Hello folks.

I'm wondering if anyone found any website that sells lens for this phone. I'm one of those who is unfortunate enough to scratch the phone lens in less than 2 weeks.

Dumb story actually, I was attempting to plug in the usb cord to my phone when the tip suddenly hit the chrome edge where it then slipped and slid on to my screen. My heart stopped as I look on my phone screen with a ******** S carve on to it.

I'm going to go to Rogers tomorrow and check how much it would cost me to replace the lens. I'm also eligible for the handset protection guarantee promo that they have. So I hope it won't be expensive.

If anyone did find a website that sells some, would you kindly bump this post in the near future?

P.S. - I already looked at 8520/8530 lenses, yes they are almost identical but wouldn't want to get it. I don't like those two vertical line cut outs on the Call and Drop buttons.
    Last edited by .Oreo; 09-02-10 at 01:23 AM.
    09-02-10 01:21 AM
    oreo...don't waste your handset protection guarantee token on the lens. RepairsUniverse.com sells parts for blackberrys. If they don't have parts for the 9300 yet, they will soon because I already sent an inquiry about it.

The handset protection guarantee isn't a promotion, it's a program that is eligible for any Rogers customers that are on a 3yr contract. You're only allowed 1 token per use within 30 months of your contract and it's ONLY for devices that are out of warranty. Also if you're past the 1st year of your contract, it will push back your contract another year and your next hardware upgrade eligibility back 6 months.

If it's just a small physical defect on the housing like a scratch, having it sent out for the screen is a waste, plus they might not even accept it for that matter.

If RepairsUniverse.com doesn't carry a lens for the 9300 yet, just wait..they will soon. I scratched my screen too. It's just a plastic lens covering the actual LCD screen so it shouldn't be too costly to replace. The lens screen for the 85xx on their site is only $10 so the lens for the 9300 shouldn't be that much more. Unfortunately that's the downfall of the 85xx/9300....the lens is so vulnerable to scratches.
    09-05-10 10:57 AM
    i scratched mine as well, thanks for the tips
    01-06-12 07:44 PM
    Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile & http://www.sw-box.com sell the lenses for the 9300. replaced my nephews one. put a screen protector on it straight afterwards.

they also sell the housings for it too. i bought it as a complete set from cnn since it worked out cheaper.
    01-06-12 10:40 PM
    i also scratched my new blackberry but if you are going to get the lens will the scratches be gone away on the old lens and then the new one will be nice and clear or do you have to buy a replacement screen too
    06-08-12 02:04 PM
    Yep. I've bought a bunch of things from them. That was a few years ago so I'd double check if the item you're looking for is still available.

I am sorry for reviving this old thread.

Just need to ask that do you guys found any reliable supplier for lens? Do you recommend this one as a reliable phone parts supplier?

Thank you.
    06-13-14 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD