hi

how i can lock my storm 2 9550 rotate screen
    09-02-10 03:16 PM
    You can't. It's what the phone does.
    09-02-10 03:45 PM
    There's two options:
    Purchase Quicklaunch - it provides you with the ability to lock the rotation of your screen, plus a ton of other neat features. And its on sale today in the crackberry app store for half off (so $2.50)

Here's a link for more information: QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of Blackberry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST PRODUCTIVITY APP OF 2009! @ - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Or, there is a free app called Orientation Lock (i think you can find it in the crackberry app store, but not sure - try searching the Storm 2 forums) that will do just that, allow you to toggle on/off the rotation of the screen.

Hope this helps!
    09-02-10 04:00 PM
    hi

how i can lock my storm 2 9550 rotate screen
    I have it as a feature built into QuickLaunch. There's a couple other apps though; Lock Tilt, StopTilt, and TiltOff over in Crackberry app store.
    09-02-10 04:06 PM
    What's the reason for stopping,it if you don't mind me asking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 01:48 AM
    I use 'lock tilt' - it is on App Wold and is only costs about $1.

What's the reason for stopping,it if you don't mind me asking
    I like to keep it in portrait when I am in bed, so that if some one called it doesn't suddenly flick into landscape when I try and answer it.
    09-03-10 07:18 AM
    I use 'lock tilt' - it is on App Wold and is only costs about $1.

I like to keep it in portrait when I am in bed, so that if some one called it doesn't suddenly flick into landscape when I try and answer it.
    Storm and Storm2 don't "flick into landscape" when a call is coming in, at least not in my experience. The phone app is portrait only.
    09-03-10 07:24 AM
    Storm and Storm2 don't "flick into landscape" when a call is coming in, at least not in my experience. The phone app is portrait only.
    when its ringing it can be in portrait or landscape. But it answers only in portrait

Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 09-03-10 at 07:49 AM.
    09-03-10 07:45 AM
    I'm not sure when your talking but when its ringing it can be in portrait or landscape.

guess I never paid attention then, because I don't recall seeing it change orientation. but i'll try it out when my S2 has a bit of a charge
    09-03-10 07:47 AM
    Sorry I edited my post I tried it lol

when its ringing it can be in portrait or landscape. But it answers only in portrait

Poste
    09-03-10 07:50 AM
    Sorry I edited my post I tried it lol

Poste
    Yup, like I said the phone app is portrait only, and I've never really paid attention to orientation when it was ringing; answering the call "flicks" it into portrait.
    09-03-10 07:53 AM
    Yup, like I said the phone app is portrait only, and I've never really paid attention to orientation when it was ringing; answering the call "flicks" it into portrait.
    If you answer the phone in landscape then the call screen will come up landscape... but you have to dial in portrait.

Sometimes when you answer in landscape the speakerphone automatically turns on becaus it thinks it is in its charger.
    09-03-10 09:01 AM
    If you answer the phone in landscape then the call screen will come up landscape... but you have to dial in portrait.

Sometimes when you answer in landscape the speakerphone automatically turns on becaus it thinks it is in its charger.
    I'll have to try that out, I've never seen it. Not that it really matters to me.
    09-03-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD