QuickLaunch - The Swiss Army Knife of Blackberry Apps! - @ VOTED BEST PRODUCTIVITY APP OF 2009! @ - For Storm OS 5.0, has been updated to version 3.3.

New in this update:
    * sched reboot fixes
    * opera mini fix
    * keyboard popup option to allow for keyboard shortcuts. (works best with full keyboard - not reduced.)
    * changed High: Low: to Hi: Lo: to accomodate 3 digit temperatures in Fahrenheit
    * added dd.mm.yyyy format
    * allow local file urls to be launched from browser
    * bug fixes
    * faster startup of menu
    * added media home shortcut
    * media pic button screenshot

(BlackBerry Apps My Account - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store) and modify the software update notification.
    09-02-10 12:07 AM
    Got it....thanks for the update.....

Best regards

09-02-10 11:19 AM
    FYI - if you are using a theme that launches QL from the spacebar you will still get the white screen if your hot key is set to the spacebar because it launches it twice.
    09-02-10 12:08 PM
    Thank you wkaneh3. I do use a theme that has a built in Quicklaunch shortcut for the spacebar and I was getting the White screen. I set my Quicklaunch shortcut option to 'None' and now I do not get the White screen.
    09-02-10 02:49 PM
    3.3 is the latest version for bold 9700, right?
    09-18-10 02:44 PM
    Pardon if this has been covered before but does QL have the ability to launch into BB Messenger and Group areas like Chat, Contacts or Pictures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 12:31 AM
    3.3 is the latest version for bold 9700, right?
    The latest released version for the 9700 is 3.3.

3.3.1 is in testing with bug fixes and one cool new feature.

09-23-10 04:07 AM
    Just wondering... the display current temperature has not worked on my device since some 2.x version on my Storm 2. All I get is an empty line below the date and time. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or is there something I can do to fix it on my phone?
    09-23-10 08:57 AM
    The date formatting changed at some point months ago. In QL Options, read the instructions and search for the Yahoo! Weather coordinates. I think it used to alpha-numeric, but is now just numeric. For example, my code for here in Vancouver is now just 9947.

09-23-10 11:32 AM
    The date formatting changed at some point months ago. In QL Options, read the instructions and search for the Yahoo! Weather coordinates. I think it used to alpha-numeric, but is now just numeric. For example, my code for here in Vancouver is now just 9947.

Thanks for the response... I went to [url=http://weather.yahoo.com], put in my city and state. It then displayed the weather for my location and I got the number at the end of the URL.
    09-23-10 12:28 PM
    Pardon if this has been covered before but does QL have the ability to launch into BB Messenger and Group areas like Chat, Contacts or Pictures?

IIRC, the api isn't available to launch INTO bbm groups like you're asking. you can, however, just launch into BBM itself of course...
    09-23-10 12:58 PM
    Thanks for the response... I went to [url=http://weather.yahoo.com], put in my city and state. It then displayed the weather for my location and I got the number at the end of the URL.
    Great, so it works now?

Last edited by elite1; 09-23-10 at 01:03 PM.
    09-23-10 01:00 PM
    IIRC, the api isn't available to launch INTO bbm groups like you're asking. you can, however, just launch into BBM itself of course...
    I believe you're right. That's my understanding as well.

I was asking Shao why Leave It On wouldn't launch/go-to Group Chat from notification for it, and he explained that RIM didn't give access to that unfortunately.

The easiest solution doesn't involve QL. Just integrate your Groups into the Messages app, and clicking on a new item does actually take you directly there. (I try to just leave my Group Chat open too.) Going through main BBM page is cumbersome...
    09-23-10 01:44 PM
    I believe you're right. That's my understanding as well.

I was asking Shao why Leave It On wouldn't launch/go-to Group Chat from notification for it, and he explained that RIM didn't give access to that unfortunately.

The easiest solution doesn't involve QL. Just integrate your Groups into the Messages app, and clicking on a new item does actually take you directly there. (I try to just leave my Group Chat open too.) Going through main BBM page is cumbersome...
    Indeed, I have done this already.

Shame RIM has for some reason limited access like this. I would buy a launcher type app but every one has annoying exceptions due to a BB design issue.

Multi Click Icons allows 'programing' directly to BB Messenger Chat or Contacts or Pictures but it gives an error message and hence does not actually work.
    09-23-10 02:11 PM
    Yes that's why I leave the Chat open. That way I can click on it in Messages AND it also stays in the App Switcher for access from anywhere when I hold down the MENU key.

I personally love QL. The only features it doesn't provide appear to be those limited by RIM. Between QL and home screen shortcuts (and App Switcher), I rarely find the need to access my App Screen.

*deftly steers thread back on course*
    09-23-10 02:34 PM
    I have QL version 2.21.4 on my Bold 9650. Do I need to uninstall the older version first before installing the new version? Thank you.
    09-23-10 04:54 PM
    I have QL version 2.21.4 on my Bold 9650. Do I need to uninstall the older version first before installing the new version? Thank you.
    I think in the upgrade email you probably got if you bought this from Mobihand/CB, it has some info on that in the email's text from developer portion.

Either way, make sure you back up your QL settings first in the QL Options!
    09-23-10 05:03 PM
    I think in the upgrade email you probably got if you bought this from Mobihand/CB, it has some info on that in the email's text from developer portion.

Either way, make sure you back up your QL settings first in the QL Options!
    Hi elite1,

My pc died and I had to have a new one built about 3 weeks ago. I lost all my saved emails from the Crackberry store. I just can't remember whether you do or don't. Yes....I have my QL backed up.

Guess I'll email QL support. Thank you for your help.
    09-23-10 05:08 PM
    Yeah, CheetahAce answers fast.

Deleting it definitely won't do any harm though, so you can always just do that if you want to be "better safe than sorry."
    09-23-10 05:13 PM
    Yeah, CheetahAce answers fast.

Deleting it definitely won't do any harm though, so you can always just do that if you want to be "better safe than sorry."
    Hi elite1,

Just emailed CheetahAce and asked him. Your right.....better safe than sorry. I has hoping to save a few steps.....I hate uninstalling and then doing a battery pull or having a reboot done.
    09-23-10 05:16 PM
    Great, so it works now?

Yes it works now! Thanks again.
    09-24-10 07:03 AM
    Always glad to help!

09-24-10 12:48 PM
    Is anyone else noticing that the Radio on/off toggle only works sporadically on the newer OSs for the 9700? Also reboot device is no longer reliable and often produces an error.

10-10-10 08:28 PM
    Dunno...but if you even try to contact QL support via email, you'll either get a.) No response, which was my experience (no, it wasn't an FAQ) ...or b.) "You don't have all permissions set to 'Allow'"

Good luck :/

Last edited by webmastir; 10-11-10 at 08:27 AM.
    10-10-10 08:56 PM
    Is anyone else noticing that the Radio on/off toggle only works sporadically on the newer OSs for the 9700? Also reboot device is no longer reliable and often produces an error.
    Ditto on both problems. ON/off not working on quicklaunch is driving me crazy.
    10-10-10 09:32 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD