Have heard so much about it but never used it on my BB. Is it, or is it not the best social networking app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:46 AM
    it is a really great app, it is worth the wait. the UI is easy to use and the ability to have multiple social apps in one client is a big plus for me
    09-03-10 01:00 AM
    It probably won't be for the 9700's OS as of the moment. Any date as of when it will be out?

09-03-10 01:16 AM
    I have been using SS for a year or so now on my 9700 and I have to say it is a great app and well, well worth waiting for if you use Twitter and Facebook. I even now use it for Foursquare more than the Foursquare app itself. The dark days of memory leaks etc are long gone.

Hang in there is my advice - you will be glad you did.
    09-03-10 02:29 AM
    Best social media app for BB OS by far. Been using it on my 9700 for a while now, can't imagine my berry without it.

09-03-10 04:33 AM
    Socialscope loads VERY VERY slow on my 9700. I just use with mobile web version of Facebook now.
    Edit: Oops! That was Social BEAT not socialSCOPE. total embarassment
    09-03-10 06:31 AM
    Well, I'm going to be going against the grain here. I get my invite, loaded SocialScope and used it for less than a week before deleting it.

I found it cumbersome, too many un-needed bells and whistles for someone that just wants to be able to update their FB status and check on friends status messages.

I was not pleased by the design of the user interface at all. It was ugly to me.

But, to each their own. You asked for opinions from those that used it. There's mine for what it's worth.
    09-03-10 06:48 AM
    I didn't like it, I gave one of my invites away and used SocialScope on my 9700 for less than a week as well.

I don't use FB so that was just a waste for me and I didn't like the UI one bit. Went back to UberTwitter.
    09-03-10 07:01 AM
    UberTwitter, and FaceBook through Bolt Browser (Full site, not mobile site) work the best for what I need.
    09-03-10 07:57 AM
    I hated it at first, loved it for a while, and then started noticing little things that made me hate it again.

The main social network I used with it was Twitter, because prior to this latest update, all you could really do was update your FB status and reply to others. Writing on walls required a trip to the mobile site-which it would seem this app was supposed to eliminate the need for.

I also can't stand how even if you log out, it logs itself back in, and starts notifying you again-particularly annoying if you have other social networking apps on your device.

Not really worth the wait IMO. I guess once you get the invite you'll see for yourself but there are other apps in the meantime that can probably do just as nice a job for you if not better.
    09-03-10 09:11 AM
    Yes. It does everything I need to do on Twitter and FB, including PMs now. I am about to disable my final FB e-mail notification. The interface is smooth and simple, not garish and flashy. I almost never look at Twitter on a PC, to the point that I forget it's actually a website. I use SocialScope pretty much exclusively. I started using it almost 2 years ago on my 8300, and it still works great on my 9700.

The Facebook app is and always has been a great big steaming pile of crap. It slowed my entire device down.

If you are Twitter-only, you may prefer a different client, but if you use Twitter + Facebook, Flickr, and/or 4square, SocialScope is what you want.
    09-03-10 09:13 AM
    Lets sound off in the correct spot the 3rd Party Apps Forum. Moving thread
    09-03-10 09:17 AM
    I used to be much more active on twitter, and I loved SocialScope.

One excellent new feature is the ability to mute apps like farmville, etc. in facebook.

That feature alone has me on the fence as to whether I'm keeping the fb app running or SocialScope. For right now I'm only using the fb app, but SocialScope will be reinstalled once I load the hybrid OS I'm beta testing.
    09-03-10 09:17 AM
    I also can't stand how even if you log out, it logs itself back in, and starts notifying you again-particularly annoying if you have other social networking apps on your device.
    I have never had that happen. I usually log out of SS before I go to bed every night, and I've never had it spontaneously log itself in. What version was that?
    09-03-10 09:21 AM
    I have never had that happen. I usually log out of SS before I go to bed every night, and I've never had it spontaneously log itself in. What version was that?
    After a reboot it will self start.
    09-03-10 09:24 AM
    Didn't live up to the hype to me. I use Twitter a lot and check Facebook often but Socialscope doesn't bring it together like I thought it would. I too think the interface doesn't look too good. I waited awhile for the invite, ended up getting it from someone else and is somewhat disappointed.
    09-03-10 09:30 AM
    The Facebook app is and always has been a great big steaming pile of crap. It slowed my entire device down.
    2 weeks ago, I would have agreed 150% with you on this.

But, I was testing something, hooked my BB up to my Windows 7 laptop and, for some reason, decided to let it SCAN and FIX my SD card. Normally, I just ignored that error.

Well, it found a folder called *\BlackBerry\FaceBook\ that has been on there for who knows how long (I copied the entire contents of my 2GB card from my 8300 to this 8GB card in my 9000, then just moved this card over.)

Anyway, Windows found errors in the files in that folder and deleted the files. This left the folder empty, so I deleted it.

Since then, FaceBook runs like a champ! It's as fast as any other program on my device. And, it has not re-created that folder again.

Just a word of advice for anyone who hates how slow the FB app can be and how it can seem to "Lock up" the device.
    09-03-10 09:31 AM
    Interesting. Confirmed SocialScope does indeed self-launch after a reboot. I don't think this actually bothers me at all, saves me the trouble of launching it myself. On the rare occasion where I might find the need to NOT have it running after a reboot, I can shut it down.
    09-03-10 10:28 AM
    Sadly I have not gotten the chance to mess around with SocialScope as much as I'd like to. I was reading my e-mail and saw the invite to SocialScope as my dad comes to my room to hand me my broken BlackBerry.. He was talking while driving and it slipped out of his hand and hit the pavement outside....

I have tested it some on my sisters 8330 and loved what I could do with it! I just wish I would get alerted when my friends poke me xD
    09-03-10 10:54 AM
    I have been waiting months for an invite so if anybody has one invite to give away. I will be more than happy to have it... I was even to a point of buying it but the deal fail through..PM me please!!!
    09-03-10 11:40 AM
    Interesting. Confirmed SocialScope does indeed self-launch after a reboot. I don't think this actually bothers me at all, saves me the trouble of launching it myself. On the rare occasion where I might find the need to NOT have it running after a reboot, I can shut it down.
    Thanks for the info everyone....guess I'll see for myself after I get the invite .

09-03-10 11:41 AM
    Could someone please answer a question that's been bugging me since I started using SS? What is the benefit of inbox message integration? I've tried it off and on, and when "on" it just clutters my messages folder with every post, notification, etc. that I can read when I'm in the app. I have to then delete the messages afterwards. I know I can select which options go to the inbox, but I still don't see the benefit. Am I missing something?
    09-05-10 06:30 AM
    i was waiting for a socialscope invite than someone on here mentioned vodafone update and i have my facebook and twitter accounts there. they also have linkedin and twitpic although i'm having trouble logging into twitpic. i dont use linkedin. its similiar to socialscope although i dont know how similar...but i love it. i wont be getting socialscope now.
    09-05-10 07:43 AM
    I have been waiting months for an invite so if anybody has one invite to give away. I will be more than happy to have it... I was even to a point of buying it but the deal fail through..PM me please!!!
    I wish I did not use mine because I wouldve sold it to you. The app is extremely overhyped. The UI is atrocious and I found the app clumsy in general. I'd much rather use Ubertwitter + the RIM Facebook app than this.

09-05-10 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD