droid to a Droid 2 and I wouldn't ever go back. The keyboard being more centered and the powerful processor makes me all giddy lol.
    09-03-10 09:13 PM
    Just got my Droid2 today. Haven't put it down yet. Way better than my storm bahahah. Btw flash is amazing on a web browser. So worth it to see websites loaded exactly the way they are on your computer
    09-03-10 09:22 PM
    Android is straight up, a great communication tool. I wouldn't have switched if that need wasn't met first.
    09-03-10 10:16 PM
    I disagree. Messed around the the Droid 2 and the Epic. Sweet phones but they are cool for a few days. After, you miss the capabilites and messaging power of BB.
    09-04-10 01:08 AM
    I disagree. Messed around the the Droid 2 and the Epic. Sweet phones but they are cool for a few days. After, you miss the capabilites and messaging power of BB.
    Few days hmmmm messaging power hmmmmm
    09-04-10 02:16 AM
    I came from storm to droid 2 with some hesitation but now I'm loving it. I wish the battery life was better but I play with it non stop...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 06:00 AM
    haha don't think i'm gonna be in the same boat...3 battery pulls a day on my Storm......think I'll stick with the Droid2. My BB experience has been terrible. I'll never be back
    09-04-10 08:20 AM
    I really played with the android os for a while and I was disappointed.... bb just has things that can't compete on blackberry and every time I left I came right back to blackberry because they're the only ones that have the things I use everyday.
    09-04-10 08:23 AM
    i can do everything on my droid x that a blackberry can do =/
    09-04-10 08:42 AM
    Please can someone help me. I am looking at trading in my BlackBerry Bold 9650 for the Droid 2. Any input either positive or negative would greatly appreciated.
    09-04-10 01:37 PM
    Please can someone help me. I am looking at trading in my BlackBerry Bold 9650 for the Droid 2. Any input either positive or negative would greatly appreciated.
    Go for it, the Droid 2 is awesome at multi-tasking. It's nice to be able to choose what keyboard you want to use, either tactile or touchscreen. Both are easy to type on, especially the tactile keyboard, you can pound out messages and emails. The browser is awesome, does flash, and the device speed is very nice. You will really like the features...
    09-04-10 02:27 PM
    Go for it, the Droid 2 is awesome at multi-tasking. It's nice to be able to choose what keyboard you want to use, either tactile or touchscreen. Both are easy to type on, especially the tactile keyboard, you can pound out messages and emails. The browser is awesome, does flash, and the device speed is very nice. You will really like the features...
    I have spent last few days doing the most extensive research I can do on the Droid 2. I love the look and feel of it. I love all the apps. I will prolly go for it. I like how you can customize it. The only thing I can't find is anything on the native calendar/calendar widget as this is perhaps the most important feature I look for in any device. Do you have any idea where I can find reviews, pictures and videos of this?
    09-04-10 04:01 PM
    I really played with the android os for a while and I was disappointed.... bb just has things that can't compete on blackberry and every time I left I came right back to blackberry because they're the only ones that have the things I use everyday.
    Mind giving some examples?
    09-05-10 01:13 AM
    Ha ha for real.
    Mind giving some examples?
    09-05-10 01:51 AM
    I love my Android phones, but there are a couple of things I really miss from my blackberry days (used a berry for eight years). The biggest things are auto text, spell check and the ability to place my email in folders. Auto text is the biggest...I use it extensively. Another thing I miss is email signatures. My Droid X does that now, but you can only have one...it can't be different for different accounts. This is where auto text would be handy. Setup "VV" to be your personal signature and "BB" your professional signature.

All that said, ultimately I prefer android, but blackberry does have some killer features that are missed...bigtime.
    09-05-10 09:45 AM
    The other thing I really miss about my blackberries is how they knew whether our but they were docked/holstered and you could set them to act differently based on that.

The mute button up top was nice as well.
    09-05-10 03:15 PM
    I agree, the D2 is a quite the machine!! I started with the D2 but ended up with the DX purely for the larger screen and touch keyboard (big thumbs, LOL).
    I really like the heft to the D2, felt substantial!!
    09-05-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD