Im seriously pondering going back to my 9700....I have an HTC Desire, rooted..CM6 etc...but the battery life is killing me!!! Oh and i have really good days or really bad days on that damn touch keyboard...anyone else in the same boat? How did you fight off the urge to switch back???
    09-03-10 02:27 AM
    I completely understand what you are saying. I have an EVO and it is amazing, but the battery life is horrendous. I think about going back to a BlackBerry device all the time. Its the little, less glamorous things that I am missing. The battery life, auto on/off, push notifications, convenience keys and keyboard shortcuts, keyboard, and being able to see the screen clearly in sunlight. If I had a choice right now between my EVO and a 9650, I might take the 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 05:31 AM
    Im seriously pondering going back to my 9700....I have an HTC Desire, rooted..CM6 etc...but the battery life is killing me!!! Oh and i have really good days or really bad days on that damn touch keyboard...anyone else in the same boat? How did you fight off the urge to switch back???
    I didn't fight it!!! I went back to my 9700 recently. The battery life on my mytouch slide was horrible. The only thing I miss about android is the fast, full rendering of web pages. Since I went back to my bold, I feel like a weight has been lifted. No freeze ups, reboots, get all my calls. It just always works. Plus its so much sleeker.

Remember. Os6 is coming so that should make the bold that much better!! Good luck!

09-03-10 05:31 AM
    Yeah, what is it with the screen. If I am in sunlight I can't see anything on the slide. Something they missed when designing the phones

09-03-10 05:36 AM
    im not switching back but im thinking about getting another blackberry just for school and still keep my droid x =/
    09-03-10 08:45 AM
    I didn't fight it!!! I went back to my 9700 recently. The battery life on my mytouch slide was horrible. The only thing I miss about android is the fast, full rendering of web pages. Since I went back to my bold, I feel like a weight has been lifted. No freeze ups, reboots, get all my calls. It just always works. Plus its so much sleeker.

Remember. Os6 is coming so that should make the bold that much better!! Good luck!

lol, you must be out of your mind or work for RIM..I had BB since 7700 series model and every single one, I had to do a battery pull every day. Lets not count how many time it frozed...your funny!!
    09-03-10 09:24 AM
    Idk, BB does have some less glamorous things about it that make it neat...
    09-03-10 10:06 AM
    I'm not fighting an urge that isn't there to begin with. I don't miss my 9700 at all. I don't miss the daily battery pulls, software glitches, or inability to maintain a decent 3G signal (or maintain one AT ALL). I have a Droid X and like most, the battery is usually gone at the end of the day with moderate usage. But....I have a charger here at home, another one at work, and another two in my car (a car charger AND extra wall charger I keep in the glove box). So as far as charging the device goes...I'm pretty much covered wherever I go. So I'm not worried about horrible battery life.
    Last edited by efn77mx; 09-03-10 at 10:24 AM.
    09-03-10 10:21 AM
    If only you guys had a Motorola Android device, you would not be getting such ****ty battery life.
    09-03-10 11:05 AM
    if the blackberry does a better job of meeting your needs then it's a no brainer in my book.

used blackberrys for 5 years and been using android phones for a little over a year. despite the less than spectacular battery life on my incredible, i have absolutely no urge whatsoever to go back to blackberry. there are ways to mitigate the battery life concerns and it's just not enough of an issue to deal with all of the blackberry shortcomings.
    09-03-10 11:18 AM
    I love being able to watch some pretty bad a$$ videos while I am at the gym doing cardio...I also like the camera on it...but the batt life seriously does suck baaaaad. A guy I know is signing up with Vodafone this weekend and will get a Sony E. Xperia X10 mini-pro I am gonna try that out and see how it goes.... if I get some great battery life outta it.....I might trade him.
    09-03-10 11:35 AM
    If only you guys had a Motorola Android device, you would not be getting such ****ty battery life.
    Motorola battery life is great.
    09-03-10 11:43 AM
    lol, you must be out of your mind or work for RIM..I had BB since 7700 series model and every single one, I had to do a battery pull every day. Lets not count how many time it frozed...your funny!!
    Wow, I hardly ever do a battery pull on my S2.
    09-03-10 02:16 PM
    Motorola battery life is great.
    The best for Android.
    09-03-10 02:57 PM
    I've got the extended battery in my Droid X, and with heavy usage I'm at 50% or better at the end of the day.

Most of the horrible battery stories are on HTC devices. They use **** batteries, the Incredible is only 1350 mAh, and they use power sucking amoled screens. It's not an Android issue, it's an HTC and hardware issue.

Get a Moto built Android, the build quality is higher and they don't die after 4 hours.
    09-03-10 08:00 PM
    Why dont you just buy a extra battery with a external battery charger you can usually get 2 batterys with the charger for around 10 dollars on eBay
    09-03-10 11:19 PM
    I have had my bold for over 2 months and I have yet to have to do a batt pull or have it freeze up. The new BB are not like the old ones for what its worth

09-04-10 12:50 AM
    I have had my bold for over 2 months and I have yet to have to do a batt pull or have it freeze up. The new BB are not like the old ones for what its worth

yepp more memory i guess doesnt cause the phone to freeze up and have u do a battery pull not to be mean but i dont believe this, when i had my bold i didn't even have major apps and it would just freeze up and boom battery pull
    09-04-10 02:03 AM
    yepp more memory i guess doesnt cause the phone to freeze up and have u do a battery pull not to be mean but i dont believe this, when i had my bold i didn't even have major apps and it would just freeze up and boom battery pull
    Believe it or not it's true. Only ever need to do a battery pull when apps are installed or uninstalled which is normal.. but not for every app.. some require a battery pull and some dont. My 8520 running os 5.0 never freezes and neither did it when i was running os 4.6.

Stop hating.
    09-04-10 06:02 AM
    Believe it or not it's true. Only ever need to do a battery pull when apps are installed or uninstalled which is normal.. but not for every app.. some require a battery pull and some dont. My 8520 running os 5.0 never freezes and neither did it when i was running os 4.6.

Stop hating.
    im sorry but i have to laugh at this one post why would i hate on a blackberry, a 8520 and a 9650 when i have the droid x???????? droid x stomps the dog life out of all blackberry's so how am i hating???? hmmm and your telling me that your memory dont drop when you use those apps?? and you shouldn't have to battery pull when you install a app thats pathetic. and BTW i stated earlier that i would go back to blackberry and keep android just because blackberrys are as simple as a calculator all you can do is message
    09-04-10 08:49 AM
    I've had my 9700 for 9 months. I don't have to do battery pulls. I don't experience memory leaks either.

09-04-10 08:57 AM
    Have never had to do a batt pull on my Android phone. Plus if one app acts up it doesn't lock up the entire phone, Android will just force close it and let you continue on.

Blackberry has a long way to go before they win me back full time. It's possible they can get there with one fell swoop, but I don't have a lot of confidence they can based on what we've seen with the 9800 and os 6 so farce. Maybe the S3 will be a competitive phone...
    09-04-10 09:01 AM
    Have never had to do a batt pull on my Android phone. Plus if one app acts up it doesn't lock up the entire phone, Android will just force close it and let you continue on.

Blackberry has a long way to go before they win me back full time. It's possible they can get there with one fell swoop, but I don't have a lot of confidence they can based on what we've seen with the 9800 and os 6 so farce. Maybe the S3 will be a competitive phone...
    i wish there was a thanks button because this was a good post
    09-04-10 09:13 AM
    ^ Thanks BBs still hold a sentimental value for me but it's like watching a struggling friend trying to find their way in life. Sometimes you have to just step back and let them work it out until they get their act together.
    09-04-10 09:31 AM
    I changed from Blackberry 9700 to htc incredible about month ago. I did buy two higher capacity batteries that are stock size but battery last the whole day. I do not miss the multipe reboots, truncated emails that could not be completely downloaded, small screen size when looking at web of the Blackberry. Doing tests sending myself emails they are sent and received very quickly. I do not do texting and do not really miss keyboard of the 9700. The incredible also capacity to install apps on the SD card and ability to backup apps using backup apps to the SD card also. To each his own but after three Blackberries the Android seems to work well for me.
    Doc

For those that have switched from Blackberry to Android-how do I edit the profile to erase the Blackberry PIN? Lame that I changed to new device but cannot figure out how to erase Blackberry PIN.
    Last edited by Doctor A; 09-04-10 at 10:08 AM.
    09-04-10 09:52 AM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD