This is by far the best OS released in my experience in terms of signal quality, speed, battery life, and web browsing.

Try it out for yourself if you wish.

T-Mobile_BlackBerry_Bold_9700_5.0.0.714.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

------------------------------------------------------
    After installing the file, navigate to:

C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research In Motion >>> AppLoader

Delete the file named vendor.xml

then run the apploader.

TIP: Always remember to create a manual backup of your phone's contacts, settings, etc, before you do this.
    09-03-10 07:12 AM
    What is it that makes this OS better than say...5.0.0.862? Just curious since I never used .714. Thanks.
    09-03-10 07:34 AM
    I don't advise using this OS. It has an SMS bug which can get really annoying. I don't know why you're trying to push this OS down everybody's throats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 07:50 AM
    I never used that OS and skipped it for 5.0.0.862 and love it, no issues at works great, good browser speed. All of my apps seem work very well too. All is well with the world of OS 5.0.0.xxx until of course we finally get the infamous OS 6 on the 9700 (fingers crossed)
    09-03-10 08:00 AM
    I don't advise using this OS. It has an SMS bug which can get really annoying. I don't know why you're trying to push this OS down everybody's throats.

I agree.... It's getting kind of old.
    09-03-10 08:20 AM
    Why did you make yet another duplicate thread about this OS again?

If only you searched...

09-03-10 08:28 AM
    This os is perfect great signal fast fantastic battery life i have had no problems with sms it is the best so far in my opinion
    09-03-10 09:43 AM
    I never used that OS and skipped it for 5.0.0.862 and love it, no issues at works great, good browser speed. All of my apps seem work very well too. All is well with the world of OS 5.0.0.xxx until of course we finally get the infamous OS 6 on the 9700 (fingers crossed)

Well if you got really lucky then you can stick to 862.

But people who are having problems with 862 should consider downgrading. That's the point Im trying to make
    09-03-10 11:00 AM

What SMS bug?

No SMS bugs whats soever here.......

At the end of the day, it's what works best for you.

I posted this thread just to give those who are having issues with 862 a better alternative
    09-03-10 11:01 AM
    Why did you make yet another duplicate thread about this OS again?

If only you searched...

First of all this is a new link that I posted. Much easier to download than the megaupload link posted earlier.

Second of all, I wanted to stress the fact that this OS exists for those few that are having problems with 862 like me
    09-03-10 11:04 AM
    Why the mention of Vodafone in the title?

.714 is a T-Mobile USA OS build, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Vodafone.

09-03-10 03:44 PM
    ooops thanks for noticing......typo....Title Edited
    09-03-10 04:06 PM
    ooops thanks for noticing......typo...Title Edited
    09-03-10 04:19 PM
    Had to many issues with this OS even being on tmobile and having a tmobile branded 9700
    1st was reception issues. Signal kept dropping and was very weak
    2nd was the messaging issue. When ever i would get an Email or sms/mms i was unable to open it through the unified inbox. Considering i have 5 email accounts set up through my blackberry this was a problem for me. I would have to go into each inbox separately which was a burden since i put them all into a hidden folder to minimize clutter.
    3rd was a bug that would cause all applications to stay open. Hitting the back key or end key wouldnt actually close the app and leave it running in the background. if i were to hit menu and select close it would not respond. I would have to constantly do battery pulls.

Definitely the worst OS i've encountered
    09-03-10 04:26 PM
    you have to press the BB button then choose CLOSE otherwise the app wouldnj't close thats normal......try reloading the OS and see man......T-Mobile are known for releasing sturdy OSes
    09-03-10 04:31 PM
    you have to press the BB button then choose CLOSE otherwise the app wouldnj't close thats normal......try reloading the OS and see man......T-Mobile are known for releasing sturdy OSes
    bb button = menu key. i've already stated what happens when i did that.
    This OS was garbage and the worst OS to date out of all the carrier releases and all the beta's.
    862 is way better than this. Haven't had any issues so far.

And Tmobile arent known for releasing sturdy OS's . The 1st OS they released for the 9700 also had SMS and messaging bugs. I believe tmobile only had 1 good release out of all the OS's they dropped for the 9700 and that was 586.
    09-03-10 04:43 PM
    bb button = menu key. i've already stated what happens when i did that.
    This OS was garbage and the worst OS to date out of all the carrier releases and all the beta's.
    862 is way better than this. Haven't had any issues so far.

And Tmobile arent known for releasing sturdy OS's . The 1st OS they released for the 9700 also had SMS and messaging bugs. I believe tmobile only had 1 good release out of all the OS's they dropped for the 9700 and that was 586.
    Well that is very bad luck for you, the majority of the people I knnow online on forums especially the PROs say differently.
    But at the end of the day, we post OSes, and it is for the individual to find out what's best for him by trial and error. I found this to be the heaven of teh 9700
    09-03-10 08:47 PM
    perfect so far, just no lock icon
    09-03-10 08:57 PM
    What SMS bug?

No SMS bugs whats soever here.......

At the end of the day, it's what works best for you.

I posted this thread just to give those who are having issues with 862 a better alternative
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/is...s-wtfo-522386/
    09-03-10 08:59 PM
    Well that is very bad luck for you, the majority of the people I knnow online on forums especially the PROs say differently.
    But at the end of the day, we post OSes, and it is for the individual to find out what's best for him by trial and error. I found this to be the heaven of teh 9700
    That's BS and you know it. The majority of Pros on your poll thread chose 862, and all said as you finally did here, the OS results are different for everybody.
    09-03-10 09:01 PM
    Haven't encountered that one on any of my 9700's.
    09-03-10 09:01 PM
    Same here, you are one of the pro's I was talking about BTW
    09-03-10 09:15 PM
    I had that issue when I had upgraded to .586. .714 actually cleared that issue up for my 9700.
    09-03-10 09:22 PM
    Glad to hear that!
    09-03-10 10:05 PM
    This is by far the best OS released in my experience in terms of signal quality, speed, battery life, and web browsing.

Try it out for yourself if you wish.

T-Mobile_BlackBerry_Bold_9700_5.0.0.714.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

------------------------------------------------------
    After installing the file, navigate to:

C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research In Motion >>> AppLoader

Delete the file named vendor.xml

then run the apploader.

TIP: Always remember to create a manual backup of your phone's contacts, settings, etc, before you do this.
    Wow, I thought I changed loads on BB more than I do my undershorts. Eventually I hope you will find a load that works for you and be happy.

Uness you are on BES where setting get pushed upon first registration, you just might also consider a device wipe and complete rebuild from scratch. You will be a$azed at just how many little issues will dissappear.

09-03-10 10:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD