Hello all.
    I just switched to the Torch from my older htc model. I was able to listen to Howard Stern and other Sirius channels using the app on the htc phone.
    Is there a Sirius/XM app for the 9800/Torch that works currently. Please advise and THANK YOU in advance.
    James
    09-01-10 11:55 PM
    There's a Sirius|XM app for BlackBerry, but I don't think it's compatible with the Torch yet.

SIRIUS|XM on BlackBerry
    09-01-10 11:59 PM
    There's a Sirius|XM app for BlackBerry, but I don't think it's compatible with the Torch yet.

SIRIUS|XM on BlackBerry
    That is what I am seeing also. Has anyone tried to use one of the current options for the other models to see if it works on the Torch anyway?
    09-02-10 12:02 AM
    hey NoW! ( isn't that a common theme for callers to Howard)
    anyway, have you tried logging in through the browser?
    i tried it once and it worked.. around aug 15-17..
    i listen to Sirius mostly in the car and online ( laptop)
    09-02-10 12:29 AM
    hey NoW! ( isn't that a common theme for callers to Howard)
    anyway, have you tried logging in through the browser?
    i tried it once and it worked.. around aug 15-17..
    i listen to Sirius mostly in the car and online ( laptop)
    I tried but it never started playing. Maybe I will try again, but hoping there is an app soon.
    09-02-10 12:31 AM
    I tried logging in on the browser and you can get to the player and select a channel but it doesn't play at all.
    09-02-10 06:13 AM
    I tried logging in on the browser and you can get to the player and select a channel but it doesn't play at all.
    Same result I just got.

Has ANYONE tried using one of the existing Sirius/XM apps to see if that works?
    09-02-10 06:24 AM
    Hey Now!

You could listen to Stern on the app before? When I tried using it the 100/101 channels weren't available, which is why I never used the app again.

Was the HTC one the official Sirius app, or some way of streaming from the website?
    09-02-10 08:38 AM
    Howard Stern is NOT available on the Mobile App. Also, the APP is not compatible with OS6 like a lot of other apps, like Social Scope.
    09-02-10 09:30 AM
    Has ANYONE tried using one of the existing Sirius/XM apps to see if that works?
    Yes. I tried both the Bold and Storm versions. They both install, start up, let you provide login information and then tell you that the service is currently unavailable.

Simultaneous testing with my Bold, indicated that the service was up and running properly at the time.

I use the XM version. But, other than the channels that are available, it's the same app.

I check XM's site daily to see if they have added the Torch to the list of compatible devices. When I saw the title of this thread, I became excited in the hope that it had become available even though the XM store page hadn't changed.
    09-02-10 10:16 AM
    On my htc touch pro I used the Sirius app for windows mobile and it worked perfectly with Howard 100 and 101. So 2 days ago I could listen to my Sirius account on my mobile phone and today with the Torch I no longer can. I hope they have an app soon because it is killing me to not be able to listen at the gym this morning.
    09-02-10 11:46 AM
    It doesn't work on the Torch yet. I call daily and send 2 email complaints each day... I get the same reply that says these are the supported phones. Maybe if enough of us call & email with complaints, they will get of their a**. After all we're paying extra for the service.

Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 01:36 PM
    quick question..
    are you guys on encryption?
    i'm not sure if it has something to do with it..
    and are you streaming using 3G or Wi fi?
    09-02-10 01:47 PM
    I wonder why H100 & H101 aren't allowed to be on the BB App, but they were on the WinMo one.

Maybe Hampton's Howie is waiting for a check from RIM?
    09-02-10 02:51 PM
    quick question..
    are you guys on encryption?
    i'm not sure if it has something to do with it..
    and are you streaming using 3G or Wi fi?
    I am on encryption. I haven't tried it without, but thats a thought.
    I listen to XM strictly on my home Wi-Fi network. I have a pretty large yard and have a couple of access points in my outside workshops.
    I can listen anywhere on my property with the wifi. While doing yardwork or riding the mower it sure is nice to have some tunes to drown out the engine noise.
    In my workshop i have a powered speaker system, i can just plug the speakers into the hone and i have constant digital quality XM.

I became addicted with my bold, then with the 9700, now i'm screwed with the Torch.
    XM/Sirius better hurry up with the compatible app or i'll just turn off my vehicles, my kids vehicles and all the plus packages.
    I use Slacker for now, but, it's not "The Pulse" on XM or any of the other channels i've programmed in all my vehicles.

I'm still emailing daily with complaints, but 1 little account won't break them.
    We need to gang up on them and get a group of people complaining constantly.

I'll nag them until something gives, either someone comes up with a hack and we can all stop paying and get it for frree, or they just simply spend a day or 2 developing the darn app.

I hope this gets to XM or Howard Stern.
    09-06-10 01:49 PM
    It does not work on the Torch using any current method. And that sucks. I listen to Howard all day long and a few music channels like everyone else .

dgary - what email are you using to complain to them and/or phone number.
    09-06-10 02:12 PM
    Any news about the app?
    09-15-10 12:47 PM
    I still can't find one and it is killing me not listening on the Torch
    09-15-10 01:19 PM
    any updates on the Sirius application for the Torch?
    there was a time when the Storm 1/Storm 2 app was a hit or miss with the Torch
    10-22-10 06:31 AM
    Have you check Yesterberry.com? I think they have one of the Stern channels under their member submitted radio streams. Just one of the channels, but it's better than nothing.
    10-22-10 11:02 AM
    Got it working on the Torch -- do a search on uSirius and Orb. Requires a server running in your home/office. Pretty easy to set up -- took about 15 minutes. I am now listening to Sirius using the Torch's browser/media player.

Guide is on SmartPhoneMag dot Com -- I can't post the link.

For me -- I followed the steps of section 2 and 2.2.1
    Last edited by TenMile; 11-25-10 at 06:46 PM.
    11-25-10 06:36 PM
    ANY updates on this since Howard Stern re-signed with Sirius and announced there would be an app for Blackberry -

Is there any thing specifically for the Torch
    Last edited by TVDinner; 12-12-10 at 07:26 AM.
    12-09-10 12:39 PM
    Got it working on the Torch -- do a search on uSirius and Orb. Requires a server running in your home/office. Pretty easy to set up -- took about 15 minutes. I am now listening to Sirius using the Torch's browser/media player.

Guide is on SmartPhoneMag dot Com -- I can't post the link.

For me -- I followed the steps of section 2 and 2.2.1
    No need for all of that work and this setup lags sometimes. Go to Yourmuze.FM brings web radio to your mobile phone | Yourmuze.FM and set up a free account do a search for "howard" or "100". You will find several streams. add them to your list. Go to the same site on your BB and play the stream. I use it almost everyday and have few problems. This still does not let Sirius off the hook. They need to get with the program and get an app for us.
    12-12-10 02:07 AM
    No need for all of that work and this setup lags sometimes. Go to Yourmuze.FM brings web radio to your mobile phone | Yourmuze.FM and set up a free account do a search for "howard" or "100". You will find several streams. add them to your list. Go to the same site on your BB and play the stream. I use it almost everyday and have few problems. This still does not let Sirius off the hook. They need to get with the program and get an app for us.
    Did EXACTLY what you state above on my Torch. Set up the account with no problems. Added 5 (five) different channels related to Howard Stern
    ALL DO NOT WORK.
    You get the message that the "Sirius/XM channel requested is not available"

Not sure how you got it to work on yours but it has not worked all morning (been trying over the past 3 hours) on my Fuze.
    12-12-10 07:40 AM
    Did EXACTLY what you state above on my Torch. Set up the account with no problems. Added 5 (five) different channels related to Howard Stern
    ALL DO NOT WORK.
    You get the message that the "Sirius/XM channel requested is not available"

Not sure how you got it to work on yours but it has not worked all morning (been trying over the past 3 hours) on my Fuze.
    Do a search for "hey now". That is the feed I listen to. It came up when I did a search for "howard" or "100".
    01-06-11 01:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD